Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Science
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 10-08-2009, 09:47 PM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Thumbs down Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!


Is a cheesy ad hominem all that you have? To answer your question, my dad was the head engineer on the Manned Maneuvering Unit used by shuttle astronauts during spacewalks. And I got my EE from the University of Maryland, so yes...I am one of those dreaded scientists you all fear. However, the basic principles of rocketry and spaceflight can be understood by anyone capable of reading. Even my 10 year old neice gets it, so you hardly have to be a "Rocket Scientist".

What do rocket scientists say in stead of "Its not ROcket Science!"?


"Its not like getting a girl!"

Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 10-08-2009, 10:01 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,912
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Is a cheesy ad hominem all that you have? To answer your question, my dad was the head engineer on the Manned Maneuvering Unit used by shuttle astronauts during spacewalks. And I got my EE from the University of Maryland, so yes...I am one of those dreaded scientists you all fear. However, the basic principles of rocketry and spaceflight can be understood by anyone capable of reading. Even my 10 year old neice gets it, so you hardly have to be a "Rocket Scientist".

What do rocket scientists say in stead of "Its not ROcket Science!"?


"Its not like getting a girl!"
No one fears you.

As I said:

I'm so thankful for the many ROCKET SCIENTISTS who post on this forum.

From where have you and STOMPK attained your degrees and for whom do you presently work?

NASA?

Try posting in white.

It's much easier to read.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 10-08-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 10-08-2009, 10:07 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,912
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

You have a degree in "Electrical Engineering?"
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 10-09-2009, 08:13 AM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Talking Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Yes. So? What degree gives you such authority to criticize the easily understood principles of rocketry and spaceflight?
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 10-09-2009, 12:36 PM
galexander galexander is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bucks, UK
Posts: 405
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blee View Post
Astronaut nice pics of the ISS...way cool. Got to get me one of those telescopes one day.

galexander using the flat earth society is not the best resource. Do you think the earth is flat? I just have to ask.
To answer your question Mr Blee, no I do not believe the Earth is flat, but sometimes it feels like it might just as well be.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 10-09-2009, 09:17 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,912
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Yes. So? What degree gives you such authority to criticize the easily understood principles of rocketry and spaceflight?
Sorry to break the news to you, but a degree in Electrical Engineering doesn't quality you as a ROCKET SCIENTIST.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 10-09-2009, 09:28 PM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Nor does it qualify me as a virologist, yet I can read the science and understand it just the same. You might want to pull out your high school physics book if you need an explanation of how rockets actually work.

Oh, and as I said, my father was a rocket scientist and I grew up with the principles of aerospace engineering all around me. In fact, when I was a little kid I held the sample scoop that is currently atttached to the Viking II on Mars. So I do know just a little bit more than the average person.

Books: not just for use as doorstops anymore!
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 10-09-2009, 09:38 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,912
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Nor does it qualify me as a virologist, yet I can read the science and understand it just the same. You might want to pull out your high school physics book if you need an explanation of how rockets actually work.

Oh, and as I said, my father was a rocket scientist and I grew up with the principles of aerospace engineering all around me. In fact, when I was a little kid I held the sample scoop that is currently atttached to the Viking II on Mars. So I do know just a little bit more than the average person.

Books: not just for use as doorstops anymore!
My husband has a BFA degree and I've been married to him for 27 years.

Does this mean that I now possess the same degree?

Reading books about physics doesn't qualify one as a ROCKET SCIENTIST, either.

What is the Viking II on Mars?

Last edited by BlueAngel : 10-09-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 10-09-2009, 09:51 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,912
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Viking 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think the scope is still currently attached.

Seems you are not living in the present, EE.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 10-09-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 10-09-2009, 09:51 PM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

LOL. You do know that just by being online you have access to Google, right? So why ask such silly questions? I notice that you like saying that only a rocket scientist can understand aerospace, but yet still think that you, a non scientist of any type, can refute it. That is called the argument from ignorance fallacy if I am not mistaken?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.