Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2009, 11:20 PM

Default Political correctness to blame for lack of coverage of black-on-white killings?

Is political correctness to blame for lack of coverage over horrific black-on-white killings in America’s Deep South?

"I think it would have gotten a lot of national play faster if it had been a black couple kidnapped and killed by five white people." University of Tennessee law professor Glenn Reynolds told the local paper in Knoxville.

It was the kind of crime that strikes terror into the hearts of parents everywhere.

A bright young couple were carjacked after a Saturday night date and murdered in the most brutal way imaginable.

Christopher Newsom, 23, was tied up and raped, shot in the back of the head and then dragged to a railway track and set on fire.

His girlfriend, 21-year-old University of Tennessee student Channon Christian’s fate was even more horrific.

Her death came only after hours of torture, during which time she was raped and savaged with a broken chair leg.

She was beaten in the head and a household bleach was poured down her throat and over her bleeding and battered genital area in an attempt by her attackers to cover any evidence of rape – all while she was still alive.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...20_468x350.jpg
Torture: Channon Christian was forced to watch the attackers rape and kill her boyfriend Christopher Newsom before she was murdered

Then she was ‘hog-tied’ with curtains and a strip of bedding and a plastic bag was wrapped over her face.

Her body was stashed inside five bigger rubbish liners and dumped in a bin, where, according to the autopsy report, she slowly suffocated to death.

On Monday, the alleged ringleader of the gang accused of the killings goes on trial in Knoxville, Tennessee.

One of the gang has already been convicted and sentenced to life in prison without parole.

But, even though the killings happened in January, 2007, they have attracted very little national and international coverage.

That’s because they do not fit into the conventional contours of an attack in America’s Deep South, where a shameful history of racial intolerance has meant assaults by whites on blacks have historically been regarded in the context of race.

In this case, the races were reversed: the victims were white and the four men and one woman charged in connection with the murders are black.

Ironically, the case has now generated more publicity surrounding the furore over whether or not political correctness was behind the US media’s decision to largely ignore the story than it did for the murders themselves.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...92_468x409.jpg
Lemaricus Davidson, centre, goes on trial in Tennessee over the murders this week. Letalvis Cobbins, top right, has been jailed for life. Eric Boyd, Vanessa Coleman and George Thomas will be tried after Davidson

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...28_468x468.jpg
Life: Letalvis ‘Rome’ Cobbins was found guilty of multiple counts of first degree murder. He was also convicted of rape, kidnapping and robbery

Is political correctness to blame for lack of coverage over horrific black-on-white killings in America’s Deep South? | National Policy Institute

Old 10-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Woo Nemesis

Default Re: Political correctness to blame for lack of coverage of black-on-white killings?

Well, the Dominant Liberal Establishment Mass Media certainly has its own bias. Its not surprising.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:48 AM

Default Re: Political correctness to blame for lack of coverage of black-on-white killings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Well, the Dominant Liberal Establishment Mass Media certainly has its own bias. Its not surprising.
And you believe the Neo-Conservative Establishment Mass Media (ever heard of Bill O' Reilly?) is any better? The race issue is censored and distorted by BOTH sides of the mainstream political spectrum, as are all other topics that truely matter to the oligarchy (like Israel or their dirty wars).
Old 11-12-2009, 01:03 PM

First, let me say if this is what happened to this couple the way you are reporting it did, I am very sorry for them. No one should have to die by the hands of another person for any reason at all; least of all color. Hmmm makes you think about all the blacks who were raped, beat, made slaves or made to do all types of horrible things because of the color of their skin.

Wow! Now we are talking about justice and why no one is covering this type of killing on white people? Strange world.

Next, I have to ask you respectfully to clear up a few things in your story because you make it sound like this young couple was either super men and women or aliens. First you come on and say …

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyGirl View Post
Is political correctness to blame for lack of coverage over horrific black-on-white killings in America’s Deep South?

"A bright young couple were carjacked after a Saturday night date and murdered in the most brutal way imaginable.

Christopher Newsom, 23, was tied up and raped, shot in the back of the head and then dragged to a railway track and set on fire.

His girlfriend, 21-year-old University of Tennessee student Channon Christian’s fate was even more horrific.

Her death came only after hours of torture, during which time she was raped and savaged with a broken chair leg.

She was beaten in the head and a household bleach was poured down her throat and over her bleeding and battered genital area in an attempt by her attackers to cover any evidence of rape – all while she was still alive.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...20_468x350.jpg
Torture: Channon Christian was forced to watch the attackers rape and kill her boyfriend Christopher Newsom before she was murdered

Then she was ‘hog-tied’ with curtains and a strip of bedding and a plastic bag was wrapped over her face.

Her body was stashed inside five bigger rubbish liners and dumped in a bin, where, according to the autopsy report, she slowly suffocated to death.

My question is, if she was forced to drink bleach and it was poured all over her vaginal area wouldn’t she have died from that? I alone, I mean people get bit by poisonous snakes and take less time to die, as a matter of fact, fifteen minutes in some cases if they are not rushed to a hospital but you say this woman endured all of that and then finally succumb to the plastic bag being placed over her head after hours of suffocating.

Look, I agree these were heinous acts but to come and say where is the justice for “WHITE” victims of horrible hate crimes in the south is not only highly contradicting but insulting and downright cruel. What about all of the Blacks who endured far worse? Did you ask for justice for them? What about all the blacks now who can’t get fair wage jobs like their under qualified counterpart who applied for the same job? Did you ask for justice for them? Oh, pardon me; you gave them affirmative action, which you all are trying to abolish. Just the mere thought of having to come up with a system called affirmative action (which states that you have to let a certain amount of blacks or minorities either get or apply for the job ) let’s you know that there is a problem .

So, I think that while these are heinous acts I think you should address them as that and not put a color behind the act. You would have done better if you’d said that people need to stop violent acts against other human beings period instead of trying to further the fuel of an idiot southern mentality of segregation ignorance, and slavery. You people never cease to amaze me. You all will take a tragedy and turn it to further your stupid race war agenda. I sometimes wonder how any of you from the south even know how to read because in order to read a book you have to get used to white and black being together in unison for one goal to work together (white page with black words) Ha get over it and let’s call it what it really is a heinous act of violence against another human being and then I think you would have more sympathy from the intelligent public instead of what you really want more white black hate each other then kill each other crap…

I am Enlightening the Mind and I approve this message!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:08 PM

You can say whatever you want, but it remains a fact that black-on-white crimes are rarely (if ever) mentioned as racist, whereas white-on-black crimes (that happen to be less common also) are almost always portrayed as racist. Why the hypocrisy?!?
Old 11-13-2009, 07:47 AM
Woo Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
And you believe the Neo-Conservative Establishment Mass Media (ever heard of Bill O' Reilly?) is any better? The race issue is censored and distorted by BOTH sides of the mainstream political spectrum, as are all other topics that truely matter to the oligarchy (like Israel or their dirty wars).
First of all, compare the market share of Bill O'Reiley, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and Fox News to CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, The Washington Post, The NY Times, Newsweek, and Time Magazine.
Second, the devil is in the details. No, it wouldnt be better if the right dominated things either.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
First of all, compare the market share of Bill O'Reiley, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and Fox News to CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, The Washington Post, The NY Times, Newsweek, and Time Magazine.
What's your point?

Quote:
No, it wouldnt be better if the right dominated things either.
Exactly. The American public can only choose between two sorts of "evil", and considering the media pushes them in a certain direction (notice how anti-Gore the media was a few years ago and how anti-Bush they became last year) I can't imagine how anyone can still believe the US is a democracy...
Old 11-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Woo Nemesis

Quote:
What's your point?
My point is that the American media is anything but balanced.

Quote:
Exactly. The American public can only choose between two sorts of "evil", and considering the media pushes them in a certain direction (notice how anti-Gore the media was a few years ago and how anti-Bush they became last year) I can't imagine how anyone can still believe the US is a democracy...
The US is not a democracy....by design. And when has the media ever been anti-Gore?
Old 11-14-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
My point is that the American media is anything but balanced.
No shit!

Not only is the American mainsteam not balanced, it's owned by a tiny group of corporate moguls who are closely tied to the oligarchy that runs its government.

Quote:
The US is not a democracy....by design. And when has the media ever been anti-Gore?
The media portrayed Gore as a dull and uncharismatic individual, which made even Bush more likable (even though he was a horrible president).

Then there came Obama, who's portrayed almost in a Messianic fashion, even though it should be obvious to anyone with a more than basic understanding of politics that he's going to be even worse than Bush (I never thought that was possible ).
Old 11-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Woo Nemesis

Quote:
No shit!

Not only is the American mainsteam not balanced, it's owned by a tiny group of corporate moguls who are closely tied to the oligarchy that runs its government.

The media portrayed Gore as a dull and uncharismatic individual, which made even Bush more likable (even though he was a horrible president).
Thats because he is a dull and uncharismatic person. Duh.
Then there came Obama, who's portrayed almost in a Messianic fashion, even though it should be obvious to anyone with a more than basic understanding of politics that he's going to be even worse than Bush (I never thought that was possible ).
No argument from me there. All hail Obama!