Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > What is really going on?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2008, 02:55 PM

Default Re: "Let them eat cake!!!"

The spud has lost that nutrition due to "enhanced" farming methods. Growing them too fast in nutrient depleted soil, basically. Also, all of your food is irradiated before hitting the store shelves, further depleting the nutrients.

The larger portion sizes really is a double-edged sword. Partly how I presented it, and partly how you presented it as well. Your point there is valid. But even if you stuff yourself eating far more than you normally would, you will still be hungry soon after. One breakfast sammich from a fast food joint can have all the fat and calories you should have for the entire day, but I'm sure you will be hungry again in an hour or two after eating it.

Fast food is the worst, but our entire food supply is in jeopardy at this point, and we are all being forced in the fast food syndrome. Myself for example, I know better, yet I am left with fast food as an only option for many various reasons quite often.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackinthebox View Post
The spud has lost that nutrition due to "enhanced" farming methods. Growing them too fast in nutrient depleted soil, basically. Also, all of your food is irradiated before hitting the store shelves, further depleting the nutrients.

The larger portion sizes really is a double-edged sword. Partly how I presented it, and partly how you presented it as well. Your point there is valid. But even if you stuff yourself eating far more than you normally would, you will still be hungry soon after. One breakfast sammich from a fast food joint can have all the fat and calories you should have for the entire day, but I'm sure you will be hungry again in an hour or two after eating it.

Fast food is the worst, but our entire food supply is in jeopardy at this point, and we are all being forced in the fast food syndrome. Myself for example, I know better, yet I am left with fast food as an only option for many various reasons quite often.
I like to shop at Whole Foods where the food isn't irradiated; however, it can be quite expensive.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:45 PM

How can you be sure it is not irradiated before transport?

http://www.hi-tm.com/Documents/Irrad-3.gif

And even if you are right, this only goes to prove that this insidious conspiracy is aimed more directly at the poor.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:51 PM

I trust my market and never see that symbol.

Anyway, as far as the poor; the less fortunate always have it far worse than the rest of us and, unfortunately, they are easy targets for the predators.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 12-01-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:59 AM

You won't see that symbol anywhere on the sales floor. Your best bet is to go into the back room and look at the boxes right off the truck if you hope to find it. They actually throw produce in different boxes when they bring it out to stock the sales floor.

Yes, the poor do always get the shaft. But what many Americans today are slowly waking up to in this economy, is that the poor are the canary in the coalmine. The middle class is finished now, and even the upper middle class is beginning to have the chair kicked out from under them.

EDIT to add: Also keep in mind that it is not the store that does the irradiating either.

Last edited by Jackinthebox : 12-02-2008 at 12:05 PM.