Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > Latest News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2008, 01:19 PM

Default Killer Tomatoes...

Tomatoes or Tomatos???

McDonald's Cans Tomatoes Over Health Scare, Salmonella Cases In At Least 16 States Leads Restaurant To Stop Serving Sliced Tomatoes - CBS News

McDonald's Cans Tomatoes Over Health Scare
Salmonella Cases In At Least 16 States Leads Restaurant To Stop Serving Sliced Tomatoes

Tomato Salmonella Scare
A salmonella outbreak has raw tomatoes being pulled from supermarkets, restaurants and fast food chains across the nation. Kathryn Brown reports |

Tomato Salmonella Scare (1:36)
FDA Warns Against Tomatoes (2:26) More Videos

Stories
Tomatoes Linked To Salmonella Outbreak
CDC: U.S. Food Safety Hasn't Improved

(CBS/ AP) McDonald's says it has stopped serving sliced tomatoes in its restaurants over concerns about Salmonella food poisoning linked to uncooked tomatoes.

Spokeswoman Danya Proud said Monday the world's largest hamburger chain has stopped serving sliced tomatoes on all of its sandwiches in the United States as a precaution until the source of the salmonella is known.

Proud says McDonald's will continue to serve grape tomatoes in its salads because no problems have been linked to that variety.

The source of the tomatoes responsible for the illnesses in at least 16 states has not been pinpointed. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said at least 23 people have been hospitalized, and no deaths have been reported.

Investigations by the Texas and New Mexico Departments of Health and the U.S. Indian Health Service have tied 56 cases in Texas and 55 in New Mexico to raw, uncooked, tomatoes.

"We're seeing a steady increase," Deborah Busemeyer, New Mexico Department of Health communications director, said Saturday.

An additional 50 people have been sickened by the same Salmonella "Saintpaul" infection in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Utah, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin, the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported.

Investigators are trying to determine if raw tomatoes also are responsible for the illnesses in those states, said Arleen Porcell, a CDC spokeswoman.

In response to the problem, the FDA has issued a tomato warning to consumers in all 50 states, reports CBS News correspondent Nancy Cordes.

The rarity of the Saintpaul strain and the number of illnesses "suggest that implicated tomatoes are distributed throughout the country," she said.

Interviews conducted with 73 people found the illnesses began between April 16 and May 27, Porcell said.

Salmonella is a bacteria that lives in the intestinal tracts of humans and other animals. It usually is transmitted to humans by eating food contaminated with animal feces.

Most infected people suffer fever, diarrhea and abdominal cramps starting 12 to 72 hours after infection. The illness tends to last four to seven days. Many people recover without treatment, but severe infection and death is possible.

---------------------------

YUH THINK??

Mexico or other Foreign produce YET AGAIN? because of FREE TRADE AND OPEN BORDERS GLOBALISM??? NO safety inspections.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Killer Tomatoes...

Don't think anyone has died from the salmonella tomatoes, so you're thread title is MISLEADING????
Old 06-12-2008, 09:15 PM

CDC: Salmonella-tainted tomato illnesses reach 228 - Yahoo! News

CDC: Salmonella-tainted tomato illnesses reach 228
By LAURAN NEERGAARD, AP Medical Writer
2 hours, 43 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - The toll from salmonella-tainted tomatoes jumped to 228 illnesses Thursday as the government learned of five dozen previously unknown cases and said it is possible the food poisoning contributed to a cancer patient's death.

Six more states Florida, Georgia, Missouri, New York, Tennessee and Vermont reported illnesses related to the outbreak, bringing the number of affected states to 23.

The Food and Drug Administration has not pinpointed the source of the outbreak. With the latest known illness striking on June 1, officials also are not sure if all the tainted tomatoes are off the market.

"As long as we are continuing to see new cases come on board, it is a concern that there are still contaminated tomatoes out there," said the agency's food safety chief, Dr. David Acheson.

Government officials have said all week they were close to cracking the case, but "maybe we were being too optimistic," Acheson acknowledged.

How much longer? "That's impossible to say."

On the do-not-eat list are raw red plum, red Roma or red round tomatoes, unless they were grown in specific states or countries that the FDA has cleared because they were not harvesting when the outbreak began or were not selling their tomatoes in places where people got sick.

The FDA is directing consumers to its Web site U S Food and Drug Administration Home Page for updated lists of the safe regions.

Also safe are grape tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and tomatoes sold with the vine still attached. That is not because there is anything biologically safer about those with a vine but because the sick have assured investigators that is not the kind of tomato they ate.

What if you did not go to the store armed with a list, or the store or restaurant manager cannot assure that any plum, Roma or round tomatoes came from safe regions?

"If you don't know, don't take the risk," Acheson said.

Cooking also kills salmonella, but the FDA is not formally advising people to cook suspect tomatoes for fear they will not get them heated thoroughly.

Mexico and parts of central Florida, two chief tomato suppliers, are still on FDA's suspect list. But the agency would not say they were top suspects, and in fact, said certain parts of Mexico that were not harvesting when the outbreak began are working to be cleared.

At least 25 people have been hospitalized during the outbreak, caused by a relatively rare strain of salmonella known as Saintpaul.

"At this point, there isn't a lot of data to suggest this is a more virulent strain," said Dr. Ian Williams of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

No deaths have been attributed to the salmonella. But the CDC for the first time Thursday acknowledged that the salmonella may have been a contributing factor in the cancer-caused death of a 67-year-old Texas man.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Illuminati Assasinator

I think it is possible that the tomatoes were intentionally introduced to the salmonella strain as part of an effort by companies producing GM fruits and vegetables to scare off the public from eating natural organic produce. I believe this was the same reason for the tainted spinach a couple years ago.
Just My Opinion
Old 06-18-2008, 08:41 PM

383 Cases thus far.

CDC counts 383 salmonella cases from tomatoes - Yahoo! News
Old 06-25-2008, 09:29 PM

Ok. slow the hell down folks. What happened was there were some cases in Texas of tomatoes giving people salmonella. I work in a restraunt and i heard about it pretty quick. Guys THEY WERE BAD TOMATOES! If a freakin plane crashes in my front yard and 65 people die, im not going to assume it was some black op to kill my family or some bullshit. THEY WERE BAD TOMATOES! And further more i think all tomatoes are bad. Tomatoes suck.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cause and Defect View Post
Ok. slow the hell down folks. What happened was there were some cases in Texas of tomatoes giving people salmonella. I work in a restraunt and i heard about it pretty quick. Guys THEY WERE BAD TOMATOES! If a freakin plane crashes in my front yard and 65 people die, im not going to assume it was some black op to kill my family or some bullshit. THEY WERE BAD TOMATOES! And further more i think all tomatoes are bad. Tomatoes suck.
This was a news story posted by RedRat in which he referred to the "tainted" tomatoes as KILLER TOMATOES.

I advised him that his thread title was inappropriate as there were no deaths from the salmonella tomatoes.

Going forward, it continued as a "news update" and should not be construed that my belief is that this was some government sponsored black operation.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:24 PM

US checks if tomatoes caused salmonella outbreak:

US checks if tomatoes caused Salmonella outbreak - Yahoo! News
Old 07-02-2008, 09:14 AM

no ! Redtrat is not missleading you !

thousandsof thousands of toms have been pulled off shelves in uk , spain and a few other countries . it is old news to us . but make no mistake ,slamonela is a food poison and even exists in our own stomache , i will agree anyone that says they have not hured of poisoning bye tomatoes , me niether , but , shops dont pull off thousands of toms because just because some one says !

i will side with redrat here ! all redrat was doing , was telling you , so that you dont pop your cloggs someday , thats all .

blue angel ? we have had this in the uk !

please dont chastise redrat for giving info , its what the NWO does . decharactorisation of poeple who tell news .

im not trying to start a talk fight ,especially since im a new kid on the block , but it is terranical of anyone who wants to expell a thread just because they havent hured of something .

yes a few bad ones here and there , but it only takes 1 bad one to spead the desease .
the rest is hostory .

i feel that toms were not the issue here .

keep it clean guys . we are all here for a good reason . to find the truth . the truth or any issue , will never be totall understaood unless it is raised bye those who see something wrong . and it is upon these issues we trial , we compare notes , evidance , to come to a clean conclusion about what is real and what is not .

good thread redrat . our shelves are now full again and i will agree with caurs and affect . toms suck . and ayway , they also have the same chemicals as nicoteen in sigarettes .

its no wonder many poeple love them .

Last edited by ice : 07-02-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:30 AM

To clarify.

A request was not made to REMOVE this thread.

It was pointed out that the tomatoes had not killed anyone and, therefore, the title was misleading.

The present news is that the FDA does not believe that tomatoes were the cause of the salmonella outbreak.