Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > What is really going on?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-10-2009, 08:42 AM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Default Re: What's Happening To America ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
Speaking of the Dust Bowl period, you should check out the 1943 issues of SS-publication "Germanische Leithefte". The one I own deals specifically with the US and contains an interesting article on the cause of the Dust Bowl as well as many articles on other American problems. It's very interesting if you want to get a different view of '30s and '40s USA.
Summarize for me, if you dont mind.

__________________
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Out of the Box Out of the Box is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 518
Default Re: What's Happening To America ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Summarize for me, if you dont mind.
With regards to the Dust Bowl, the SS was highly critical of American agriculture. They criticised American farmers for caring only about the high short term profits while ignoring the consequences this had to their lands and the environment. The explained that a more traditional way of farming (which included eg. an anual shift of crops and the use of hedges to reduce winds) as used in Germany provides lower short term profits but also allows the land to be used for decades (or even centuries) without any damage to the soil or the environment. The article was written by a German who'd spent some time on the American countryside both before and after it was hurt by the ust Bowl.

Other articles dealt with general politics, the American "melting pot", Jewish influence in the US, etc. I could look up some more details for you after the weekend if you're interested. I'll be staying with my GF until Sunday, so I won't have access to this booklet until then.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-11-2009, 12:31 PM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Default Re: What's Happening To America ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
With regards to the Dust Bowl, the SS was highly critical of American agriculture. They criticised American farmers for caring only about the high short term profits while ignoring the consequences this had to their lands and the environment. The explained that a more traditional way of farming (which included eg. an anual shift of crops and the use of hedges to reduce winds) as used in Germany provides lower short term profits but also allows the land to be used for decades (or even centuries) without any damage to the soil or the environment. The article was written by a German who'd spent some time on the American countryside both before and after it was hurt by the ust Bowl.

Other articles dealt with general politics, the American "melting pot", Jewish influence in the US, etc. I could look up some more details for you after the weekend if you're interested. I'll be staying with my GF until Sunday, so I won't have access to this booklet until then.
That is pretty much the American assessment of what happened during the dust bowl too. FYI. The History Channel recently did a great documentary on it.
__________________
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-12-2009, 01:58 AM
Eye-Kon's Avatar
Eye-Kon Eye-Kon is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 39
Default Re: What's Happening To America ?

Is it just me or do only like 3 or 4 people actually post on this site? Forum spammers ruin sites like this.
__________________
Hate to admit it but my reptilian theory was a sham. Like honestly its one thing to believe in aliens but to believe in shape-shifting negative beings is just totally far fetched. I got a kick outta the replies though.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-12-2009, 08:36 AM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Default Re: What's Happening To America ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye-Kon View Post
Is it just me or do only like 3 or 4 people actually post on this site? Forum spammers ruin sites like this.
I guess it depends on what you mean by spam. It does seem like it is only a handfull of us on here.
__________________
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-12-2009, 08:44 AM
xbluudevilx's Avatar
xbluudevilx xbluudevilx is offline
dontmakeafcukouttame
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Laguna Hills, CA
Posts: 1
Send a message via AIM to xbluudevilx
Default Re: What's Happening To America ?

America been screwed.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Out of the Box Out of the Box is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 518
Default Re: What's Happening To America ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
That is pretty much the American assessment of what happened during the dust bowl too.
I just wonder how long it took before the US government figured that out. You can say about the Nazis what you want, but they would never have allowed such foolish policies as the sort of policies that lead to the Dust Bowl in the first place. They put a lot of effort in agricultural development and the long term sustenance thereof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
FYI. The History Channel recently did a great documentary on it.
Thanks for the recommendation. I prefer sources from the era itself, though. They tend to be more accurate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye-Kon View Post
Is it just me or do only like 3 or 4 people actually post on this site?
It's been very quiet for a while now.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-12-2009, 10:11 AM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Default Re: What's Happening To America ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
I just wonder how long it took before the US government figured that out. You can say about the Nazis what you want, but they would never have allowed such foolish policies as the sort of policies that lead to the Dust Bowl in the first place. They put a lot of effort in agricultural development and the long term sustenance thereof.



Thanks for the recommendation. I prefer sources from the era itself, though. They tend to be more accurate



It's been very quiet for a while now.
Well, it was the FDR administration for most of it, so he was probably too busy with jailing butchers for selling too cheaply, packing the court, and trying to set a 100% marginal tax rate at $25,000.
__________________
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Out of the Box Out of the Box is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 518
Default Re: What's Happening To America ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Well, it was the FDR administration for most of it, so he was probably too busy with jailing butchers for selling too cheaply, packing the court, and trying to set a 100% marginal tax rate at $25,000.
I bet the real reason is the fact that the US is an individualist nation where making short term profit has been a primary motive since the beginning, unlike older Eurasian cultures where other motives have always been more important (although it is worth noting that unfortunately European and Asian countries are copying the malign American ways).
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-12-2009, 12:29 PM
EireEngineer's Avatar
EireEngineer EireEngineer is offline
Woo Nemesis
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Posts: 583
Default Re: What's Happening To America ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
I bet the real reason is the fact that the US is an individualist nation where making short term profit has been a primary motive since the beginning, unlike older Eurasian cultures where other motives have always been more important (although it is worth noting that unfortunately European and Asian countries are copying the malign American ways).
Ah yes...Europeans are so much more enlightened....
I have lived in both systems, and I can tell you that it is much more preferable to live in a society where individualism is promoted, than in one where you have to queue up for everything without hope for escape.
__________________
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.