Would Effectively Ban Religion
Alert: Listeners and Readers: The UN was contacted and they say this is a HOAX!
A draft resolution which aims to secure global peace and stability at the expense of organized religion is today being submitted to the United Nations in New York.
NEW YORK, NY (PRWEB) January 27, 2004 -- A draft resolution which aims to secure global peace and stability at the expense of organized religion is today being submitted to the United Nations in New York.
The resolution is being proposed by Antony Last, founder of http://www.formulism.org , a site which claims that freedom FROM religion would be of far greater benefit to mankind than freedom OF religion.
Freedom from Religion | Proposed UN Resolution / Charter Amendment | Version 1.1
WE THE PEOPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS HEREBY VOW
* to save succeeding generations from the scourge of organized religion, a folly which has brought untold sorrow to mankind through the division, hatred and conflict it engenders, and
* to reaffirm an individual's right to freedom of belief, freedom of conscience and freedom of prayer, and
* to establish conditions under which these freedoms can be privately exercised.
AND FOR THESE ENDS WE UNDERTAKE
1. To outlaw, with immediate effect, the public _expression of religious beliefs, including the use of symbols, clothing or markings which are synonymous with any currently or previously existing religions.
2. To outlaw, with immediate effect, public acts of worship or religious declaration.
3. To outlaw, with immediate effect, private gatherings of three or more people for the purposes of engaging in acts of worship or religious services.
4. To outlaw, with immediate effect, the publication of books, literature or articles which seek to promote religious beliefs or encourage adherence to religious doctrine.
5. To outlaw, after a period of amnesty, the personal ownership of books or materials which seek to promote religious beliefs or encourage adherence to religious doctrine. (Books of academic or social interest will be made freely available to schools, universities and public libraries).
6. To outlaw, with immediate effect, the celebration of religiously significant dates.
7. To begin, with immediate effect, the destruction or reassignment of predominantly religious buildings, such as churches, mosques and temples.
For further information, see:
http://www.formulism.org/news.html (now unavailable the last I checked)
United Nations Contact Information
Office of the Spokesman for the Secretary-General
United Nations, S-378
New York, NY 10017
Press/media inquiries only
All other inquiries to be addressed to (212) 963-4475 or firstname.lastname@example.org
News, Information, & Analysis That Governments, Interest Groups, and the Corporate Media Don\'t Want You To Know!