Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > New World Order > The effects of the NWO
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2009, 04:40 AM

Default Re: AUTISM

Im sorry to hear about your daughter EireEngineer. Just out of interest does she display any hightened abilitys. I dont mean "savantism" here but just particular things she may be above average at doing for her age. Just tell me to feck off if its a little to personal.

Last edited by Algebra : 12-22-2009 at 04:47 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Woo Nemesis

Talking Re: AUTISM

No, no special abilities. She is as smart, if not a bit above the curve, as any four year old, but language has been a big frustration for her. Speech therapy seems to be helping with that, and going to an Autism specific school has fixed most of the problems she had with focus and with socialization, which are always problems for Autistic children.

I would never be upet about you asking in a respectful manner as you did, especially since I brought her up. I appreciate it.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
No, no special abilities. She is as smart, if not a bit above the curve, as any four year old, but language has been a big frustration for her. Speech therapy seems to be helping with that, and going to an Autism specific school has fixed most of the problems she had with focus and with socialization, which are always problems for Autistic children.

I would never be upet about you asking in a respectful manner as you did, especially since I brought her up. I appreciate it.
Thats o.k I cant argue with someone who has first hand experience. I actually think i may have been a bit misguided with my theory. I think its actually "savantism" i was refering to with the evolution theory not Autism. Please excuse my ignorance, and i hope all go's well for your daughter.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Woo Nemesis

Trust me, I'm far from an expert on the subject myself, but anything dealing with the brain is akin to string theory: no one person on the planet can possibly be an expert on all of it. There is a bit of savant quality with some autistic children, but it generally manifests in the kids in the higher end of the spectrum than my daughter.
We do know a couple of things about Autism, even if we do not know the exact cause. It is definately not caused by vaccines or Thimerisol. Autism rates have not in fact been increasing, but the definition has been expanded in recent years and the increased number is largely an artifact of this broadening of definition. It looks like it is most likely a genetic disorder, but studies are still ongoing. And no BlueAngel, that is not my opinion, but fact.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Trust me, I'm far from an expert on the subject myself, but anything dealing with the brain is akin to string theory: no one person on the planet can possibly be an expert on all of it. There is a bit of savant quality with some autistic children, but it generally manifests in the kids in the higher end of the spectrum than my daughter.
We do know a couple of things about Autism, even if we do not know the exact cause. It is definately not caused by vaccines or Thimerisol. Autism rates have not in fact been increasing, but the definition has been expanded in recent years and the increased number is largely an artifact of this broadening of definition. It looks like it is most likely a genetic disorder, but studies are still ongoing. And no BlueAngel, that is not my opinion, but fact.
It has not been proven as a FACT that AUTISM is not caused by vaccines or Thimerisol.

Therefore, this is your opinion and, again, your opinion is not FACT.

There are plenty of people, celebrities and not, who are the parent's of autistic children and not who would disagree with you.

The cause of autism has not been proven or dis-proven to be the result of vaccinations.

In that regard, you cannot state that "WE" know for a fact that autism is not caused by vaccinations or Thimerosal.

Who is the "WE" to whom you refer as knowing for a fact that autism is not caused by vaccinations?

Last edited by BlueAngel : 12-22-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Woo Nemesis

Ah yes, lets listen to celebrities instead of the scientists who actually work on it. Oh, and what do you have to say to the fact that Thimerisol has been out of childhood vaccines with no decrease in Autism rates? Or the fact that as a percentage of the population by age group, autism rates have stayed largely flat? Yes, lets all listen to narcissistic and largely ignorant actors who get self validation from championing a misguided cause.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Ah yes, lets listen to celebrities instead of the scientists who actually work on it. Oh, and what do you have to say to the fact that Thimerisol has been out of childhood vaccines with no decrease in Autism rates? Or the fact that as a percentage of the population by age group, autism rates have stayed largely flat? Yes, lets all listen to narcissistic and largely ignorant actors who get self validation from championing a misguided cause.
Can't you read?

I mentioned celebrities and those who aren't.

Sorry, pal, but you might want to read the thread in its' entirety.

It was predicted by the scientific community that autism rates are expected to increase by an astronomical figure (something like one out of every
10 children born) and, as I responded to the report, how would they know this when they don't know what causes it, unless they really do know what causes autism?

The same as ADD, and ADHD.

The scientific community doesn't know what causes ADD and ADHD, but the pharmaceutical companies certainly know how to treat it.

Not all of us believe everything that comes out of the mouths of the scientific community, as you do.

Actors are narcissistic?

Go to the mirror.

Huh?

Eire said:

"Oh, and what do you have to say to the fact that Thimerosal has been out of childhood vaccines with no decrease in Autism rates? Or the fact that as a percentage of the population by age group, autism rates have stayed largely flat?"

Please provide back-up to support your claim that those who believe childhood vaccinations to be the cause of autism suggest that Thimerosal was the ingredient in the childhood vaccinations that caused autism and back-up to support your claim that since the scientific community withdrew Thimerosal from vaccinations, autism has stayed largely flat.

So, you're saying that the scientific community has acknowledged that childhood vaccinations that contained Thimerosal were the cause of autism, but since this ingredient has been removed from childhood vaccinations autism rates have stayed largely flat?

But, I thought you said that, "WE" know, for a fact, that childhood vaccinations aren't responsible for autism.

I think you're talkin' mumbo-jumbo.

Autism does not present itself in any other age group other than childhood, so your comment that autism, as a fact, by the percentage of the population by age group has stayed largely flat doesn't make any sense.

FYI, autism is on the rise.

Your college degree certainly doesn't seem to serve you very well.

What a waste of time and money.

P.S. You REPEAT, AS A FACT, over and over again, but it doesn't make it a FACT.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 12-27-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Woo Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Can't you read?

I mentioned celebrities and those who aren't.
Yes, but it is the celebrities that get the press, and therefore are far more responsible for the very real body count caused by the anti-vaccination movement.
Quote:
Sorry, pal, but you might want to read the thread in its' entirety.

It was predicted by the scientific community that autism rates are expected to increase by an astronomical figure (something like one out of every
10 children born) and, as I responded to the report, how would they know this when they don't know what causes it, unless they really do know what causes autism?
Really? And when they released that report what did they say could be the cause of rates skyrocketing? Oh, right, you got blinded by the numbers and missed the very important details about causation.

[quote=BlueAngel;63863]
The same as ADD, and ADHD.

The scientific community doesn't know what causes ADD and ADHD, but the pharmaceutical companies certainly know how to treat it.
[/quote} Therefore what? You need not know the exact cause of something to find an effective treatment. They are called drug studies for a reason you know?
Quote:
Not all of us believe everything that comes out of the mouths of the scientific community, as you do.
Noice overstatement, as if I am some mindless zombie that believes everything the scientific community says. However, science does get it right most of the time, it just takes time.
Quote:
Actors are narcissistic?

Go to the mirror.

Huh?

Eire said:

"Oh, and what do you have to say to the fact that Thimerosal has been out of childhood vaccines with no decrease in Autism rates? Or the fact that as a percentage of the population by age group, autism rates have stayed largely flat?"

Please provide back-up to support your claim that those who believe childhood vaccinations to be the cause of autism suggest that Thimerosal was the ingredient in the childhood vaccinations that caused autism and back-up to support your claim that since the scientific community withdrew Thimerosal from vaccinations, autism has declined.
Nice attempt at a strawman there, but I never said rates declined. I said it stayed flat. Lrn2read
Quote:
So, you're saying that the scientific community has acknowledged that childhood vaccinations that contained Thimerosal were the cause of autism, but since this ingredient has been removed from childhood vaccinations autism rates have flat lined?
Thimerisol was removed from vaccines as a precaustionary measure. Jenny McCarthy's movement was causing vaccination rates to drop, and it was felt that it was better to remove the Thimerisol then to have millions of children go unvaccinated because of an irrational fear. If it had been the cause then you would figure that autism rates would have gone down once it was removed. It hasnt. See the causation?
Quote:
But, I thought you said that, "WE" know, for a fact, that childhood vaccinations aren't responsible for autism.

I think you're talkin' mumbo-jumbo.

Autism does not present itself in any other age group other than childhood, so your comment that autism, as a fact, by the percentage of the population by age group has stayed largely flat doesn't make any sense.

FYI, autism is on the rise.
It is only rising because the definition of Autism Spectrum Disorders has broadened. You havent read up on this as much as I have so I will forgive your obvious ignorance. Yes, developmental disorders generally present themselves....wait for it...in development. What a shock. However, a recent study in Britain looked at people in their 20s, 30s, etc all the way up to people in their 60s and found that as a percentage of population, using the current definition of Autism, rates were the same fifty years ago as they are today. They were not diagnosed the same back then as they are today. What is more there is less of a social stigma to having your child diagnosed today then there was fifty years ago, and this too is leading to an increase in diagnoses.
Quote:
Your college degree certainly doesn't seem to serve you very well.

What a waste of time and money.

P.S. You REPEAT, AS A FACT, over and over again, but it doesn't make it a FACT.
Ah yes, the ad hominem...the last resort of a weak argument.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Woo Nemesis

Ah, so no answer from BA on this one huh? Too funny.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Ah, so no answer from BA on this one huh? Too funny.
What?

Do you think the minute you post a comment to me, an alarm sounds in my house and I jump to the computer to respond?

Even if an alarm did sound, I wouldn't find it necessary to respond to you IMMEDIATELY.

You're not as IMPORTANT as you think you are.

It's Christmas Eve, forgoodness sakes and most people have better things to do than respond to you IMMEDIATELY after you post a comment whether it's Christmas Eve of not.

You might want to try being a little less full of yourself.

As far as my answer to your reply.

Blah, blah and more blah from Eire.

You've contradicted yourself all over this forum.

I think I'll rename you Mr. Contradiction.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 12-24-2009 at 09:53 PM.