Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Science
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2009, 07:56 AM

Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Where is your front lawn located
On January 28th, 1986 it was located about 16-17 miles west of the launch pad. Now I live a couple hours away.
Quote:
and how is it that one of your family members were able to retain a piece of the Space Shuttle debris that was recovered from the ocean floor after it exploded in mid-air in the early 1980's?
Parts of challenger are still out there on the ocean floor today (though my family member picked up the piece he found years ago).
CNN - Shuttle Challenger debris washes up on shore - Dec. 17, 1996
The wreckage was never fully recovered, that would be impossible, it's just too scattered.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronut View Post
On January 28th, 1986 it was located about 16-17 miles west of the launch pad. Now I live a couple hours away.

Parts of challenger are still out there on the ocean floor today (though my family member picked up the piece he found years ago).
CNN - Shuttle Challenger debris washes up on shore - Dec. 17, 1996
The wreckage was never fully recovered, that would be impossible, it's just too scattered.
So, your family member who picked up a piece of the Space Shuttle debris is one of the persons in the article you posted?

If not, how did he find the piece that he picked up years ago?

Obviously, it would be impossible to fully recover every piece of the Shuttle that exploded.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 08-07-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:16 PM

Couldn’t find an appropriate image on the internet but photos in a book I have seem to reveal polished metal surfaces on the ISS. And then there are also the static solar panels the glass surfaces of which would tend to cause ‘flares’.

I just love those NASA photos of the ISS supposedly in orbit with that studio quality lighting.

When you see those astronauts somersaulting inside these space modules in what is effectively zero gravity (can be reproduced in 30 second bursts by an aircraft doing a parabolic nose-dive), has it never struck anyone that it would have been exceptionally dangerous performing such manoeuvres surrounded by the myriad of switches, buttons, dials and loose wiring that is found on the inner walls of these capsules?

One classic piece of film from space history shows a chap running around the inside of a cylindrical module in zero ’g’. The centrifugal force produced by his running keeps his feet firmly on the capsule’s curving walls as he runs in a perpetual loop-the-loop. But would such a thing have been possible? I doubt even the finest circus acrobat in the world would have been able to achieve such a thing. What is more likely is that the cylindrical capsule was actually revolving back down on the Earth with the camera bolted to its wall and with the man running forward to avoid falling over as the cylinder rotated.

But what I find most humorous of all are the laboratory mice in zero ‘g’. Surely that would have counted as animal cruelty? I mean what can a mouse do in zero ‘g’ apart from float around inside its cage and what about the mess.......?
Old 08-09-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronut View Post
Though I lived much further away, I can attest that the plume is highly visible and night launches are nothing short of spectacular. I actually went to the cape on another occassion to get closer look, where you can actually see the beast on the pad, but alas the flight was delayed that day .

Astronut you've done an admirable job but I think BlueAngel may be right about the thread in general, there is no amount of evidense, logic or reason that gale will accept. It's a religious belief for him now and unassailable by any arts you posses. Soon the shape shifting reptilians will be coming out and they are nasty.

cheers!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
So, your family member who picked up a piece of the Space Shuttle debris is one of the persons in the article you posted?
No, the article is just an example of how much is still out there. My family member made his living diving for lobsters on the ocean floor just off the coast of the space center. He came across a piece of the orbiter one day while he was working, and brought a piece of it back with him to the surface. He didn't tell anyone he did so, obviously, as it was illegal to keep it.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexander View Post
(can be reproduced in 30 second bursts by an aircraft doing a parabolic nose-dive),
Thanks for admitting the 30 second limitation; that would make those long and boring zero g press talks on orbit impossible to fake, wouldn't it? I've seen some last for a half hour or more on NASA TV without any breaks or cuts from camera to camera. Can't do that on earth, at all.
Quote:
has it never struck anyone that it would have been exceptionally dangerous performing such manoeuvres surrounded by the myriad of switches, buttons, dials and loose wiring that is found on the inner walls of these capsules?
Most buttons and switches do nothing irreversable, and the rest must be flipped in a specific order to do anything important. The most critical switches are kept under flip up protectors and located well away from any flipping astronauts; that's why they only tend to goof off on the mid deck, not the flight deck. ISS is a different kind of animal, and most wiring goes to peripherals like microphones, laptops, and cameras. Space station control is largely done on those computers as well, and it's not like you're going to accidentally type your way to your grave in bumping it.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR0ND View Post
Astronut you've done an admirable job but I think BlueAngel may be right about the thread in general, there is no amount of evidense, logic or reason that gale will accept. It's a religious belief for him now and unassailable by any arts you posses. Soon the shape shifting reptilians will be coming out and they are nasty.

cheers!
Thanks! I agree, I'm pretty sure he can't be convinced, though I'd love to see his reaction when seeing the space station through the eyepiece of a telescope that's automatically tracking it. That would separate the trolls from the sincere. I enjoy learning his arguments, which is the main reason I continued to post this long; to find out everthing that can be thrown at me so that I can prepare myself against any argument the next time someone accuses me of faking my images or videos. I think this bone's been picked clean, but it's been fun.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:36 PM

Ah, Gale, kindly explain to the FORUM what the BENEFITS would be of a Space Shuttle and ISS hoax.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR0ND View Post
Why is GROND going on about shape-shifting repitilians if he is so rationally minded?

Or perhaps his remark is a rather poorly concealed threat. If there are any shape-shifting reptilians out there then they are likely to be Nazis in disguise. And GROND himself might have a problem with them one day if what has been going on eventually catches up with him also. At least I'm better prepared.

Quote:
Thanks for admitting the 30 second limitation; that would make those long and boring zero g press talks on orbit impossible to fake, wouldn't it? I've seen some last for a half hour or more on NASA TV without any breaks or cuts from camera to camera. Can't do that on earth, at all.
In my experience Astronut they either always cut to the interviewer or some cheap special effects have been used such as all being seated with brylcreem in their hair to make it look like its floating in zero 'g'.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Ah, Gale, kindly explain to the FORUM what the BENEFITS would be of a Space Shuttle and ISS hoax.
Yes! Great place to start. For what purpose? Don't just talk about the billions of dollars. You could perform other, simpler hoaxes to get billions of dollars. Simpler hoaxes that could not be discovered and the plot revealed by a dude with a telescope out in his back yard.