Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Let me ask one question of the anti-religious . . .

DC...

Thought I'd read this thread for a while, before responding. I will try and answer your questions honestly.

1. I am not against religious discussion whatsoever. Why I am against is when someone keeps judging me to hell because I don't believe what they believe. I am for dishing back slop do those who would serve it up. I don't have a high tolerance for those who would play God.

I will use maddy as an example. She always suports what she says through scripture and doesn't try to dictate at all. I have noticed many people being able to type, being greatly influenced by their faith and God and yet, they haven't been all trapped up in religious dogma, condemning others to hell in this forum.

I honestly feel that quite a few threads have been sabotaged through religious idiocy. I see no faith nor God in politically correct religious smiting of others. It's just not cool.

3. This site stands for open conversation and will obviously tolerate all the zealots that come along, just like in life, I guess. Everyone is free to be who they want, supposedly. And that does not give any person the right of soul condemnation.

I don't know what the answer is to this question. The one thing I do know is that if people can dish it out, they should be able to take it.

Me. I sometimes bite back, no doubt. Then if it continues, I will walk away. Simple as. I might choose to fight back if I care, and when I walk away it is because I no longer care enough to bother fighting.

I love to learn about people's faiths and religions. I really do. It's the pricks who like to hide behind religion, that I don't like and I believe I have openly displayed that disaffection.

If I haven't answered your questions or you have anymore, please ask away freely.

I will type what I honestly feel and when I feel I cannot, I will leave the forum; for me, there will be no point in staying.

2. Am I bad? Perhaps in some people's eyes. I have visited other forums where the heavy religious judging was left to the specific religious threads and found faith and God throughout many posts sans a dictator style of religious BS.

Plain and simple, I believe their are religious disruptors at this site and they are hiding behind religion. Period. Anyone else can choose to believe whatever they want. For me personally, it puts me off the forum when it is constantly religion, religion, religion, religion, religion.
Why can't it be people of great faith discussing many things alongside religion, without all the judge and jurying?

It doesn't appear that religion is drawing this forum any closer and of course, I could be completely mistaken.

For me, this site is my getaway and the religious zealots are not whom I chose to associate within cyber space. To be brutally honest, they amuse and annoy me.

Mary XXX