Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Science
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old 10-09-2009, 09:51 PM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!


LOL. You do know that just by being online you have access to Google, right? So why ask such silly questions? I notice that you like saying that only a rocket scientist can understand aerospace, but yet still think that you, a non scientist of any type, can refute it. That is called the argument from ignorance fallacy if I am not mistaken?

Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 10-09-2009, 10:00 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
LOL. You do know that just by being online you have access to Google, right? So why ask such silly questions? I notice that you like saying that only a rocket scientist can understand aerospace, but yet still think that you, a non scientist of any type, can refute it. That is called the argument from ignorance fallacy if I am not mistaken?
Really.

By being on-line, I have access to GOOGLE.

Thanks for enlightening me.

You've just opened up a whole new world.

Silly questions?

I think not.

Only silly to you because you CANNOT answer them.

According to you, your father was a Rocket Scientist and you held the scope that is CURRENTLY attached to the Viking II that is on Mars PRESENTLY and because I inquired as to what the Viking II is, you consider this to be a silly question.

Your inability to answer is silly.

I, and anyone else, can refute anything you propose to know when representing yourself as a ROCKET SCIENTIST because you are not.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 10-09-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 10-09-2009, 10:18 PM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

I never did say I was a rocket scientist. That was something you said trying to set up a straw man argument. What I did indicate was that I have a descent understanding of rocketry in general, and the operations of the space shuttle in particular. Aerospace has been a keen interest of mine since childhood, and I dare say I have picked up quite a bit of knowledge of it over the years. And as of yet I have not seen you refute the assertion that a rocket generates thrust not by pushing against air, but through the explosive ejection of matter. I also posited the mechanism for how the shuttle maneuvers in space. Both of these principles are covered in any BASIC Physics textbook, so its not exactly arcane knowledge only held by Von Braun acolytes. Go ahead and refute these if you like, but dont resort to ad hominem or strawman arguments

As for the Viking II, the Viking program sent 2 orbiters and 2 landers in the 1970s to Mars and conducted the first search for life there (hence the sample scoop).
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 10-09-2009, 10:32 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
I never did say I was a rocket scientist. That was something you said trying to set up a straw man argument. What I did indicate was that I have a descent understanding of rocketry in general, and the operations of the space shuttle in particular. Aerospace has been a keen interest of mine since childhood, and I dare say I have picked up quite a bit of knowledge of it over the years. And as of yet I have not seen you refute the assertion that a rocket generates thrust not by pushing against air, but through the explosive ejection of matter. I also posited the mechanism for how the shuttle maneuvers in space. Both of these principles are covered in any BASIC Physics textbook, so its not exactly arcane knowledge only held by Von Braun acolytes. Go ahead and refute these if you like, but dont resort to ad hominem or strawman arguments

As for the Viking II, the Viking program sent 2 orbiters and 2 landers in the 1970s to Mars and conducted the first search for life there (hence the sample scoop).
I never set-up anything as a straw-man argument.

You have presented yourself as a ROCKET SCIENTIST and you are not.

Anyone can possess the knowledge you propose to KNOW through the reading of books, but that wouldn't qualify them as ROCKET SCIENTISTS nor does it you either.

You indicated that the Viking II program currently exists.

I suggest you employ the use of GOOGLE or read the link I have provided about the Viking II program.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 10-09-2009, 10:33 PM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Scoop not scope.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 10-09-2009, 10:36 PM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
I never set-up anything as a straw-man argument.

You have presented yourself as a ROCKET SCIENTIST and you are not.

Anyone can posses the knowledge you propose to KNOW through the reading of books, but that wouldn't qualify them as ROCKET SCIENTISTS nor does it you either.

You indicated that the Viking II program currently exists.

I suggest you employ the use of GOOGLE or read the link I have provided about the Viking II program.
Point to the post where I said I was a rocket scientist please. And as I said, the Viking was one of the projects my dad worked on, as well as Voyager, the Shuttle, the MMU, and the Titan series rockets. You seem very confused, and its pretty funny.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 10-09-2009, 10:52 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Point to the post where I said I was a rocket scientist please. And as I said, the Viking was one of the projects my dad worked on, as well as Voyager, the Shuttle, the MMU, and the Titan series rockets. You seem very confused, and its pretty funny.
Sorry, but I wouldn't be the one who is confused.

That would be you.

You have represented yourself to be that which you are not because, according to you, your father was a ROCKET SCIENTIST and, apparently, you believe this qualifies you as the same.

It doesn't.

What kind of work did your father do on the Voyager, the Shuttle, the MMU and the Titan series rockets?

Was he employed at NASA?

Last edited by BlueAngel : 10-09-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 10-09-2009, 11:07 PM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

No, I never said it qualifies me as the same, but it defiantly gives me a better background than the average person. Plus, as I have repeatedly stated that any and all assertions that I made are covered in a high school physics text, it is irrelevant. I took high school physics (A- since you asked), so that qualifies me to speak on that. Just because someone isnt a specialist in a field does not mean they cant understand it.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 10-09-2009, 11:10 PM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Sorry, but I wouldn't be the one who is confused.

What kind of work did your father do on the Voyager, the Shuttle, the MMU and the Titan series rockets?

Was he employed at NASA?
Once again, if you did a quick Google search you would have found the commonality between all of those projects.
He was a senior aerospace engineer at Martin Marrietta for 38 years, just in case you cant alt-T and google it.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 10-09-2009, 11:24 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Once again, if you did a quick Google search you would have found the commonality between all of those projects.
He was a senior aerospace engineer at Martin Marrietta for 38 years, just in case you cant alt-T and google it.
I don't care that much about the commonality about these projects that I desire to spend my time researching them on the Internet.

It really isn't all the important to me.

I asked as to your father's profession and you answered.

Seriously, do you think if I GOOGLED Senior Space Engineer at Martin Marrietta for 38 years, your father's name would appear?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.