Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2009, 01:08 PM

Default Re: The school system is no longer about learning

Thanks Guys

Old 11-17-2009, 05:25 AM

I personally believe getting out there and working is a better option than going to school. Not only does school teach the same crap every year but it sugarcoats the real world. I couldn't believe it when i passed year 8 and 9 and i didnt even do any work. Not one bit.

I work a full day at work and learn more there about people skills than i do learning at school. The school system is Ridiculous and i agree with this opinon.

Sorry for my grammar as the school system has failed me
Old 11-17-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little0Kill View Post
I personally believe getting out there and working is a better option than going to school. Not only does school teach the same crap every year but it sugarcoats the real world. I couldn't believe it when i passed year 8 and 9 and i didnt even do any work. Not one bit.

I work a full day at work and learn more there about people skills than i do learning at school. The school system is Ridiculous and i agree with this opinon.

Sorry for my grammar as the school system has failed me
As it does many.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:51 AM

ahaha
Old 12-01-2009, 04:59 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Vera

I would say they did a poor job in teaching you proper English and grammar as well. Unfortunately, though, I do have to agree with you regarding the substance of your post. It seems anymore schools and teachers do not care about actually teaching and making sure their students actually know the subject to use in the future. I guess this is one reason I am wanting to teach at a university. I have seen so many people struggle in mathematics, when that subject is not really as difficult as most view it to be. It just takes a different way of looking at things for it to become more easy to understand. When I was tutoring at the college I was attending, my students would regularly thank me and recommend me to others because of how I explained the subject to them. I used real-world examples instead of just what they saw in a text book. Being able to relate what we are learning to our real lives and what the world is like is an exceptional way to remember what you are trying to learn.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:16 PM

My wife is a teacher, at an Alternative Learning Style school. It seems pretty cool to me that there are public schools out there that are trying to break the mold of conventional education, and wanted to share it with you. The way to help people retain information is not always the same with each student, so There are different ways that help each individual. The most common way that her school does this is by bridging all course areas. They make relationships from Math to Science, from Science to History, from History to ETC ETC. All areas of study eventually tie into one another, and by doing so you have established practical uses/proof that all are important. This maintains the students interest/and creates a more involved learning atmoshphere becuase the students can make these links from class to class.

To the point of getting out there and just working/learning something away from the school system, I can't complain about that approach. I feel as though that I was lucky though to have been as successful as I have been without a degree. It is something that i have regretted in the past, especially in the situations where you are looking for a new career, and have all the experience, but a Kid from Harper Community College got the job because he will only make 35K a year, and is College Edu-ma-cated

Last edited by MacPad : 12-01-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:20 AM

Most people end up working in crap jobs anyway. That's life. Most jobs are crap. End of. Why teach them how to do anything? teach them how to take a pay cut and like it!

But I AM Satan and my views come with a pinch of salt, thrown over your shoulder.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:53 AM

Default great post e

Amazing as always
Old 12-18-2009, 07:19 AM

I found the education system as a whole pointless. As long as you can read and write, Your then free to learn about any subject you feel passionate about. All the rest is useless unless your interested in a specific subject like maths or science for example.

I think we should be taught to read, write and some basic maths and then encouraged at a younger age to think seriously about what we want to achieve. Then under go an education in that direction.

People will willingly learn and remember stuff there interseted in. I dont believe you can put a grade on intelligence. People are good at different things. So to put everyone under the same umbrella. Then say your less intelligent because the person standing next to you can remember certain things, you cant is rediculouse. And once someone is labled as less intelligent.
They blindly believe it and so lose the desire to achieve. The whole things a shambles but what you gonna do?
Old 12-18-2009, 10:48 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Vera

I would say one reason we do not do as you have suggested is because people will constantly change their minds regarding what they want to do with their lives, especially when they're children. Adults even change ideas on what they want to do. Therefore, school systems do not want to put out the money to teach specified and in-depth subjects to children that will change their mind the next year. I know, even once I was in college, I was still changing my mind regarding what I wanted to learn and become. While it makes sense to have them focus on what they really like and want to do, it would be quite expensive for the school systems to keep changing the curriculum every time a student changed his or her mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algebra View Post
I found the education system as a whole pointless. As long as you can read and write, Your then free to learn about any subject you feel passionate about. All the rest is useless unless your interested in a specific subject like maths or science for example.

I think we should be taught to read, write and some basic maths and then encouraged at a younger age to think seriously about what we want to achieve. Then under go an education in that direction.

People will willingly learn and remember stuff there interseted in. I dont believe you can put a grade on intelligence. People are good at different things. So to put everyone under the same umbrella. Then say your less intelligent because the person standing next to you can remember certain things, you cant is rediculouse. And once someone is labled as less intelligent.
They blindly believe it and so lose the desire to achieve. The whole things a shambles but what you gonna do?