Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Science
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2010, 02:42 AM
Hyper M0derator

Default Re: All Scientists on This Forum Please Check in Here!

"Science does not deal with fact."

It takes the interaction of 72 different muscles to produce human speech - FACT

The average life of a taste bud is 10 days - FACT

When you sneeze, all your bodily functions stop even your heart - FACT

There are 45 miles (72 km) of nerves in the skin of a human being - FACT

Human blood travels 60,000 miles (96,540 km) per day on its journey through the body - FACT

Old 04-27-2010, 07:54 AM
Banned

I agree Superted. Science is so poorly understood by the general populous, especially those heavily invested in what I call the "Faith based disciplines" (Religious fanatics of all flavors, flat earthers, chiropractors, etc). The only way that they can justify their beliefs is to take an exaggerated view of how science works.

My own field of aviation has a perfect example of the lengths to which people will go to prop up their argument. I often see the Wright Brothers quote "Science theory really held us back. When we just threw out the science and did it our way, the aircraft worked." bandied about as a damnation of science. It couldn't be farther from the truth. Yes, the science of the day was insufficient for the task at hand, and it was that that they threw out. What the Wrights did was create a new science....Aeronautics. They were the first ones to test wing designs in a wind tunnel, the first ones to notice the relationship between airfoil camber, lift, and drag. And, they discovered these things scientifically. Its analogous to Isaac Newton. The mathematics of his day were woefully insufficient to explain the astronomical phenomena that he was working on, so he invented a new mathematics, one which has revolutionized our understanding of the universe in many different disciplines.

Yes, there is a certain amount of speculation involved in the scientific process, but unlike the alternate reality crowd, the investigation does not end there in science.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
People in the scientific world don't talk about this stuff, hence the reason I authored this thread.

You know for a fact that a lot of people know about the conspiracies going around and are just not talking about it or you know for a fact that a lot of SCIENTISTS know about the conspiracies going around and they're just not talking about it?

This thread contains lots of content.
I've have friends who are scientists and universitystudent at the momtent.
What Im saying is that we discuss this kind of thing among friends, writing an paper on it would be a bit to much I quess...

some conspiracy have enough evidence to start investigating them though.. 9-11 case etc.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superted View Post

It takes the interaction of 72 different muscles to produce human speech - FACT

The average life of a taste bud is 10 days - FACT

When you sneeze, all your bodily functions stop even your heart - FACT

There are 45 miles (72 km) of nerves in the skin of a human being - FACT

Human blood travels 60,000 miles (96,540 km) per day on its journey through the body - FACT
Like I said, science comes to a conclusion which they determine as fact through research, so they do not deal with fact and, how many times have they told us one thing to be fact after many years of research only to turn around and tell us the opposite later?

Science is not perfect.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:18 AM
Hyper M0derator

Blueangel I think your getting a little mixed up. You said;

Which as I pointed out is wrong BUT you had a point in so far as to say that the majority of science is 'theory', not fact. Of course the majority of science does not deal in fact, but to say it doesn't deal with fact at all is erroneous.

"..., how many times have they told us one thing to be fact after many years of research only to turn around and tell us the opposite later?"

Probably not that often and nothing really sticks out in my mind, example? I think what you should have said is;

"...., how many times have they told us one thing to be THEORY after many years of research only to turn around and tell us the opposite later?"

Science theory changes all the time, it's part of science. Most of advanced medicine is only an explanation, a theory, that bit fits the problem. As science ever moves on and advances more of the story is exposed and the theory changes and updates.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:29 AM
Hyper M0derator

Blueangel I think your getting a little mixed up. You said;

Which as I pointed out is wrong BUT you had a point in so far as to say that the majority of science is 'theory', not fact. Of course the majority of science does not deal in fact, but to say it doesn't deal with fact at all is erroneous.

"..., how many times have they told us one thing to be fact after many years of research only to turn around and tell us the opposite later?"

Probably not that often and nothing really sticks out in my mind, example? I think what you should have said is;

"...., how many times have they told us one thing to be THEORY after many years of research only to turn around and tell us the opposite later?"

Science theory changes all the time, it's part of science. Most of advanced medicine is only an explanation, a theory, that bit fits the problem. As science ever moves on and advances more of the story is exposed and the theory changes and updates.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:43 AM

Science

The systematic observation of natural events and conditions in order to discover facts about them and to formulate laws and principles based on these facts. 2. the organized body of knowledge that is derived from such observations and that can be verified or tested by further investigation. 3. any specific branch of this general body of knowledge, such as biology, physics, geology, or astronomy.

Academic Press Dictionary of Science & Technology
Old 05-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Science

The systematic observation of natural events and conditions in order to discover facts about them and to formulate laws and principles based on these facts. 2. the organized body of knowledge that is derived from such observations and that can be verified or tested by further investigation. 3. any specific branch of this general body of knowledge, such as biology, physics, geology, or astronomy.

Academic Press Dictionary of Science & Technology
Oh good, shes figured out google. And where in that definition does it mention speculation exactly?
Old 05-02-2010, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallaciesAbound View Post
Oh good, shes figured out google. And where in that definition does it mention speculation exactly?
It doesn't mention speculation in the definition and "I" never used the word speculation.

I said science was not based on fact.

So.

Your rebuttal is that I figured out how to google.

Poor rebuttal, indeed.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:29 PM

I trust what I say and the academic press dictionary of science and technology to back it up more than I trust anything you have to say.