Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Club Conspiracy Community > Announcements and Site News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2006, 09:10 PM

Default Dissapearing Post - "Whatever Happened To The Orbital Engine"

Dear ADMIN,

Try as I may I cannot find this post from some time ago...in the "Oceana" forum.

Has it been officially deleted?:-)

It aint there and seeing as I posted nothing terribly outlandish I was wondering if you can explain the case of the missing post?

Best.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Dissapearing Post - "Whatever Happened To The Orbital Engine"

Perhaps it was removed for good reason. I'll see if I can't help you find it.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:11 AM

I looked for it too, it kept giving me the prompt that I dont have permission to that page,
not sure if it would help but heres a site that might have a link?
http://ausrotary.dntinternet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668060&sid=45b2d8c9f1dc046ec1c18ce 1ee7cafcc
http://ausrotary.dntinternet.com/forums/index.php?sid=d69730f6efd6f0f8e53ae9244d7d7333
I've heard of them and they are an interresting design.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:26 AM

two more on the subject.
http://www.oengine.net/
http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/patents/ex_orbit.shtml
Old 09-11-2006, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Perhaps it was removed for good reason. I'll see if I can't help you find it.
Please do. :-)

Quote:
I looked for it too, it kept giving me the prompt that I dont have permission to that page,
not sure if it would help but heres a site that might have a link?
http://ausrotary.dntinternet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668060&sid=45b2d8c9f1dc046ec1c18ce 1ee7cafcc
http://ausrotary.dntinternet.com/forums/index.php?sid=d69730f6efd6f0f8e53ae9244d7d7333
I've heard of them and they are an interresting design.
Thanks for the links TLT. Good to see you.

That post has DEFINATELY dissapeared. I am more than willing to be corrected and increase my anti-paranoia meds but i cant see it happening.

Just for the record...

A mate of mine (Robert Parrin) got an apprentiship with Ralph Sarich (orbital engine and fuel injection system inventor) in 1986. He kept me posted for years on what was happening especially when I was working night club security during the early 90's.

Ford asked Sarich to drop the "Wankel" type rotary design as they claimed it would require to much retooling of the factories. He then produced a fairly basic two stroke motor with only 2/3rds the moving parts and a revoloutionary fuel injection system.

This 1.8 litre motor put out around 80kw of power and could take you over 1000km's on a 70 litre tank of fuel...travelling at 110-130km/h.

Fuel savings were around %30-%50 depending on driving conditions.

People must understand...this was NO pie in the sky. It was a happening product underwritten by Ford.

In the end Sarich gave up trying to make the engine locally and sold his engine and patents to Ford outright for 190 million dollars. Sarich now SPECULATES on property and suggests no one bother to get an invention going. Just design and patent it and then sell it to the big boys. He was absoloutly sold out by everbody and was bitter as hell for a long time.

After all is said and done we heard that the motor would be in outboard motors, motorbikes and fuel efficient cars...we heard about this constantly for five years back in the early 90's and then...NOTHING.

Ford have the engine and the patents locked up in their U.K subsidery.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:32 PM

Quote:
truebeliever wrote:
That post has DEFINATELY dissapeared.
Yep. wiped.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:04 AM

Quote:
truebeliever wrote:

This 1.8 litre motor put out around 80kw of power and could take you over 1000km's on a 70 litre tank of fuel...travelling at 110-130km/h.

Fuel savings were around %30-%50 depending on driving conditions.

People must understand...this was NO pie in the sky. It was a happening product underwritten by Ford.

In the end Sarich gave up trying to make the engine locally and sold his engine and patents to Ford outright for 190 million dollars. Sarich now SPECULATES on property and suggests no one bother to get an invention going. Just design and patent it and then sell it to the big boys. He was absoloutly sold out by everbody and was bitter as hell for a long time.

After all is said and done we heard that the motor would be in outboard motors, motorbikes and fuel efficient cars...we heard about this constantly for five years back in the early 90's and then...NOTHING.

Ford have the engine and the patents locked up in their U.K subsidery.
What will be interesting is what happens to this motor today. In the late 80s and early 90s with gas prices low (even in the late 90s, I was buying gas for $0.75 per gallon in the Washington, D.C. area), there was simply no market for a 60 horsepower moter that could go 59 mph. The market wanted big motors and big cars, not fuel efficient ones.

The motor may have been seen as a threat to Ford, but I doubt it. At that time, there was not a market for it.

Where the rubber will meet the road is if Ford or someone doesn't bring out something like that now. If your numbers are true, it is much better than a hybrid and likely to be much less expensive. Ford or anyone would have an incentive now to bring it out. It could be the company's salvation.

Several years ago, I worked for a company that had been a large conglomerate involved in oil and gas, mining, etc. The company had reconstituted itself as a pure play in E&P but had a legacy in R&D in all sectors. My job was literally to troll the warehouse and look for commercial applications for anything in the shelves.

There was literally a ton of good ideas. The reasons they were on the shelf were myriad, but none that I could find were particularly diabolical. Sure some of them were there because they could have cannibalized an existing business, but that was more management or bureaucratic politics than anything sinister. Most were not economical at the time, including one that we were able to spin into a JV with a battery player who had a complimentary technology and now the JV is the leader in large battery systems, including for hybrids.

I am not saying that there are not inventions that have been shelved because they could kill a powerful business interest. I believe there are. I just think the jury is out on the one you mention. For now.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:18 AM

The fact is that these vehicle manufactures and oil companies work in cahouts, they each own the others stock , its just not on the books.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:53 AM

Although this isn't on orbital engines, it is an excellent site for technology.
http://www.keelynet.com/indexfeb206.htm
:-D
Old 09-12-2006, 09:34 AM

Nikola Tesla's 'Black Magic' Touring Car
8-)
http://www.evworld.com/view.cfm?section=article&storyid=1062

PS, watch when you ad a smiley, for some reason they erase the links in the post. why?