Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Death of the internet

I was setting up a new computer for a friend last night. I put in a new CD burner so I needed to set up a CD player. Put in a CD. No sound. More interesting was the "Connect to the internet" message to find the album. Duh! I have the dam CD in the drive, what in God's name do I need the internet for!
Well I'll tell you. They want to get people used to being married to the internet so they can check up on you, period. In time your personal computer will not be your personal computer. It will simply be a survellance tool. The accelleration of this trend is more than exponential and greatly disturbs me.
Welcome to Windows Palladium. Insert rectal probe to proceed.
Keep and eye out for this and you will soon see what I mean.
I installed another program for DVD recording and included in the package was an online backup program. Novabackup will backup your entire hard drive online. Secure? Oh yes. Why? Oh, because they said so. Please Lord, please take me now, I can't stand living amongst morons any longer!

Old 02-22-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Death of the internet

You are right, there is a trend to check all your activity. Use a firewall and deny access to the internet to all programs that you don`t trust. Also, you can use a public proxy to hide your steps.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:16 PM

Great thread: But guess what??? Soon, when using a computer --- say, at your local library will entail having not just your regular library card, but one that has your full ID with finger print. Sooooooooooo that, you guessed it! It will have your true identity when you shove that card into a nice little slot. Infact, when I questioned the cable company as to why my cable box had a slot, they said, "oh in the future it will be easier to use your credit card to order movies" I bet!! They have covered every nook and cranny, that is to know what we do and where and who we are.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:30 PM

Alex Jones talks about that in police state 3 if not mistaken. There is a plan to have a fingerprint ID check thingy on your keyboard. Think of it as the end of passwords.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:20 AM

Quote:
DoctorX wrote:
Alex Jones talks about that in police state 3 if not mistaken. There is a plan to have a fingerprint ID check thingy on your keyboard. Think of it as the end of passwords.

Some might exclaim: "the end of PASSWORDS?" "how about the end period!"
Re: Alex Jones, I'm not his greatest fan, he is telling us what to expect-----period, finished!.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:04 AM

Go back and re-read 1984.

Pogo (Walt Kelly)
Old 02-23-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Death Of The Internet & The End Of The World As We Know It

Internet Control - The End Of The World As We Know It :-o :-o :-o

Internet Control Proposal For Global Summit In Geneva – Next Week
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35900

Bush's Master Plan For The Internet
http://www.rense.com/general33/master.htm

Israel Top Base For Internet Attacks
http://www.rense.com/general43/sdinet.htm

The Coming Internet Power Grab
http://www.lewrockwell.com/yates/yates86.html

UN Group Seeks Control Of The Internet
http://washingtontimes.com/world/20031117-113002-7678r.htm

Web Won't Let Government Hide - At Least Until They Pull The Plug
http://wired.com/news/privacy/0%2C1848%2C65800%2C00.html?tw=wn_tophead_3

And therefore, the purpose must be, to curtail “freedom of speech” world-wide...

"Freedom Of Speech" Is "Quaint" & "Outdated" ? - Political Paranoids Are Now Mentally Ill
http://www.clubconspiracy.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=475&forum=17
8-)
Old 02-26-2005, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Minuteman wrote:
Well I'll tell you. They want to get people used to being married to the internet so they can check up on you, period. In time your personal computer will not be your personal computer. It will simply be a survellance tool.
its funny that you *are* using the internet to write this!
Quote:
Novabackup will backup your entire hard drive online. Secure? Oh yes. Why? Oh, because they said so. Please Lord, please take me now, I can't stand living amongst morons any longer!
you think you can do it better?
Old 03-03-2005, 06:37 AM

It's called Microsoft Windows XP...wait until you get the "Longhorn" version!

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

You will be unable to download MP3's unless off a registered site.

You will not be able to copy DVD's etc...

Microsoft will be able to delete files through a special code in things you download like if you buy a lisence for music that lasts for one week etc...

"TC provides a computing platform on which you can't tamper with the application software, and where these applications can communicate securely with their authors and with each other. The original motivation was digital rights management (DRM): Disney will be able to sell you DVDs that will decrypt and run on a TC platform, but which you won't be able to copy. The music industry will be able to sell you music downloads that you won't be able to swap. They will be able to sell you CDs that you'll only be able to play three times, or only on your birthday. All sorts of new marketing possibilities will open up."

God help us.

Download and print the article and read at bedtime.

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html

An oppurtunity for Linux...particularly Mandrake Linux? NOT LIKELY! Just try downloading a peice of software and running it on "the easiest" Linux yet...yeh right...good luck!

What a peice of crap!

Linux and Mandrake Linux inparticular (the market leader) are such dogs to operate I am convinced Gates has bought them out and is having the biggest laugh EVER!

I'm no computer fool but I could not for the life of me even download and get to run the simplest of programs off their site.

If thats the best Linux can do they can stick it.

Being free is'nt good enough.

I already have FREE cracked XP.

Lift your game Linux or go home pretender.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:55 PM

Quote:
truebeliever wrote:
Microsoft will be able to delete files through a special code in things you download like if you buy a lisence for music that lasts for one week etc...
then, just dont buy it! Noone says you must buy Longhorn (when its there in 2007)

and dont worry, everything has a crack.

Quote:
I'm no computer fool but I could not for the life of me even download and get to run the simplest of programs off their site.

If thats the best Linux can do they can stick it.

Being free is'nt good enough.
get a copy of Redhat or SuSE.
Try SuSE Linux 9.2