Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2006, 10:38 PM

Default Re: CUT AND PASTERS **2**

Quote:
truebeliever wrote:
Quote:
Truebeliever, surly a site that allows what has happened here over the past several weeks is beyond repair. We are overcome with drug filled teens or even worse. Intelligent b\debate has no home here.
Agreed.

It's up to ADMIN.

I think this forum has a real future based loosley around Makows work and web site.

In time, more good posters will come if the fools can be treated with an iron rod and discipline instilled.

I have had to think long and hard about my own behaviour. Am I hear to get accross information or to play around and wreck the site?
Iron rod and discipline does not compute on a site of this nature. Perhaps a mentoring program would solve your long term problem. I have a lot of experience with that. Perhaps I could moderate such a mentoring program for noobs so they don't run amuck.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Tor wrote:
Perhaps I could moderate such a mentoring program for noobs so they don't run amuck.
Yes because your interpersonal skills have been so well executed here.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:01 AM

Quote:
truebeliever wrote:
Quote:
I have noticed that there are an awful lot of cut and pasters hanging around this place.
Would you prefer we give you first hand accounts of our bowel movements?

I was'nt at the last Bilderberger meeting and unfortunately I can only "cut & paste" and offer a few views.

Perhaps it should be mandatory that some thought go into each originator of a thread? ADMIN should make it a rule that thoughtful comments must precede the "cutting and pasting" of articles?

To cut and paste...that is the question. Obviously the answer is yes. How else is information gotton accross?
Thanks for a response that is related to the thread starter, Truebeliever. The main problem that I have with a broad-based cut and paste campaign is that at some level the articles are taken at face value to be fact. We live in an age that is rife with misinformation that is regularly disseminated through the media as fact to an audience that still believes that if itäs written or spoken (on TV or the radio) then it's true. Now, with the internet, there is a vast amount of information available literally at the bidding of our fingertips. Much of it is fabrication supposition and opinion disguised as the truth. I recently quit posting on a board because of a single poster who spammed the political forum with articles that he would find on Google to make his points. I liken it to having an opinion and sitting back and letting other people argue it for you. Cut and paste jobs, to me, are like these radio stations that we have today with no DJs where they just play music and comercials with no human interjection.

At the end of the day, what is a FORUM? It is a place to have a conversation. One of the points that I'm trying to make is that if someone cuts and pastes a big long article about something and then someone else cuts and pastes another article that is contrary to it, it's not really in the spirit of a FORUM. A forum is supposed to be a place of inquiry. Inquiry comes from individuals opining on various issues related to the subject matter of the specific inquiry at hand and then perhaps citing references. All that I am pointing out is that around here, a lot of times it gets done backwards. Kind of like "my link is better than your link".

Sorry for the long post and thank you for reading.

-OV