Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: The Vicious Downward Cycle of the American Economy

My generation in the US- gen X which I consider to be anybody under 50: Back in the 80's I still believed in the American Dream, but as the 90's went by and NWO shit escalated, and definitely after 911, I knew it was a lie. I think lots of other people are starting to wake up to this even if they're still in denial.

:roll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
int: :evil: :-...
Old 09-15-2005, 07:08 PM

I should probably add that the real advantage that Americans may have is their ability to infiltrate the third world and take advantage of the lower standard of living. So get ready for some gringo neighbors in the near future, Saturnino.
Already, a lot of Americans without insurance are traveling to the Asian countries to have surgical procedures performed at fractions of what the overpriced American health system charges.
I look for this trend to continue, especially as the American economy weakens further. Many Americans may take the chance, sell whatever they have left and take a shot at living out the rest of their days in a country where their remaining savings provide the most purchasing power.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:18 AM

Freeman,
To be prepared for the gringo invasion ? The last 5 bosses my wife had were foreigners, and my last one too. That's one of the reasons it is hard to find good jobs here. They are everywhere...you should see their wives in the shopping malls...spending, spending, spending, (Louis Vuitoon, Gucci, et.c) with two nannies on trail. My wife hates them !
The fu**ing truth is that they are no better than the Brazilian professionals, but their mission is more to keep an eye for the boss than to really work. In fact, they screw up business all the time, because they don't know the market well.
Life for the guy with graduate education, MBAs, doctor, etc., in the States is paradise. It is one of the few places where you can get rich working for somebody.
I insist, there is a lot of people in this situation. The poor are starting to appear, and you are surprised, but it is completely different from a place where 80% of people are poor. Even with the corruption, you have money to build beautiful avenues, large parks, highways. It makes a difference in the quality of life.
But I understand the trap of debt and that much of the personal wealth of the middle class is an illusion.

BTW, if I were American, i would come to Brazil to have surgery. Quality of service in private hospitals is excellent and medicine is advanced. Prices are one fourth or less of what you would pay in the US. And what is best, doctors in Brazil still care about the patients, they still haven't lost their heart.