Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Club Conspiracy Community > Introduce Yourself!
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2009, 03:47 PM

Default Hello world

Hi new here. Had a little look around and there seems to be a good mix of interesting, rational discussion and entertaining crazy talk. Should be fun. I'm 33 from UK with background in physics. Many Brits here? How you feel about the MoD closing down it's x-files? Not that UFOs are my main interest. I'm most interested in the nature of consciousness and valid scientific enquiries into this area. I like the work of the Nobel laureate Brian Josephson. And the fact that he (a Nobel prize winner!) is, of course, ridiculed for suggesting that understanding of some phenomena may not be entirely suited to the usual scientific method. At least not yet.

Last edited by jannerfish : 12-06-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Hello world

Hi jannerfish im pretty new myself and from the uk.

As for the government closing the X files. I dont really care.

Physics is something that really interests me, ever since i watched a programme about quantum machanics. I found it a bit much to take in at once, but the part that caught my attention was the part about reality itself bieng an illusion and that we are simply the result of atoms or ellements, something like that reacting in the void of space. This opened up so many questions about my own perseptions of what i deem to be real and how emotions and relationships with others comes in to it.

Do you know any books that could gently introduce me to the theorys of quantum mechanics. That a layman like me would be able to understand.

Please dont tell me theres a Quantum Mechanics for dummies out there it would crack me up.

Thanks in advance.