Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Science
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2009, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Hollow Earth theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by albie View Post
But we are talking about DEEP underground. It seems the deep air is denser.
This theory doesn't hold when you pass the center of gravity. Then again, air will become less dense as should be obvious with a basic understanding of physics

The key to understanding Hollow Earth theory is understanding what would be different from a physics perspective if the center of gravitational pull was NOT the center of the earth but rather an electromagnetic coil-like strip about 400 miles underneath the earth's surface.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:08 AM
Woo Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
This theory doesn't hold when you pass the center of gravity. Then again, air will become less dense as should be obvious with a basic understanding of physics

The key to understanding Hollow Earth theory is understanding what would be different from a physics perspective if the center of gravitational pull was NOT the center of the earth but rather an electromagnetic coil-like strip about 400 miles underneath the earth's surface.
So....are you saying that there would have to be a EM force generating gravity effects?
Old 11-07-2009, 04:38 AM

Quote:

A basic understanding of physics? Oh! YOU'RE style of physics, you mean. Oh, sure if there were giant coils just under the surface. Yeah, I see.

I think bringing physics into this is just plain ridiculous. And how would the hollow earth have survived the impact from giant meteorites? Such as the one which killed the dinosaurs? And then the problem of earthquakes. I suppose they are just the Molochs dropping things. Yes, I see now.

There are far too many obvious reasons why the earth isn't hollow. But there's no reason why there couldn't be entire worlds down there a few miles deep.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:40 AM
Woo Nemesis

True, except that its pretty hot a few miles down, at least it was any place where we drilled that deep. However, anythings possible.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:16 AM

Quote:
I think bringing physics into this is just plain ridiculous. And how would the hollow earth have survived the impact from giant meteorites? Such as the one which killed the dinosaurs?
Why wouldn't Hollow Earth have survived? How do we even know the dinosaurs were killed by a meteorite impact (last time I checked, this was but one of many unproven hyposeses)

Quote:
And then the problem of earthquakes. I suppose they are just the Molochs dropping things. Yes, I see now.
Hollow Earth theory is perfectly compatible with tectonics.

Quote:
There are far too many obvious reasons why the earth isn't hollow.
Such as?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
True, except that its pretty hot a few miles down, at least it was any place where we drilled that deep. However, anythings possible.
It gets hotter the closer we get to the center of gravity.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:59 AM

Quote:
>>The key to understanding Hollow Earth theory is understanding what would be different from a physics perspective if the center of gravitational pull was NOT the center of the earth but rather an electromagnetic coil-like strip about 400 miles underneath the earth's surface.
Electromagnetism is not gravity. I'm sure you'll find that out IF you bother to read the books.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:00 AM

>>Why wouldn't Hollow Earth have survived? How do we even know the dinosaurs were killed by a meteorite impact (last time I checked, this was but one of many unproven hyposeses)

I need to explain a thin crust coming to blows with a massive object?
Doesn't matter if it did kill the dinosaurs. The impacts still happen.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by albie
There are far too many obvious reasons why the earth isn't hollow.

Such as?
Well, seeing as you have gone to end of all conspiracy debates you will be able to tell me that. Asssuming you actually DID have these debates.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Electromagnetism is not gravity.
There has been continuous serious investigation into the possibility that gravity and electromagnetic forces are linked. Unified theories of forces have been of continuous interest to physicists. Some of the more famous examples include Maxwell in 1855 who showed electric and magnetic lines of force could be described by a single set of equations; Einstein died working on a unified field theory to explain the relationship between gravitation and electromagnetism and more recently, the 1999 Nobel Prize was awarded for work toward deriving a unified framework for all the theoretical forces (Gerard 't Hooft).

Quote:
I need to explain a thin crust coming to blows with a massive object?
800 miles isn't that thin.

Quote:
Well, seeing as you have gone to end of all conspiracy debates you will be able to tell me that. Asssuming you actually DID have these debates.
I've debated only very little on Hollow Earth theory since I'm not convinced by it itself. Nevertheless, I can't say I've seen any serious attempts to debunk the physics of this theory either.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Woo Nemesis

Quote:
Why wouldn't Hollow Earth have survived? How do we even know the dinosaurs were killed by a meteorite impact (last time I checked, this was but one of many unproven hyposeses)

Hollow Earth theory is perfectly compatible with tectonics.

Such as?

It gets hotter the closer we get to the center of gravity.
Why would the center of gravity have anything to do with the temperature?