Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Alternate History
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2009, 11:37 AM

Default What's the point of this forum section?

What's the point of this forum section? Why is there an "alternative history" section when there already is a "history" section? This is a "conspiracy" website, right? Aren't most threads in the "history" section already dealing with a version of history that's somewhat deviant from the mainstream view?!?

Old 10-24-2009, 01:19 AM

Default Re: What's the point of this forum section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
What's the point of this forum section? Why is there an "alternative history" section when there already is a "history" section? This is a "conspiracy" website, right? Aren't most threads in the "history" section already dealing with a version of history that's somewhat deviant from the mainstream view?!?
There is an existing HISTORY section on Club Conspiracy and an "ALTERNATE HISTORY" section has NOW been added to the forum.

I sssume you would know the difference between both since you are a member of a conspiracy forum.

Who cares if the existing HISTORY section already includes versions that are somewhat deviant from mainstream media.

They can now be separated accordingly.

I can't imagine why it would anger you so that the ADMINSTRATOR of this forum has found it prudent to add an "Alternative History" section to the forum.

Apparently, you don't adapt to change very well.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 10-24-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
There is an existing HISTORY section on Club Conspiracy and an "ALTERNATE HISTORY" section has NOW been added to the forum.

I sssume you would know the difference between both since you are a member of a conspiracy forum.
No, I don't know the different between both. That's why I started this thread. From a conspiratory point of view, "history" and "alternate history" seem to cover pretty much the same topics.

Quote:
Who cares if the existing HISTORY section already includes versions that are somewhat deviant from mainstream media.

They can now be separated accordingly.
I just see no reason to distinguish "history" from "alternate history" on a conspiracy forum, nor do I see any objective criteria on how to seperate both.

I can't imagine why it would anger you so that the ADMINSTRATOR of this forum has found it prudent to add an "Alternative History" section to the forum. In my opinion, seperating "history" and "alternate history" will only reduce the quality of this forum by decreasing the exposure of some topics.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Woo Nemesis

Quote:
No, I don't know the different between both. That's why I started this thread. From a conspiratory point of view, "history" and "alternate history" seem to cover pretty much the same topics.

I just see no reason to distinguish "history" from "alternate history" on a conspiracy forum, nor do I see any objective criteria on how to seperate both.

I can't imagine why it would anger you so that the ADMINSTRATOR of this forum has found it prudent to add an "Alternative History" section to the forum. In my opinion, seperating "history" and "alternate history" will only reduce the quality of this forum by decreasing the exposure of some topics.
Talk about splitting hairs, but this way there is a forum for those who want to discuss conventional history, and one for those who want to discuss theoretical or revisionist history. Its pretty basic.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Talk about splitting hairs, but this way there is a forum for those who want to discuss conventional history, and one for those who want to discuss theoretical or revisionist history. Its pretty basic.
Why seperate sections? It's not like there's so much activity on this forum that topics on conventional history are drowning in topics on revisionist history or something like that....

Further, I stick to my statement that a seperate forum for "alternate history" is just silly on a forum dedicated to conspiracies since the "conspiracy theorist"'s view of history is by default alternate to the mainstream account, whether this "conspiracy theorist" is of the David Icke kind, the Alex Jones kind, the Eric Hufschmid kind, the Texe Marrs kind or just someone who can read between the lines.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Why seperate sections? It's not like there's so much activity on this forum that topics on conventional history are drowning in topics on revisionist history or something like that....

Further, I stick to my statement that a seperate forum for "alternate history" is just silly on a forum dedicated to conspiracies since the "conspiracy theorist"'s view of history is by default alternate to the mainstream account, whether this "conspiracy theorist" is of the David Icke kind, the Alex Jones kind, the Eric Hufschmid kind, the Texe Marrs kind or just someone who can read between the lines.
Will have to agree that the ALTERNATE HISTORY forum does seem to be somewhat redundant.

That being said, not every conspiracy theorist rejects all written history as false and adopts only alternate history as fact.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 11-18-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Will have to agree that the ALTERNATE HISTORY forum does seem to be somewhat redundant.
If you're referring to "Alternate History" as in fictional history parallel to real history (eg. Nazis winning the WW2, the Iron Curtain still standing), then you would be right. However, this is not the way this sub-forum is currently used or described.

Quote:
That being said, not every conspiracy theorist rejects all written history as false and adopts only alternate history as fact.
Of course not, but accepted mainstream history is not really an suitable topic for a conspiracy forum.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
If you're referring to "Alternate History" as in fictional history parallel to real history (eg. Nazis winning the WW2, the Iron Curtain still standing), then you would be right. However, this is not the way this sub-forum is currently used or described.

Of course not, but accepted mainstream history is not really an suitable topic for a conspiracy forum.
Incredible.

I agreed with you and thought that would put an end to it.

Obviously not.

You still want to continue to find a reason to argue over the pertinence of a sub-forum that was newly created.

Sorry, but I can't engage you.

I've got better things to do.

Some people like to argue over the most unimportant matters just so they can feel as if they're proving themselves right to themselves.

Lack of self-esteem, I suppose.

Here.

How's this?

You're right and I'm wrong.

There.

No more argument.

End of discussion.

Now what will you do?

Argue with yourself?

Last edited by BlueAngel : 11-19-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:36 AM

* yawn *
Old 11-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Banned

This is an interesting discussion going on and I love to read it again.