Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Club Conspiracy Community > Introduce Yourself!
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2008, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Getting to know you ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgroovy View Post
I think since the site has had some ownership and formatting changes some posts got lost. In the past it looks like you could post on CC without registering (Hence the "Guests"). I think once that got turned off, posters who aren't members had their names mostly changed to Guest and that's why things look different or are missing.
Thanks for that.

Question.

Some of the Yahoo New's links I provided on my Obama thread are no longer available.

Do you know if this is standard procedure with Yahoo News?

I haven't checked other threads with links, but if this is standard procedure by Yahoo News, I suppose I'll have to copy and paste the entire article heretofore.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:50 PM
workin' for the man

Send a message via AIM to justgroovy

Well I'm going to guess that yahoo moves their articles around a lot, sometimes articles include something called a "permalink" which means that one url will always be associated with that particular article, even if the url you used to get there doesn't match it.

Feel free to post the entire article if you'd like though =)
Old 12-18-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Well I'm going to guess that yahoo moves their articles around a lot, sometimes articles include something called a "permalink" which means that one url will always be associated with that particular article, even if the url you used to get there doesn't match it.

Feel free to post the entire article if you'd like though =)
That's a drag.

Inasmuch as my comments, many times, are in response to the links I provide and some of them are no longer available.

Thanks for your response.

P.S. I never heard of a Tofurkey until you mentioned it on your Thanksgiving thread.

I have been eating TOFU for 25 years.

I find it tasteless, so I spice it up alot and cook it until it is almost burned.

We put the slices on a bun with sauteed mushrooms, onions, sliced pickles and mustard.

My kids love it.

I was at Trader Joe's the other day and came across a Tofurkey.

I'm curious as to what this Tofurkey is going to taste like.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:17 PM
workin' for the man

Send a message via AIM to justgroovy

If you all eat plain tofu then you might like tofurkey. The taste does vary depending on what you baste it with, I think they recommend soy sauce, olive oil and some herbs. It has stuffing in the middle of it that is pretty decent as well (although I love stuffing so much that I always make a whole bag of it). Also if you get the tofurkey, pick up an extra gravy (unless you are less lazy than I am and make your own ).

We might pick up one for our Xmas Dinner, although I have a great recipe for baked macaroni and cheese around here somewhere...
Old 12-18-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
If you all eat plain tofu then you might like tofurkey. The taste does vary depending on what you baste it with, I think they recommend soy sauce, olive oil and some herbs. It has stuffing in the middle of it that is pretty decent as well (although I love stuffing so much that I always make a whole bag of it). Also if you get the tofurkey, pick up an extra gravy (unless you are less lazy than I am and make your own ).

We might pick up one for our Xmas Dinner, although I have a great recipe for baked macaroni and cheese around here somewhere...
I did buy the tofurkey and thanks for the tip about the gravy because we like alot of it and we do love stuffing, too.

I buy the gravy packets from Whole Foods; add water and cook until thickened.

Pretty simple.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 12-18-2008 at 09:19 PM.