Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Alternate History
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009, 12:20 PM

Lightbulb Real Atlantis Story Suppressed?

I am an author who has explained the true origins of the Atlantis story in my book “Atlantis, the Origins of a Legend”. Despite the credibility of my new theory however none of the mainstream publishers will take it on and the press I have contacted regarding my new theory never reply. Instead we are treated to the endless piffle regarding sunken ruins being discovered off the coast of whatever. This has left me thinking this must be some kind of orchestrated cover up but I cannot work out exactly why this should be.

My theory goes that Plato’s account of the story is unreliable and that Diodorus’ account of the ‘Atlantians’ in Africa is far closer to the original. The word ‘Atlantis’ is most certainly derived from ‘Atlas’ and in Greek mythology Mount Atlas is situated in Africa. Diodorus goes on to tell us that it was actually a lake containing an inhabited island that disappeared during an earthquake and that the island was inhabited by Amazons and not their closest rivals the Atlantians, living at the base of Mount Atlas. Diodorus also tells us that it was the Amazons who defeated the Atlantians and then went on to challenge the might of the Greeks. This accords well with Greek mythology where the Amazons were said to have fought with the Greeks in Asia Minor and not the inhabitants of Atlantis as Plato claimed.

I managed to self-publish my book at some cost and despite much advertising very few copies have ever sold. Its available at Amazon Books (no pun intended!) if you want to read more or see my website at Atlantis, the Origin of a Legend.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:57 AM

Default Exopolics

I assumed the story was exopolitical, isn't it?
Old 10-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Woo Nemesis

Default Re: Real Atlantis Story Suppressed?

Atlantis was a plot device used by Plato to describe the "Perfect Society". Thats it. It never existed.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Atlantis was a plot device used by Plato to describe the "Perfect Society". Thats it. It never existed.
Before Plato, there were already many stories about highly advanced lost civilisations worldwide. Many believe Plato at some degree based his story on such a civilisation.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Woo Nemesis

Yes, but not one specifically named "Atlantis".
Old 10-22-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Yes, but not one specifically named "Atlantis".
Maybe not, but it's nevertheless the most common name given to the very concept of a lost civilisation next to "Mu", "Lemuria", "Hyperborea", "Eden" or "Thule". Although there are indications that's at least one unknown advanced society did exist in our very deep past, we don't have nearly enough information to know if these names refer to several real civilisation, one civilisation or if they were made-up. All we have are just bits and pieces of anarchronistic technology and confusing myths passed orally from generation to generation before they were ever written down.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Woo Nemesis

It is an anomaly, much like most cultures having a flood story.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
It is an anomaly, much like most cultures having a flood story.
What makes you so certain there wasn't a big flood mankind has been able to preserve in its tales by means of oral tradition for thousands of years. Wouldn't the end of the last ice age around 12500 years ago have caused a lot of giant floods all over the world? Couldn't it be possible humans could pass the knowledge of those floods for thousands of years without the written word? I don't know....... But is it impossible? I don't think so. Hell, can we even be certain there had never been any written language before 5000 years ago?
Old 10-23-2009, 04:51 AM

Atlantis Was A Fucking Space Port That Serviced Merchandise Shipments. They Sold Food And Rented Prostitutes From Nearby Earth. When It Fucking Exploded All The Ships Fucking Came To Fucking Earth And Made You Fucking Herd.

Fucking Got It Now?

The fucking space port was situated just outside of earth and not ON earth because it was too fucking expensive to burn the fucking fuel to escape its fucking gravitational fucking pull when you wanted to leave. So they built the fucking port in space. It fucking exploded because of terrorism.

Last edited by albie : 10-23-2009 at 04:54 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Woo Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by albie View Post
Atlantis Was A Fucking Space Port That Serviced Merchandise Shipments. They Sold Food And Rented Prostitutes From Nearby Earth. When It Fucking Exploded All The Ships Fucking Came To Fucking Earth And Made You Fucking Herd.

Fucking Got It Now?

The fucking space port was situated just outside of earth and not ON earth because it was too fucking expensive to burn the fucking fuel to escape its fucking gravitational fucking pull when you wanted to leave. So they built the fucking port in space. It fucking exploded because of terrorism.
You are a foul mouthed idiot.