Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2009, 02:21 AM
Woo Nemesis

Default Re: 1918 Spanish Flu a Biological Warfare Agent?

You dont even know what superscript is do you?

Old 10-31-2009, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
You dont even know what superscript is do you?
Obviously, you don't since you had to inquire about it.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:57 AM
Woo Nemesis

LOL....superscript is when a character is typed in a smaller font just above the other text. Subscript is when this smaller type appears below the main text. This Sanjay cat obviously didnt bother getting a decent forum package because even the 2012ers have the capability.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
You do realize there was no such thing as the CIA then?
Thank you EireEngineer. I am quite aware that the CIA did not exist in 1918 but did Fahrenheit 912 who said the following:

Quote:
The US Army has its own intelligence department, separate from the CIA. Although they usually coordinate their activities and share information, I can see why the US Army wouldn't necessarily want to admit to a blunder of this magnitude - even to a sister intelligence agency...
The point is if the Nazi secret police knew about US use of biological weapons during WWI then the CIA would have known about it as well. As I have said the CIA would have been in on the cover up.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:38 PM
Woo Nemesis

Thats true. Impossible to prove but true.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:58 PM

Whoa... guys...chill out!!! Some of you have been going at it most of the night, I see. Nothing is that important...., nothing worth getting that worked up about.... Have a beer..., hell..., have two beers. Kick back in that easy chair. Click your heels together three times and recite THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME. THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME. Soon you'll be back in Kansas with Toto and Auntie Em. Try it..., it really works!!!

OK, you're feeling better already, aren't you???

Now that we're all nice and relaxed, let's try and sort through things: The CIA came into being in 1947. It was a direct offshoot of the OSS (Office of Strategic Services). We're all in agreement ??? Good! The OSS came into being during WWII to coordinate the activities of the various military intelligence agencies (ie. Army Intelligence, Naval Intelligence). We're still in agreement??? Just checking... Now focus on the word "coordinate." Army Intelligence was a completely separate entity in its own right, and wouldn't necessarily share any of its information with any other internal intelligence organization. Particularly, I cannot see Army Intelligence sharing information on such grave, incriminating matters involving a previous historical war. But you see, neither the OSS or the CIA were in existance during WWI. This is an important point..., take notes.

In 1948, during a CIA interrogation, Heinrich Mueller related a story told to him by a certain Dr. Walter Schreiber during a bacteriological warfare conference in Berlin in 1944. Dr. Schreiber was head of the German Army Medical Corps, and in 1927, traveled to the US to meet with his American counterparts at a conference on germ warfare. At this conference, his American counterparts admitted their culpability in the Spanish Influenza outbreak of 1918. Spanish Influenza was intended to decimate the ranks of the German Army, but the German Army had already surrendered, and the disease came back on the American troops, who were then re-stationed back in the US at the end of the war...The disease first started appearing in very isolated areas, and then spread and evolved into one of the worst pandemics in human history.

We would then come to the issue of documentation. Dr. Makow says that Mueller"s historical papers, which were quite voluminous (850,000 pages) were retrieved through the Freedom of Information Act. Who actually retrieved these documents is left somewhat vague by Makow, or my recollection may be somewhat limited. In any event, minor point... The main issue is that Makow says he reviewed these documents at the National Archives, and found them to be of considerable scholarly content. And the shere voluminous nature of this kind of scholarly documentation points far away from any type of forgery...

That would finally lead to the question: How and from whom were these supposedly secret papers obtained? Again, Makow is somewhat vague here. Makow says that Mueller's papers were left with a certain "Gregory Douglas." This name, according to Makow, is likely a pseudonym for Mueller's nephew, with whom he was known to have left his papers. How were these papers acquired from Mueller's nephew? Remember that Germany was under military occupation/rule and access to any archival information was unlimited by Allied forces. Or Mueller's nephew or family may have eventually released these important historical papers. In any event, they now apparently reside in the US National Archives (National Archives and Records Administration). In closing, I will repeat an excerpt from Dr. Makow's article, cited in an earlier thread:

Is Mueller credible? In my opinion he is. Gregory Douglas apparently is a pseudonym for his nephew with whom he left his papers. Normally a hoax would not run to thousands of pages. The Interrogation is 800 pages. The Memoirs are 250 pages. The microfilmed Archive apparently covers 850,000 pages. Finally, the material I have read is incredibly well informed, consistant and full of plausible revelations.

Mrs. Angel

I am deeply sorry to have ruffled your feathers ... this is ordinarily not my way.... You're a big girl. You can take it. It comes with the turf...

Wheeeew!!! I'm done...

Last edited by Fahrenheit 912 : 11-01-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrenheit 912 View Post
Dr. Schreiber was head of the German Army Medical Corps, and in 1927, traveled to the US to meet with his American counterparts at a conference on germ warfare. At this conference, his American counterparts admitted their culpability in the Spanish Influenza outbreak of 1918.[/left]
I accept that what you have raised Fahrenheit 912 is a quite credible story, at face value at least, and I am quite prepared to give credit where credit is due.

However I still have one or two reservations.

If I may.

Firstly if the American counterparts of Dr. Schreiber admitted to having released the Spanish Flu at a germ warfare conference then isn't that the same as making the information public? Of course if the information is made public then that means everyone else hears about it as well including, in theory at least, the CIA (eventually).

My second reservation is that all the documentation supporting this story goes back to just the one individual, Heinrich Mueller. How scholarly that documentation may be does not in any way necessarily reflect upon its authenticity.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexander View Post
I accept that what you have raised Fahrenheit 912 is a quite credible story, at face value at least, and I am quite prepared to give credit where credit is due.

However I still have one or two reservations.

If I may.

Firstly if the American counterparts of Dr. Schreiber admitted to having released the Spanish Flu at a germ warfare conference then isn't that the same as making the information public? Of course if the information is made public then that means everyone else hears about it as well including, in theory at least, the CIA (eventually).

My second reservation is that all the documentation supporting this story goes back to just the one individual, Heinrich Mueller. How scholarly that documentation may be does not in any way necessarily reflect upon its authenticity.

Thanks. I've just written my way through two children and a divorce... Your turn Mrs. Angel (shudders)....
Old 11-01-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
LOL....superscript is when a character is typed in a smaller font just above the other text. Subscript is when this smaller type appears below the main text. This Sanjay cat obviously didnt bother getting a decent forum package because even the 2012ers have the capability.
Does it somehow make you feel superior to me by pretending that I don't know what superscript is, but you do?

I've looked around and I don't think this forum has a feature for superscript.

If it does, I can't find it.

You might want to try your keyboard.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 11-01-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:40 PM

galexander said:

"The point is if the Nazi secret police knew about US use of biological weapons during WWI then the CIA would have known about it as well. As I have said the CIA would have been in on the cover up."

The point is that you are contradicting yourself.

Firstly, you say that the CIA didn't exist during WWI, which is correct and now you say that if the Nazi secret police knew about the US Army's use of biological weapons during WWI this would mean that the CIA would have known about it, as well, and been involved in the cover-up.

Secondly, you previously wondered aloud why it was necessary for the CIA to interrogate Muller wherein they obtained information about the Spanish Flu if they already knew about it.

But, you have acknowledged that the CIA did not exist during WWI.

I wonder if they water-boarded him?

Last edited by BlueAngel : 11-01-2009 at 09:45 PM.