Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-09-2009, 08:42 PM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Default Re: Mercury In Amalgams and Vaccinations - Genocide In North America


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye-Kon View Post
Your kind of missing the point man. Sure the actual disease autism might be a genetic condition with unidentified enviromental trigger but alot of the time children who are adversly effected by mercury are just diagnosed as being autistic when they would be perfectly fine if they were never bombarded with mercury. Oh and by the way, I don't think the bi-polar rates are going up what so ever.. so that just debunks your theory.
I love it when people say "I think" and expect you to take it as "It is". But anyway..... Yes, in fact the number of cases of various mental diseases, including bi-polar, ADHD, autism, Asbergers, and others is going up due to the improvements made in diagnosis and prevention as well as the decrease in stigma over suffering from a mental disorder.

Researchers from the state California Department of Public Health found the autism rate in children rose continuously during the 12-year study period from 1995 to 2007. The preservative thimerosal has not been used in childhood vaccines since 2001, but it is used in some flu shots.
Doctors say the latest study adds to existing evidence refuting a link between thimerosal exposure and autism risk and should reassure parents that the disorder is not caused by vaccinations. If there was a risk, they said, autism rates should have dropped between 2004 and 2007.
The findings show "no evidence of mercury poisoning in autism" since there was no decline in autism rates even after the elimination of thimerosal, said Dr. Eric Fombonne, an autism researcher at Montreal Children's Hospital who had no role in the research.
Some advocacy groups blame thimerosal for the impaired social interaction typical of autism. Nearly 5,000 claims alleging a vaccine-autism link have been lodged with the U.S. government, which is deciding whether victims should receive compensation from a government fund.


And dont even think to resort to the Special Pleading logical falacy by saying that this study was just a part of the conspiricy to keep mercury in our kids.

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-09-2009, 08:57 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: Mercury In Amalgams and Vaccinations - Genocide In North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Yes, in fact the number of cases of various mental diseases, including bi-polar, ADHD, autism, Asbergers, and others is going up due to the improvements made in diagnosis and prevention as well as the decrease in stigma over suffering from a mental disorder.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

HUH?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-09-2009, 09:34 PM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Lightbulb Re: Mercury In Amalgams and Vaccinations - Genocide In North America

Its not hard to understand. Simply pointing out that an increased rate of diagnosis need not be caused by some external factor. Often the increase is due to the process of diagnosis being refined. There are other factors to take into account. Take cancer for example. A substantial reason cancer cases went up during the 20th century was that people were living long enough to actually get cancer. In past centuries they would have died from any number of causes now eliminated my medicine and technology. However many truthers tried to correlate this with "environmental concerns" or "non organic foods" In medicine, if you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebras.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-09-2009, 09:47 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: Mercury In Amalgams and Vaccinations - Genocide In North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Its not hard to understand. Simply pointing out that an increased rate of diagnosis need not be caused by some external factor. Often the increase is due to the process of diagnosis being refined. There are other factors to take into account. Take cancer for example. A substantial reason cancer cases went up during the 20th century was that people were living long enough to actually get cancer. In past centuries they would have died from any number of causes now eliminated my medicine and technology. However many truthers tried to correlate this with "environmental concerns" or "non organic foods" In medicine, if you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebras.
Did you NOT read the post you made to which I responded, "HUH?" and realize the contradiction contained within?

Obviously not.

Again.

To your latest post.

HUH?

FYI, we don't like reading blah, blah and more blah on this forum.

However, you deserve an "E" for EFFORT.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 10-09-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-09-2009, 09:49 PM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Thumbs down Re: Mercury In Amalgams and Vaccinations - Genocide In North America

What part of it is giving you the most trouble understanding?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-09-2009, 09:50 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: Mercury In Amalgams and Vaccinations - Genocide In North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
What part of it is giving you the most trouble understanding?
ALL of IT because NONE of IT makes ANY sense.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-09-2009, 09:51 PM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Default Re: Mercury In Amalgams and Vaccinations - Genocide In North America

Oh and if you cant read a simple paragraphs worth of information then I truly do understand why you believe in conspiracies. They give simple answers to complex issues....but generally the wrong answers.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-09-2009, 09:54 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: Mercury In Amalgams and Vaccinations - Genocide In North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Oh and if you cant read a simple paragraphs worth of information then I truly do understand why you believe in conspiracies. They give simple answers to complex issues....but generally the wrong answers.
I can read complex paragraphs that address simple questions and provide a wealth of information that address conspiracies with the wrong answers and point out their fallacies without getting lost in the blah, blah and more blah.

It's one of my most VALUED attributes/assets.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 10-09-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-09-2009, 09:55 PM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Default Re: Mercury In Amalgams and Vaccinations - Genocide In North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
ALL of IT because NONE of IT makes ANY sense.
Its really not that hard. Vaccine deniers and the mercury causes autism crowd used to point to Thimerisol as causing the increase in rates of autism, when this was in fact an artifact of improved diagnosis. And even when Thimerisol was removed, there was no drop in the number of cases.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-09-2009, 10:00 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: Mercury In Amalgams and Vaccinations - Genocide In North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Its really not that hard. Vaccine deniers and the mercury causes autism crowd used to point to Thimerisol as causing the increase in rates of autism, when this was in fact an artifact of improved diagnosis. And even when Thimerisol was removed, there was no drop in the number of cases.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.