Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Alternate History
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2009, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Real Atlantis Story Suppressed?

Quote:
It doesn't matter HOW they got from one place to the other. What matters, is that official historiography claims they DIDN'T (which shows that official historiography is wrong in this critical area). How hard is that to understand with that thick skull of yours?
OMG. Jumping to conclusions they call it. Bullshit, I call it. Just because something doesn't tally with what is presently known does not mean aliens had anything to do with it. Christ! Who makes a leap like that? I thought you were smart.

You are basically doing this:

"Oh! I thought I had more money than that in my bank account! The Aliens must have took it!"

It is now accepted that Columbus did not discover America. There is evidence of many other people getting there first, chiefly the American Indians! I suppose they flew there, did they?

There is nothing supernatural about people getting in boats and crossing large oceans. Get a grip.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:59 AM

>>It doesn't matter HOW they got from one place to the other.

Sweet lord. I think it DOES.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:02 AM

>>Anyway, criticism of a source is pointless without checking at least relevant excerpts of the source itself or criticism of the critic ("debunkers of the debunkers"). It is very easy and common to misrepresent oposing views by means of quote-mining and other techniques.

It is very easy to take a grey thing(The Tao) and another grey thing(Quantum physics) and compare them to fool gullible people.

It is very easy to form a conspiracy theory out of grey information. ALL conspiracy theories rely on ambiguity. FUNNY that.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:06 AM

>>The Egyptian, Tolmec and Roman structures are evidence of highly advanced stone building skills (no more, no less). Interesting is also that some of these advanced techniques (eg. binding huge blocks by means of metal pieces moulded on the spot) were used both in pre-Columbian South-America and in the "New World", which might suggest a mutual influence.

Yes, because there's no way idiot blackies could do stuff like this. Aliens, no doubt white Belgian speaking ones, told them how to do it.

How is moulded metal advanced? Anyone can do it with a fire and some clay and some metal ore.

Last edited by albie : 11-04-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albie View Post
Oh, so you already knew about the criticisms of your evidence? I bet not.
Do you really think this is the first time I'm having this discussion?!?

Quote:
I bet I could ask you to provide details of debunkery on any subject and you'd have to google it.
You assume too much.

My directly retrievable knowledge of "debunkery" depends on the topic as I've invested more time in some topics than others. For example, I can reference numerous examples regarding criticism of Holocaust revisionism (Himmler's Posen speech, the Einsatzgruppen coffin map, a few passages from the Goebbels diaries, ...), 9/11 (the NIST pancake theory, "pulling" meaning "evacuation" rather than "demolition" when Silverstein used it, claims that the structure of the WTC was only meant to take the impact of smaller planes, the lack of any direct links to CIA or Mossad, ...) or the domination of Jews over Western civilisation (Jews became bankers and thieves because they had no other option due to bigotry, most Jews are unaware of any anti-gentile agenda, many gentiles are also powerful and immoral, Jews and Jewish movements are ideologically diverse, ...) however I know only little about the "debunking" arguments regarding the murder of Kennedy or Roosevelt's explicit provocation of Pearl Harbor and would have to look up details in those cases.

Quote:
Quote:
They used skills that DIED OUT. We could easily relearn them and replicate them today.

Just like we could easily learn space travel, I guess.....
Where is the logic in this statement? It means nothing.
We are currently not capable of space travel (beyond earth orbit) because our current state of technology does not allow this in a safe, efficient and affordable way. Similarly, we're currently not capable of building some of the structures the ancients built (like the pyramids) because our current state of technology does not allow this in a safe, efficient and affordable way. Ignoring evidence of advanced stone building techniques is as silly as ignoring evidence of space travel as both imply advances in civilisation beyond our own.

Capice?!

Quote:
OMG. Jumping to conclusions they call it. Bullshit, I call it. Just because something doesn't tally with what is presently known does not mean aliens had anything to do with it.
Who's mentioning aliens? I never mentioned aliens at all. You're the one leaping to conclusions.

All I'm saying, is that the pre-Columbian presence of coca in Egypt and negroes in South-America is anarchronistic from the POV of the official historiography. All I'm doing, is looking with an open mind for an alternative to the official historiography that does explain this as well as other anomalies. The existence of a lost pre-Egyptian civilisation with highly advanced knowledge in fields like shipping, stone-carving, astronomy and theoretical physics (whether called "Atlantis", "Lemuria", "Hyperborea", "Shambala" or otherwise) is such an alternative that I'm considering as it not only explains these anomalies but also provides a different perspective on ancient mythology (eg. Gods and demi-gods being both symbols for natural occurances and references to ancient colonisers from this civilisation).

Quote:
It is now accepted that Columbus did not discover America. There is evidence of many other people getting there first, chiefly the American Indians! I suppose they flew there, did they?
To my knowledge, it is only accepted that Vikings set foot on the Americas a handful of times with their boats and that Mongoloid peoples once crossed the Bering strait from Asia to North-America when it was frozen. This by no means explains the presence of negroes in South-America or the presence of coca in ancient Egypt.

Quote:
There is nothing supernatural about people getting in boats and crossing large oceans. Get a grip.
You're the one who should get a grip. Where did I imply ANYTHING about this being supernatural?

Quote:
It is very easy to take a grey thing(The Tao) and another grey thing(Quantum physics) and compare them to fool gullible people.
True. However, when the shades of grey are very similar a comparison is justified.

Quote:
It is very easy to form a conspiracy theory out of grey information. ALL conspiracy theories rely on ambiguity. FUNNY that.
All conspiracy theories are based on anomalies within the mainstream explanations and attempt to provide a logical explanation that is consistent with those anomalies. Sometimes this logic is farfetched and implausible, while other times it makes far more sense than the mainstream account.

Quote:
>>The Egyptian, Tolmec and Roman structures are evidence of highly advanced stone building skills (no more, no less). Interesting is also that some of these advanced techniques (eg. binding huge blocks by means of metal pieces moulded on the spot) were used both in pre-Columbian South-America and in the "New World", which might suggest a mutual influence.

Yes, because there's no way idiot blackies could do stuff like this. Aliens, no doubt white Belgian speaking ones, told them how to do it.
You're the one bringing up aliens, not I.

My hypothesis is that there was a lost EARTHLY civilisation capable of colonising other nations and actively doing so, posing as Gods to increase their grip on the colonised peoples. Like many civilisations throughout history, this advanced civilisation collapsed and fragments of its knowledge ended up in libraries (eg. the library of Alexandria), while others were passed on orally between generations by mostly the sages (usually priests).

Quote:
How is moulded metal advanced? Anyone can do it with a fire and some clay and some metal ore.
I'm talking about the use of portable furnaces able to mould a connection between two blocks each weighing tons at the spot, as the ends of the metal part requires it to be moulded within both stone blocks itself. This would still be a puzzle for many 21st century engineers.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Woo Nemesis

Its certainly possible, if improbable. Ever read "Guns, Germs, and Steel"?
Old 11-04-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Its certainly possible, if improbable.
What is?

Quote:
Ever read "Guns, Germs, and Steel"?
Nope. Please do enlighten me.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Woo Nemesis

Basically, rapid technological innovation does not occur in isolated societies, but can occur when there is a broad geographical area with trade routes traversing it, as happened in Eurasia. It is highly unlikely that there would be a highly technological precursor society that was isolated to a small enough area not to have been found already.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Basically, rapid technological innovation does not occur in isolated societies, but can occur when there is a broad geographical area with trade routes traversing it, as happened in Eurasia. It is highly unlikely that there would be a highly technological precursor society that was isolated to a small enough area not to have been found already.
The Pole shift hypothesis gives a possible explanation for what happened to this lost civilisation and why we haven't found it yet. If the Pole shift hypothesis is accurate, Antarctica would be a possible location for this lost civilisation and this would explain why we haven't found it yet.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Woo Nemesis

Still, a civilization on Antartica, the terrestrial portion of which (not counting the current ice sheets) is still fairly small and isolated. It is highly unlikely they could have developed an advanced culture rapidly. All this aside from the fact that a significant enough pole shift to give it a warm climate has not happened since humankind evolved. The Precambrian pole shift is an interesting theory.