Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > New World Order > What I did to resist today
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2005, 04:53 AM

Default Don't try to convert an American

I tried yesterday to talk about the New World Order and how the US government is led by a cabal of evil people, but was faced with a terrible reaction.
This American guy is a really nice guy, generous and gentle, but he changed into a raged bull. He said I was victim of propaganda, that the US Army is only protecting the US by invading Iraqi, that there is no torture , no muder in Iraqi, etc.

Well, I say it is almost impossible to change the mind of an American. Really, I have met hundreds of them and never ever have I seen one say "I was wrong" or "maybe I have to research more" or even "I don`t know". I think it is a characteristic of the American culture never to show weakness of doubt. They also train themselves for debate from kindergarten. They even have debate classes in grad school !

This individualism, assertiveness and self assurance works fine if you live in a well defined system where you have to get ahead of the others to succeed, like the world is a kind of competition among people (that`s why they are so rich, they have double the determination than Brazilians have). But it blocks the individual from knowing anything new or anything that contradicts their perfect model of the world.

They are like a machine that, once adjusted, never can be tuned again. Add to this the fact that most of them have a father or an uncle or a brother in the military and you see why saying that the government is corrupt and the military evil creates such a reaction.

I'm really tired...