Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Alternate History
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2009, 03:44 AM

Default Re: Real Atlantis Story Suppressed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Still, a civilization on Antartica, the terrestrial portion of which (not counting the current ice sheets) is still fairly small and isolated. It is highly unlikely they could have developed an advanced culture rapidly.
Who says they developed rapidly? Maybe they had tens of thousands of years to develop their culture before they traveled to and colonised other parts of the world. How can we know if we don't know what's under those huge layers of ice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
All this aside from the fact that a significant enough pole shift to give it a warm climate has not happened since humankind evolved.
According to some, the so-called "Ice Ages" and the end thereof are caused by pole shifts.

Anyway, there's also "Hollow Earth" theory, but (although there is a physics theory to explain it all) even I find this too farfetched as it requires most polar NASA footage to be forged, many governments to be complicit in hiding the polar holes and you'd expect at least one person to have gone inside, taken pictures and put them on the Internet. But still : some people believe not aliens or some lost culture on the surface of the earth but a culture within Hollow Earth is the origin of the lost civilisation. I should add this to be complete since (although not very plausible) I'm not aware of any evidence contradicting it (if you're willing to accept claims that NASA is involved). Nevertheless, I would like to stess that I do NOT support this theory.