Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Social Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Christianity has little to do with Christ

I read the below post from henry's savethemales.ca and I have to agree. I love faith and basically despise religion. Below is why.

Religion - the oldest form of politics - controlling people's faith through fear.

Comments please.

maryXXX

"After all, Christianity has little to do with Christ. It was first formed in 300 AD by the Emperor Constantine of the declining Roman Empire as a structure that would permit Rome's continued control of rising European monarchies and their rulers. Oops, sorry, forgot. I won't go into the misery perpetrated by Catholicism and ... oops, sorry.

You recent article should be read and imbibe thoroughly by all of us, Jews, Christians, and even ex-Catholic now quasi-Hindus like myself.

Paul"

Old 01-25-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Christianity has little to do with Christ

today's Christianity makes Christ look hip and modern especially in the 501c3 corporate non-denom. church I attend. Er, "The Buddy Christ" from the movie Dogma. :-x :-? int: :-o 8-) :hammer:
:roll:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
int: :evil: :-...
Old 01-25-2005, 09:12 PM

In my little mind, the lost message of Christ was that through God, we can do whatever he did, healing, good stuff, miracles...

Not that we are Gods and that through God, through the love of God - JESUS - all things are possible - it is our true divinehuman nature.

That's why I think I am so wierd and can do the things I can with my mind. God - given gifts; blessings and part of every peron's God given human nature. Reading minds is bizarre to say the least. Telepathy is off the hook strange.

Empaths like Deanna Troy from Star Trek whatever. That is what I believe our human nature to be. How far off the path have we gone? Hello???

Compassion? Brings me back to Jesus.

XXX

God's will, not mine. Know what I mean?

Satan would have us believe it is our power, not God's - not good thinking in my books.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:34 PM

Do you or anyone realize that the whole concept of "Christianity" is centered around the meaning of its word instead of focusing on the messages of Jesus himself?

Christ is the modern translation of the Greek original term, "christos" (or Chi-Rho, in symbol) as meaning the "messiah, savior, or deliverer".

Are we really focusing on the idealized philosophy of Mankind's Savior that is now Christianity or are we associating Jesus with the Christ on the accounts of his gospels from God?

Foods for thought.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:42 AM

:-?
Quote:
Do you or anyone realize that the whole concept of "Christianity" is centered around the meaning of its word instead of focusing on the messages of Jesus himself?
Your wrong the Christianity is indeed about focussing on the message of Jesus Christ.
That is a pathetic attempt at trying to discredit Christianity by the way!.

Quote:
Are we really focusing on the idealized philosophy of Mankind's Savior that is now Christianity or are we associating Jesus with the Christ on the accounts of his gospels from God?
Both they are not exclusive of one another.
What is your point.You have obviously never read the NT or even tried to understand it.Because it appears you came here to discredit christianity. You may not understand the Bible but that does not discredit the Religion!.
I should remind you or is it inform you that christianity is all about faith. Faith to your mind is no doubt irrational but to christians it does not require acedemic rationlist analysis of the type you are attempting here.
So I doubt you will be convincing any christians with you lines of argument unless they are lukeworm believers to begin with.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:01 AM

alumbrado,

I like that food for thought

mary XXX
Old 01-27-2005, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Ozziecynic wrote:
Your wrong the Christianity is indeed about focussing on the message of Jesus Christ.
That is a pathetic attempt at trying to discredit Christianity by the way!.
Perhaps you are not exactly enlightened on the origins of Christianity. :-(

Quote:
Ozziecynic wrote:
Both they are not exclusive of one another.
What is your point.You have obviously never read the NT or even tried to understand it.Because it appears you came here to discredit christianity. You may not understand the Bible but that does not discredit the Religion!.
I should remind you or is it inform you that christianity is all about faith. Faith to your mind is no doubt irrational but to christians it does not require acedemic rationlist analysis of the type you are attempting here.
So I doubt you will be convincing any christians with you lines of argument unless they are lukeworm believers to begin with.
Whatever you say, sir. I'm not here to discredit Christianity, just to clear up the misconceptions associating with the origins of Christianity.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Whatever you say, sir. I'm not here to discredit Christianity, just to clear up the misconceptions associating with the origins of Christianity.
:-o Not here to discredit christianity, Really!.
I refer everyone to the Thread " The Norwegians are Right" for the blatant hypocrisy of this Snake!. :-x
Old 01-31-2005, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Religion - the oldest form of politics - controlling people's faith through fear.
There's a certain bit of irresponsibility in this quote. Why must, if we feel fear, be quick to point at someone else and say it's their fault? Below is a quote from the book 'The Great Controversy'. I've placed it in the Book Lists if anyone is interested. I am only halfway through it myself but from what I've read, I can tell you that I feel like moving mountains.

Quote:
There is another and more important question that should engage the attention of the churches of today. The apostle Paul declares that "all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." 2 Timothy 3:12. Why is it, then, that persecution seems in a great degree to slumber? The only reason is that the church has conformed to the world's standard and therefore awakens no opposition. The religion which is current in our day is not of the pure and holy character that marked the Christian faith in the days of Christ and His apostles. It is only because of the spirit of compromise with sin, because the great truths of the word of God are so indifferently regarded, because there is so little vital godliness in the church, that Christianity is apparently so popular with the world. Let there be a revival of the faith and power of the early church, and the spirit of persecution will be revived, and the fires of persecution will be rekindled.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Ozziecynic wrote:
Quote:
:-o Not here to discredit christianity, Really!.
I refer everyone to the Thread " The Norwegians are Right" for the blatant hypocrisy of this Snake!. :-x
Whatever, you tool. :roll: