Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > The media
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2007, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Predictive Programming, Watching movies with a critical eye

The Invasion (2007)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427392/

A virulent virus from outer space is threatening our very existence. Infected humans transform into callous and vicious robotic beings seemingly having the sole intention of working to infect the remaining uninfected humans. Quite the original movie theme, huh? Not....

Predictive programming elements:
  1. The CDC (Center for Disease Control) is crucial in the attempt to alleviate the alien viral epidemic and is in no time engaged in trying to find an anti-viral cure in the form of inoculations, the no-questions-asked remedy in the movie. Therefore, it's quite the unabashed white-wash advertisement campaign for vaccines, which is meant to make the public feel comfortable towards taking vaccines should the 'occasion' arise to do so.

At the end of the movie, vaccines are widely administered to, of course, successfully counteract and squelch the vicious and pernicious alien viral epidemic. Quite cannily the word vaccines is verbally pronounced while the word solutions appears written on the screen. Therefore thus by wedding the two concepts in the eye of the viewer, the public is once again lured into believing the benign and life-saving qualities vaccines bring with them on application.
  2. In the movie it is quite soon discovered that the infected can be tricked into refraining assaulting those who remain uninfected if the latter abstain from showing emotion (towards the infected). By shutting themselves off from emotions, including all positive ones - such as compassion, towards the infected this will help widen the gap between the diseased and the healthy in the public's eye.
  3. All the the work in trying to find a cure to the viral infection is being carried out at Fort Dietrich. This shameless act of propaganda may help to offset the effect of any bad allegations that this military laboratory has received in the mind of the public in that it is actually involved in creating viruses - such as the AIDS virus. Another PR attempt to white-wash the extent of a bad reputation in the public's eye.
  4. In the movie the police turn out to be just as receptive for infection as the other normal civilian groups. The military however, the movie likes us to believe, seems to be quite impervious to infection. Therefore, should a viral crisis be imposed on society the police should be trusted much less so than the military. This scenario helps to familiarize the public with a martial law situation in which the military has usurped the role of the police and entice them to accept this as desirable.
  5. The movie ends with the main character - Nicole Kidman, recalling the thought-provoking words somebody else spoke to her earlier in the movie:
    "In the right situation we're all capable of the most terrible crimes. Imagine a world where this was not so, where every crisis did not result in a new atrocity, where every newspaper is not full of war and violence. This is to imagine a world where human beings cease to be human."
    This deliberate act of recollection is remarkable and is therefore likely to serve a purpose. I conjecture that it may serve to subtly acquaint the public with the idea that ordinary humans are to blame for all the bloodshed in the world and that the only way to put an end to it is to stop us being human, i.e. to force us to accept modifications that take away those qualities which make us human (brain-chip).

Old 12-28-2007, 11:12 AM

Shoot em Up (2007)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465602/

Another shameless example of a high octane action movie that absolutely glorifies the gun. Guns blazing and bullet whizzing by everywhere and all the time...

Predictive programming elements:
  1. The main character, sarcastically referred to as "Mr Hero" (Clive Owen) by his nemesis, succeeds to magically evade all the many bullets shot at him by the hordes of 'bad guys', while successfully 'decommissioning' most of them by his routinely immaculate returning fire. The obvious mantra being: the bad guys lose and get whacked while the good guys survive and win. The image of the tormented but sympathetic good guy fused with the image of invincibility is once again brutishly forced on the probably young and gullible viewing public, thus serving as potential recruitment material for the armed "good guy" forces.
  2. All throughout the movie, Mr Hero sturdily maintains a cool and emotionless head (and face). It's too bad though that the viewing public may one day get a chance to mimic what they've seen in this and so many other brainless action movies and adopt this borderline psychopathic behavior not only in the line of fire - where given the circumstances it's more or less useful, but also in everyday life - where it's not so useful.
  3. At more occasions than one, images of violence and sex are happily wedded together. By doing so the perception of violence gets an extra dimension of excitement and it literally stands to become sexy. Thus the attractiveness of violence is boosted by having it blend in with sexual images. This all too often applied media technique of psychological driving works wonders for army recruitment purposes but unfortunately doesn't exactly bode well for the integrity of a stable and serene society.
  4. In the last batch of scenes, Mr Hero magically erects and commands several remote controlled shooting contraptions which enable him to take out his assailants with the minimum of effort and risk to own bodily harm. I'd venture to say that this scenario is to familiarize the target audience, being young potential military recruits, with remote controlled warfare, in which jeopardy to the safety of the shooters is significantly reduced while making the act of killing much easier and more anonymous to do. By the same token, I'm quite convinced that the video game industry serves the same purpose.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:00 PM

Have you read the book "Starship Troopers"?

Not the movie where the Mobile Infantry were merely cannon fodder but the book where they were provided with a super human exoskelaton?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:37 PM

Starship Troopers 3 - Marauder
Starship Troopers 3: Marauder (2008)

This is typically a movie for young people, especially boys who still like to play around with toy guns and are the most likely army recruits later in life. The movie is probably a bit too childish to the most adult movie veterans and although admittedly the movie seems to have its spoofy moments, the overal tone of the movie is quite serious as well (there are no jars of artificial blood spared in this one). Given its possible impact on a young viewing public I decided to treat the movie as a serious work of propaganda rather than let it slip away as a harmless spoof.
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...nap-234241.png
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...nap-266940.png
"If you're against the war, you're against us...", seems to be the boring du jour slogan of The Federation (the central type of governing body). False dichotomous maxims like this remind me of the one uttered by no less than US President George Bush himself, who said not too long after 911 that "You are either with us, or you are with the terrorists." Again, there's little resting ground for the pacifist. Consequently, war protesters are without recourse summarily executed since they are considered to be quite literally enemies of the state.
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...nap-234936.png
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...p-541396-1.png

Thus it will comes as little surprise to the viewer that the movie portrays a society in which Martial Law is in full swing. Seemingly every government official is wearing an army uniform, a type of which is strongly reminiscent of wartime Nazi Germany. Coincidence? I think not.
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...nap-246736.png
In the early moments of the movie, some of the main characters, which are military men and women from the Federation, have to defend themselves against hostile farmers. Since sympathy is granted to the military at the expense of the farmers, the movie makes it look as if the
military also have the default moral upper hand. This condition is further accentuated when one of the main characters (the General) gets a serious ass-whooping from those wretched and immoral farmers.

In the eyes of the viewer, given the movie's unconditional moral preference for the military, the most ferocious kind of Fascism - Nazism - gets a huge endorsement by the movie.
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...p-341870-1.png
In order to successfully fight the enemies of the Federation (mind you, I'm talking about the bugs now rather than the peaceful war-protestors) a crack military team is outfitted with an impressive type of high-tech exoskeletal robotic armour, of which the following is said in the movie: "The hardwire interfaces directly with your nervous-system." This suggests that, at least in the military, that once a trooper gets its brain wired onto (external) hardware, nothing but good and prosper comes out of it. Of course, to stress viewer attraction towards (brain)implants a bit more, imagery of nudity are joyously blent in with the movie scenery. This way, the attractiveness of the idea of future implants is boosted with sex-appeal.

It's quite remarkable that the movie portrays a society in which an almost perfect balance exists between male and female soldiers, even in the crack outfit. The movie makers seemingly went out of their way to avoid sexism at all costs. The feminists may be pleased with the outcome and the army recruiters may perhaps look towards times of welcoming more female recruits.

In one of the final scenes there's a remarkable confluence of two sequences: you see two women praying out loud and you see the hardware amped-up crack rescue team very effectively shooting away at the enemy bugs with "everything they got."

It is thus suggested that the gunslinger amped-up crack-team saviours are envoys of God himself. The viewer is left with the impression that military intervention sometimes earns no less than the blessing of God, especially if there are people praying hard enough for it. The salutation to God in the movie together with the Nazi character of the good-guys combined with its success in conquering evil suggests to the viewer that a Nazi kind of society is indeed sanctioned by God. And what an insane notion that is, but the naive viewer may be unlikely to notice this.

Last edited by DutchPhil : 08-12-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:14 AM

I've taken all my analyses, brushed them up and fumbled them all into one blog:

Predictive Programming in Movies
Old 09-07-2008, 03:14 AM
Banned

Well, I think they're Nazis or something aren't they? They need to watch out though and stay underground or they're gonna get themselves blowd up like in WW2. Truth, be told, they're gonna get themselves blowd up even if they are underground. These Nazi types just never learn.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:24 AM

Films like "Children of Men", "Starship Troopers 3" or "28 Weeks Later" are dystopic film. As such, they give visions of the future that are supposed to be negative. I don't think anyone can seriously claim that the sort of future depicted in those films is the sort of future desired by the movie directors in question.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
Films like "Children of Men", "Starship Troopers 3" or "28 Weeks Later" are dystopic film. As such, they give visions of the future that are supposed to be negative. I don't think anyone can seriously claim that the sort of future depicted in those films is the sort of future desired by the movie directors in question.
Well, I don't know. I think Rocky 4 may have helped to stop the cold war and defeat the Nazis in world war 2. Just go to show that good character, hard work, and the eye of the tiger can defeat anything, even Illuminati Nazis.

Like this..

YouTube - Living in America

So you had this big Illuminati Nazi Russian right. And then little poor rocky. And that Nazi says, "i must break him'' and I mean he was all on drugs and stuff, and big and strong, but rocky had adrian and he split wood all winter in alaska or something...

And I mean by the end, that Nazi was, "Crap man! He's like a piece of iron!"

So...there you go.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
Well, I don't know. I think Rocky 4 may have helped to stop the cold war and defeat the Nazis in world war 2.
???

You do know that Rocky 4 was made several decades AFTER WW2, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
Just go to show that good character, hard work, and the eye of the tiger can defeat anything, even Illuminati Nazis.
Illuminati and "nazis" were on oposite sides.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Banned

Actually, the Illuminati are Nazis.

Most do not know but Ordo Illuminati is only the first grade in the system of degrees.

There are 10, which are as follows:

1. Members born into Illuminati are born nursed and watch cartoons and Seseme Street for the first 4 years.

2. Then they are Initiated into the Cub Scouts Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts.

3. Next they are initiated into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and go on a two year missionary journey as elders.

4. Next they are initiated into the Church of Scientology where they become a 'clear', and get to meet with Tom Cruise and John Travolta and take a ride in the airplane.

5. Next they are initiated into the American Evangelical Convention, where they take a cruise to Israel with John Haggee, enjoy great BBQ, meet with Joel Olstein for a self esteem seminar, and get free tickets to Max Lucados church for dramatic presentations.

6. They are initiated into the Scottish Rite where they learn to bake meth, grow weed, and pack coke.

7. They join the Southern Baptist Convention where they learn to prepare and serve quick and easy hot pot luck lunches and southern hospitality for future Illuminati rituals.

8. They are initiated into the Shriners where they learn to hold fundraisers like walking around on the street collecting change from passersby, advertise warehouse community garage sales, hold car washes on saturday.

9. They are initiated into the church of Satan where they are allowed free tickets to sea world, view Anton LaVey's ashe, and practice their Kung Fu on Marilyn Manson.

10. They are initiated into the Lion's club where they learn to play poker, dominos, chickenfoot, checkers, and shoot the moon, for future reference of holding Saturday night festivals at retirement homes and local chess clubs.