Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Science
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2010, 06:44 AM
Banned

Default Re: The Theory of Relativity is Wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexander View Post
Can I just add here that even if Einstein were a plagiarist or not, does it make any difference? Suggesting Einstein may have plagiarized someone else's thinking is a subtle way of giving credibility to the idea that was plagiarized. Why bother plagiarizing someone if the idea was pure nonsense anyway?
You're right. It's sort of beside the point. We all went to school and plagiarized subjects, didn't we? We did that in order to learn and understand the subject, really in order to discover the ability to think within and practise the relevant discipline.
In the case of physics and engineering this DOES involve considerable work and a certain fluency with mathematics. Einstein may have had a tendency to avoid work, and maybe was no mathematical genius, but he networked constantly with the top physicists and mathematicians of his day until he had produced something which NOBODY had been capable of, something which even now remains the bedrock of physics and cosmology.

It's not the person. It's his ideas. And they are hardly wrong at all. Except that they aren't a Grand Unified Theory.

How wrong is Science? This vid makes important distinctions with respect to "wrongness".

Of course you have a right to be wrong. You may play the following in YT - embedding has been disabled.

Last edited by JazzRoc : 04-11-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:16 AM

It is possibly very wrong.

Discovery that quasars don't show time dilation mystifies astronomers
Old 04-18-2010, 09:10 PM

Partially wrong but not all wrong!
Traditional physics do have limitations since in Quantum Mechanics nothing works as read in the books!! So everything is really relative to a scale in some ways!
But I do not personally believe that a Unified Theory of Everything is likely to exist! I do rather believe that we will have to settle to a Universal theory of unpredictability!

Universal Law of Unpredictability: My “Mystical” Theory | The Mind Traveler
Old 04-19-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentrynox View Post
But I do not personally believe that a Unified Theory of Everything is likely to exist! I do rather believe that we will have to settle to a Universal theory of unpredictability!
Maybe "relativity" and "unpredictability" are nothing but man's inability to see the whole picture. Maybe in the future we'll end up with a Newtonian absolute and predictable universe again by adding just extra parameters that are currently unknown. It wouldn't surprise me at all.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:31 AM

The science man understands or seeks to understand constantly changes. Understanding is only relevant to the laws which govern. On another planet with different laws of gravity and time, scientifuc methods and formulas are different. Science is another language meant to define a world to understand and control that which is ultimately uncontrollable by man.

The more we know, the less we know.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane doe View Post
On another planet with different laws of gravity and time, scientifuc methods and formulas are different. Science is another language meant to define a world to understand and control that which is ultimately uncontrollable by man.
I disagree. Formulae may use different symbols (different syntax), but their actual content should be the same if both cultures have the same level of insight since the laws of nature are the same all over the universe and objective study will lead to the same results everywhere. Like a Japanese person will use a different word to refer to a book, the meaning of both the English word "book" and the Japanese word remain the same. A use of different symbols does not imply a change of content.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:57 AM

Interesting, out of the box. Even with mathematics, potential vision and hearing differences between species, one would have the same conclusion of a changing environment/cosmos? I always thought science was strictly relevant to the theory being presented.

I appreciate your use of the object 'book' to define your pov, but a book isn't unlimited as the theory of relativity. just a thought.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Interesting, out of the box. Even with mathematics, potential vision and hearing differences between species, one would have the same conclusion of a changing environment/cosmos? I always thought science was strictly relevant to the theory being presented.
In exact science, there is but a handful of highly logical and apparently self-evident axioms and everything else is logically deducted from those few axioms. When aliens start with different axioms their science may appear very different, but it would still just be a different way to describe the same thing.

Quote:
I appreciate your use of the object 'book' to define your pov, but a book isn't unlimited as the theory of relativity. just a thought.
Scientific formulae are nothing but subjective ways to describe objective reality, much like words. The symbols used may be different but (if the science is done correctly) the meaning remains the same.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:02 PM

No it won't EVER work like this, as our Universe is Dynamic, and changes every second! We can hardly feel it here, since our time is relative to our little blue planet, but out there it is a different world that do not settle on anything just yet!
So when energies are of a whole new scale level, laws as we know changes in VERY unpredictable ways!
I guess it will be so until the end of this Universe, if he has one...

It is also, why I do not see sciences taking over the Universe, as much as it has overtaken our little blue planet! It will have limited influence over there, and peoples with real intuitions will have more rooms than on here! Anyhow, thats my opinion!
Old 04-19-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
No it won't EVER work like this, as our Universe is Dynamic, and changes every second!
Any advanced science is familiar with those changes.

Quote:
We can hardly feel it here, since our time is relative to our little blue planet, but out there it is a different world that do not settle on anything just yet!
The laws of physics remain the same all over the universe.

Quote:
It is also, why I do not see sciences taking over the Universe, as much as it has overtaken our little blue planet! It will have limited influence over there, and peoples with real intuitions will have more rooms than on here! Anyhow, thats my opinion!
Intuition is emotional and thus irrational. Science is (supposed to be) rational. I fail to see how an irrational understanding of the universe is supposed to be superior to a rational understanding of the universe.