Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > What is really going on?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Woo Nemesis

Default Re: What's Happening To America ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
Speaking of the Dust Bowl period, you should check out the 1943 issues of SS-publication "Germanische Leithefte". The one I own deals specifically with the US and contains an interesting article on the cause of the Dust Bowl as well as many articles on other American problems. It's very interesting if you want to get a different view of '30s and '40s USA.
Summarize for me, if you dont mind.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Summarize for me, if you dont mind.
With regards to the Dust Bowl, the SS was highly critical of American agriculture. They criticised American farmers for caring only about the high short term profits while ignoring the consequences this had to their lands and the environment. The explained that a more traditional way of farming (which included eg. an anual shift of crops and the use of hedges to reduce winds) as used in Germany provides lower short term profits but also allows the land to be used for decades (or even centuries) without any damage to the soil or the environment. The article was written by a German who'd spent some time on the American countryside both before and after it was hurt by the ust Bowl.

Other articles dealt with general politics, the American "melting pot", Jewish influence in the US, etc. I could look up some more details for you after the weekend if you're interested. I'll be staying with my GF until Sunday, so I won't have access to this booklet until then.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Woo Nemesis

Quote:
With regards to the Dust Bowl, the SS was highly critical of American agriculture. They criticised American farmers for caring only about the high short term profits while ignoring the consequences this had to their lands and the environment. The explained that a more traditional way of farming (which included eg. an anual shift of crops and the use of hedges to reduce winds) as used in Germany provides lower short term profits but also allows the land to be used for decades (or even centuries) without any damage to the soil or the environment. The article was written by a German who'd spent some time on the American countryside both before and after it was hurt by the ust Bowl.

Other articles dealt with general politics, the American "melting pot", Jewish influence in the US, etc. I could look up some more details for you after the weekend if you're interested. I'll be staying with my GF until Sunday, so I won't have access to this booklet until then.
That is pretty much the American assessment of what happened during the dust bowl too. FYI. The History Channel recently did a great documentary on it.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:58 AM

Is it just me or do only like 3 or 4 people actually post on this site? Forum spammers ruin sites like this.
Hate to admit it but my reptilian theory was a sham. Like honestly its one thing to believe in aliens but to believe in shape-shifting negative beings is just totally far fetched. I got a kick outta the replies though.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Woo Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye-Kon View Post
Is it just me or do only like 3 or 4 people actually post on this site? Forum spammers ruin sites like this.
I guess it depends on what you mean by spam. It does seem like it is only a handfull of us on here.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:44 AM
dontmakeafcukouttame

Send a message via AIM to xbluudevilx

America been screwed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
That is pretty much the American assessment of what happened during the dust bowl too.
I just wonder how long it took before the US government figured that out. You can say about the Nazis what you want, but they would never have allowed such foolish policies as the sort of policies that lead to the Dust Bowl in the first place. They put a lot of effort in agricultural development and the long term sustenance thereof.

Quote:
FYI. The History Channel recently did a great documentary on it.
Thanks for the recommendation. I prefer sources from the era itself, though. They tend to be more accurate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye-Kon View Post
Is it just me or do only like 3 or 4 people actually post on this site?
It's been very quiet for a while now.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Woo Nemesis

Quote:
I just wonder how long it took before the US government figured that out. You can say about the Nazis what you want, but they would never have allowed such foolish policies as the sort of policies that lead to the Dust Bowl in the first place. They put a lot of effort in agricultural development and the long term sustenance thereof.

Thanks for the recommendation. I prefer sources from the era itself, though. They tend to be more accurate

It's been very quiet for a while now.
Well, it was the FDR administration for most of it, so he was probably too busy with jailing butchers for selling too cheaply, packing the court, and trying to set a 100% marginal tax rate at $25,000.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Well, it was the FDR administration for most of it, so he was probably too busy with jailing butchers for selling too cheaply, packing the court, and trying to set a 100% marginal tax rate at $25,000.
I bet the real reason is the fact that the US is an individualist nation where making short term profit has been a primary motive since the beginning, unlike older Eurasian cultures where other motives have always been more important (although it is worth noting that unfortunately European and Asian countries are copying the malign American ways).
Old 11-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Woo Nemesis

Quote:
I bet the real reason is the fact that the US is an individualist nation where making short term profit has been a primary motive since the beginning, unlike older Eurasian cultures where other motives have always been more important (although it is worth noting that unfortunately European and Asian countries are copying the malign American ways).
Ah yes...Europeans are so much more enlightened....
I have lived in both systems, and I can tell you that it is much more preferable to live in a society where individualism is promoted, than in one where you have to queue up for everything without hope for escape.