Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2008, 10:18 PM

Default Pointing the US Surveillance Apparatus at the American People

Do you "pal around with terrorists"? Are you a "radical" or express views that the government considers "extremist"?

On October 28, the whistleblowing website Cryptome published the FBI Directorate of Intelligence: Counterterrorism Division's Counterterrorism Analytical Lexicon. This eye-opening "Unclassified/For Official Use Only" (U/FOUO) document purports "to standardize terms used in the FBI analytical products dealing with counterterrorism."

But what it does instead, in keeping with the FBI's insatiable appetite for "actionable intelligence product," is create new categories of individuals who might fall under the purview of state "counterterrorism" investigations.

Right up front the Bureau informs us that the definitions used in the lexicon, "do not supercede those in the Department of Justice National Foreign Intelligence Program Manual (NFIPM), the Attorney General Guidelines, the National Implementation Plan for the War on Terror, or any US government statute."

That covers a lot and ground and can hide much in the way of government mischief, particularly when new guidelines issued by U.S. Attorney General Michael Mukasey permit broad, intrusive investigations by FBI snoops. As the Washington Post reported in early October,
Abolish The Federal Reserve: Pointing the US Surveillance Apparatus at the American People

Old 11-02-2008, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Pointing the US Surveillance Apparatus at the American People

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThe1 View Post
Do you "pal around with terrorists"? Are you a "radical" or express views that the government considers "extremist"?

On October 28, the whistleblowing website Cryptome published the FBI Directorate of Intelligence: Counterterrorism Division's Counterterrorism Analytical Lexicon. This eye-opening "Unclassified/For Official Use Only" (U/FOUO) document purports "to standardize terms used in the FBI analytical products dealing with counterterrorism."

But what it does instead, in keeping with the FBI's insatiable appetite for "actionable intelligence product," is create new categories of individuals who might fall under the purview of state "counterterrorism" investigations.

Right up front the Bureau informs us that the definitions used in the lexicon, "do not supercede those in the Department of Justice National Foreign Intelligence Program Manual (NFIPM), the Attorney General Guidelines, the National Implementation Plan for the War on Terror, or any US government statute."

That covers a lot and ground and can hide much in the way of government mischief, particularly when new guidelines issued by U.S. Attorney General Michael Mukasey permit broad, intrusive investigations by FBI snoops. As the Washington Post reported in early October,
Abolish The Federal Reserve: Pointing the US Surveillance Apparatus at the American People
What does the government define as radical and what views do they determine to be extremist?

I guess we need to know the answer to those questions before we can determine if we fall into this category.

And, if we did fall into one or both of those categories, then what?
Old 11-03-2008, 05:44 PM

So, would people like Obama and other politicians be considered as hanging around with terrorrists (i.e., Bill Ayers)?
Old 11-04-2008, 10:25 AM
workin' for the man

Send a message via AIM to justgroovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
So, would people like Obama and other politicians be considered as hanging around with terrorrists (i.e., Bill Ayers)?
I would think so. There description is so vague that it could include anyone who has ever written a letter expressing dissatisfaction with a government employee, bureau, etc. If you donated to greenpeace in your lifetime you may be labeled a radical.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgroovy View Post
I would think so. There description is so vague that it could include anyone who has ever written a letter expressing dissatisfaction with a government employee, bureau, etc. If you donated to greenpeace in your lifetime you may be labeled a radical.
Obviously, they like to label people and their description of what one might be according to their guidelines is purposely vague, as you know, to serve them as they see fit.

However, it doesn't serve them very well when Obama and others fit the profile.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:51 AM
Researcher of Evidence

Good point, but Bush fits the profile of someone that should be in jail... And where is he now? Probably... I won't way it... I'll probably get a knock on the door, & my robot body-guard will have to hurt someone.

... People like me are terrorists in only one way; threats to corruption. I am a PEACEFUL activist, even though I like to yell sometimes ;-)