Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Alternate History
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2009, 12:27 PM

Default Human Civilisation Founded on Slavery?

We have all become so conditioned by the propaganda in favour of ‘civilisation’ against ‘barbarism’ but the so-called barbaric societies were possibly far more peaceful than the later so-called ‘civilisations’ were. Indeed in the ancient world the consistent picture emerges that all early civilisations, and the later ones for that matter, were based almost entirely on slave labour and serfdom. And indeed being a serf was little better than being a slave. In barbaric communities people worked in co-operation and slavery more than likely did not even exist. The first cities therefore were financed by human bondage.

Another dark feature from the age of ‘civilisation’ is organised, mass warfare. Indeed one of the fruits of this warfare was a plentiful source of slaves from the conquered peoples and added to this the serfs from one’s own population who were expected to keep the war machine going under the threat of harsh penalty.

This cruel system survived intact into and throughout the medieval era and its effects must surely still be felt today in our ethical view of the human world. Indeed these days the division now is between the Third World and First World countries with the latter very much exploiting the former. As a result of this tens of thousands of human beings are needlessly dying each and every day. So its quite possible that the level of human exploitation is greater now than it ever was.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:03 PM

Default Re: Human Civilisation Founded on Slavery?

One of the consequences of the observation that human civilisation is based on slavery is that the persons running this system must be crooks. Any order or regularity which exists within this society is immoral as such an order has an immoral purpose as a goal which is one of exploitation.

If the persons running this system are no better than crooks or pirates then what is to stop them committing other crimes in addition to cruel exploitation? Suetonius tells us that the Emperor Nero would sometimes pass his time by roaming the streets of Rome at night strangling anyone he came upon and throwing their bodies down the sewers. Even among the medieval Papacy acts of murder, whoring and paedophilia were not unknown; in fact far from it, such acts were pretty much the norm.

Sexual exploitation of course is part of the equation as well. It is not known precisely how many slaves there were in ancient Greece but modest estimates have every household possessing at least one slave. Of course the wealthier the household, the more slaves they had. It is evident that slave girls had their uses beyond being purely domestic servants and in ancient Greece the status of married women was little more than a domestic servant anyway.

Even the great intellects of the ancient world had slaves. Plato and Aristotle for example both had a number of slaves each. Considering that you regularly have to beat slaves to keep them obedient surely this paints these so-called sublime thinkers in a new light?

However I am sure I am merely brushing the surface.

Last edited by galexander : 04-11-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:49 AM

Can I ask here why nobody is replying to my post?

Have I touched upon a taboo subject that most people have a deep seated subconscious aversion to?
Old 04-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Death

Humans bred with Aliens.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Humans bred with Aliens.
Presumably this comment was spoof?
Old 04-20-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexander View Post
Can I ask here why nobody is replying to my post?

Have I touched upon a taboo subject that most people have a deep seated subconscious aversion to?
Yes.

You can ask why nobody is replying to your post, but I highly doubt that it's because you think you've touched upon a taboo subject most people have a deep seated subconscious aversion to.

Most probably other reasons.

Trying to flatter yourself will get you nowhere real fast.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 04-20-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexander View Post
Presumably this comment was spoof?
To spoof or not to spook.

That is the question.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:23 AM
Hyper M0derator

Yep, we were founded on slavery and still are! So that everyone is free from slavery, even today, wouldn't we essentially need some kind of worldwide communism? Isn't it the dark secret of a capitalist economy that we need people to suffer in order for the richest to get richer?

But of course a worldwide communist economy would never work (probably works on paper) as we humans are a dark immoral bunch by nature and deep down most of us either want to sponge of the system for free or to have more than everyone else. Slavery/others suffering is almost a prerequisite for mankind to flourish.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Death

We all have SS#.

Holocaust recollections anyone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
We all have SS#.

Holocaust recollections anyone.
Again, I am having a problem taking you seriously Grim.