Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > The media
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2008, 08:28 PM

Default Amy Goodman First Journalist to Win "Alternative Nobel"

AMY GOODMAN, HOST OF DEMOCRACY NOW!, FIRST JOURNALIST TO RECEIVE RIGHT LIVELIHOOD AWARD

New York City, NY – Award-winning journalist and host of Democracy Now! Amy Goodman is the first journalist to receive the Right Livelihood Award, widely recognized as the world’s premier award for personal courage and social transformation. The annual prize, also known as the Alternative Nobel, will be awarded in the Swedish Parliament on December 8, 2008.

The Right Livelihood Award was established in 1980 to honor and support those “offering practical and exemplary answers to the most urgent challenges facing us today”. Goodman has been selected for “developing an innovative model of truly independent grassroots political journalism that brings to millions of people the alternative voices that are often excluded by the mainstream media.”

Pioneering the largest public media collaboration in the country, Democracy Now! is a daily grassroots, global TV/radio/internet news hour airing on more than 750 public radio and television stations and at democracynow.org.
Blog 4 Paul: Amy Goodman First Journalist to Win "Alternative Nobel"

Old 10-29-2008, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Amy Goodman First Journalist to Win "Alternative Nobel"

This is terrific news. I have been a fan of hers for quite some time. I think it's great for women everywhere.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:55 PM

Why is it great for women EVERYWHERE because Amy Goodman is the first journalist to win alternative nobel?
Old 10-29-2008, 02:23 PM

its better for journalist who speak out then women but thats my 2 cents.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThe1 View Post
its better for journalist who speak out then women but thats my 2 cents.
My point is that just because a woman receives notariety, it doesn't mean that all women everywhere will be affected in a positive way.

I'm sure the sick and starving women in Ethiopia will not prosper from Amy's achievement.

Nor will I.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:39 AM

Amy Goodman fans can see "Democracy Now" on "Edge Media TV". The tv channel can be viewed online here:

Justin.tv - Edge Media TV: entertainment documentary alternative supressed viewpoint complimentary alien climate knights templar

The channel is broadcast between 12pm - 10 pm GMT.

The "Edge Media" forum has a "Democracy Now" section which can be found here:

Edge Media Television - Democracy Now

The channel is less than a year old and they have only just started showing "Democracy Now".
Old 03-30-2009, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
I'm sure the sick and starving women in Ethiopia will not prosper from Amy's achievement.
I'm with you on this. Also, for another perspective:

Amy Goodman (should be Badman or Badwoman), along with Howard Zinn, William Blum, and all those other Jewish poseurs who label themselves "progressives" should be exposed for all their perfidy and hidden allegiances. Not to mention other bright but deceptive media lights like William Rivers Pitt or Paul Craig Roberts, and let's not forget the Arch Shabbez Goy Alex Jones. lol

Maybe these fine, upstanding pillars of the community should attempt to explain why they are razor sharp about the wanton excesses of America and the United States, yet conspicuously fail to identify the Jewish links that cause so many of these serial disasters: Actions by Banks, Media, Medicine, Entertainment, which are all meticulously assembled like a devil's symphony to destroy the societies on which they are imposed.

I figure they should have to come clean about all these issues FIRST, before being handed an award. Nobel Prize for any of the aforementioned, is a bloody disgrace. A bullet in the head wake up call for the general public to be made aware of the dangers of such people being lifted to idol status.

It hurts all of mankind, and should be stopped.

Truth is ONLY available from the Internet.