Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2006, 07:42 AM

Default USMC Capt: "I believed Bush. I was wrong."

USMC Capt: "I believed Bush. I was wrong."

Coming home disillusioned

By Christopher H. Sheppard
Special to The Times

Three years ago, I was a Marine Corps captain on the Iraqi/Kuwaiti border, participating in the invasion of Iraq. Awestruck, I heard our howitzers thunder and watched artillery rockets rise into the night sky and streak toward Iraq their light bathing the desert moonscape like giant arc welders.

As I watched the Iraq war begin, I completely trusted the Bush administration. I thought we were going to prove all of the left-wing antiwar protesters and dissenters wrong. I thought we were going to make America safer. Regrettably, I acknowledge that it was I who was wrong.

Continue to read:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/PrintStory.pl?document_id=2002925025&slug=snomarin e12&date=20060412