Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Club Conspiracy Community > Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Pre-Maritial Sex...

What’s your take on pre-marital sex? Not being a solid Christian, I believe that sex should only be shared between two who truly love each other. Marriage is becoming a death trap in this day and age… And many of you may notice how everyone is getting divorced lately... Its madness.

:-?

Old 11-24-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Pre-Maritial Sex...

I can't complain! :-D (but I'm married now anyway)

But anyone who does it needs to be responsible for the consequences, whatever they may be.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:00 PM

I've been with the same lady for over for over 14 years, and two kids.

There's a big big difference between actually making love, and masturbating inside someone elses body.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Shannow wrote:
I've been with the same lady for over for over 14 years, and two kids.

There's a big big difference between actually making love, and masturbating inside someone elses body.
:-o sounds crude... But I suppose its true.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to Drew_J

And the difference is the emotion involved. I have no problem with pre-marital sex. If the people truly dig each other and would happily turn down offers from others because they like each other so much and they've been together for a long time and marriage is feasible to them anyway, then why not? Of course this requires knowledge and mastery of yourself.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:32 PM

Here's a good site that Dr. Makow linked:

http://www.celibacy.org/

--Andrew Carnegie
Old 12-06-2005, 11:35 PM

Actually, here's the best article that Dr. Makow has written on this I think:

Quote:
Managing the Male Sex Drive

At age 12, in 1961 I saw the movie Spartacus.

In one scene the camera focuses on Kirk Douglas' face as Jean Simmons sheds her gown. His face is full of wonderment and awe, lighted by the mystical glow seeming to emanate from her naked body but actually from the fire.

The scene made a profound impression on me, a boy just entering puberty.

Our pagan (a.k.a. "modern") Masonic culture programs us to worship sex in the form of the fertile young female.

Romantic love is our ersatz religion. Sexual intercourse is the holy sacrament.
Sex is considered the most pleasurable and profound experience life has to offer.

I subscribed to Playboy and devoured nudes with Kirk Douglas-like adoration. Henceforth I judged females primarily on the basis of sex appeal; all others were invisible. I also equated sexual desire with love, and love with religion. In essence, I became dysfunctional, unable to relate to real women.

This subversive verse from Paul Simon's "Kathy's Song" (1965) became the anthem of my generation:

"So you see I have come to doubt/ All that I once held as true/ I stand alone without beliefs/ The only truth I know is you."

[...]

SUBLIMATION

Being human is a spiritual discipline. It means holding our behaviour accountable to our ideals and evolving morally. Let's catch ourselves when we look at women lasciviously. There is a difference between that and admiring their sex appeal, beauty and grace.

Holding ourselves accountable requires will power. We are the product of our thoughts. The thought is father of the deed. We must control our thoughts and the stimuli we allow.

One acquaintance doesn't masturbate very often. "Why stoke the fires?" he says. He keeps his mind off sex and focuses on more exciting pursuits.

This is called sublimation. The prodigious American writer Upton Sinclair (1878-1968) wrote in his Autobiography (1962):

My chastity was preserved at the cost of much emotional effort...What did I get in return for this? I got intensity and power of concentration; these elements in my make-up were the product of my effort to resist the tempter.

I learned to work fourteen hours a day at study and creative effort because it was only by being thus occupied that the craving for woman could be kept out of my soul. I recited the Wisdom of Solomon: "he that ruleth his spirit is greater than he that taketh a city." (p. 46)

--Andrew Carnegie