Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2005, 07:46 AM

Default Consumers will continue to kill America

This Christmas like past Christmases people in mass will flood the stores and grab everything in site, expecially if its cheap, come the new year when the gas prices are still in the high range they'll think to themselves why isn't the price per gallon ever going down, considering that most people are ignorant of economics they won't come to recognize that they are the ones who is at fault, because leading up to Xmas they didn't care that everything they bought was made in China, thus Chinas economy gets a new head of steam, their factories are useing more fuel, and we will continue to get gouged.
Don't get me wrong I still think the oil bigshots are f cking you and me royally, but our neighbors that don't give a shit where their products had come from are screwing us equally.
As for me I'm going to get this word out by sending a letter to the local paper, hopeing some might recognize the errors of their ways, if you've got time, you should also try to inform as many as possible, it's worth a try!

Old 11-16-2005, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Consumers will continue to kill America

It is my opinion that the only reason that gas prices in the US have stabilized is to do exactly what you suggest, to encourage Christmas spending. This is retail's biggest time of the year and they want us to spend. After the New Year, gasoline will climb again. I am training myself to live with less and I like it. In me a more austere life style presents less stress.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:00 AM

Default Re: Consumers will continue to kill America

I agree with that observation, and I'll ad that to my letter, thanks
Old 11-16-2005, 08:29 AM

Default Wal-Mart memo shows even more expansion

Hopefully some good news on preparing the future fights with WalMart
http://www.cantonrep.com/printable.php?ID=252954
Old 11-16-2005, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Wal-Mart memo shows even more expansion

Good insight, guys, but I won't have to worry about overspending on Christmas...I'm broke. Da Man done cleaned me out a long time ago...

Old 11-16-2005, 09:42 AM

Great thread here, Torchlithill.
It's increasingly difficult to buy anything made in the U.S., especially at the big department stores. Most anything electrical or electronic is made overseas.
For Xmas gifts, a good place to buy locally made goods are at farmers markets and church bazaars. Sometimes the materials for the locally made items are from overseas, but at least local craftspersons will be supported by buying from them instead of from the chain stores.
It's important to support our local economy.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:54 AM

Buy Made in the USA

http://www.devvy.com/