Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Opinions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Hyper M0derator

Default Re: drinking your doom

Jane doe - couldn't tell you if they do use mountain water sources for tap water. Considering how much water is used by the populous in general for things such as washing, gardening, toilets, etc, I highly doubt fresh water is used as I'm sure supply is time limited and wouldn't be enough.

More likely a reservoir like most places, where the water is recycled from toilets etc. Hence my initial posts that if you don't want poo in your water, drink bottled as it comes from pure rain water, limestone filtered and not recycled at some sewage processing plant.

For instance, there's a fresh water spring a few miles from me. This spring water collects from the surrounding hills and emerges at its source, a valley. Logical enough and no it's not tap water (as there's not enough to supply large infrastructure) and no it doesn't contain poo particles as it has come from the sky!

I don't know my european laws on bottled water, but I'd be surprised if a bottle labelled as spring water, was anything but.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:02 PM

More at link.

Quote:
I'd like to remind everyone to be very careful when maltodextrin appears as an ingredient in a medicine or supplement. As a previous poster noted, the FDA labeling guidelines regarding maltodextrin do not apply to meds or vitamins. Just this past week, I had the absolute worst "celiac episode" that I've had in years. (I was diagnosed in '89) I couldn't understand it, since I'd been sick with a cold for several days, and hadn't been eating much of anything at all except for gluten-free chicken soup and gluten-free toast --- plus, I'm not very sensitive to gluten and don't usually have a reaction from trace amounts. The other night I finally thought to check the ingredients on the Theraflu that I'd been taking before bed every night since I caught the cold. Sure enough -- maltodextrin. I stopped taking Theraflu and sure enough my symptoms cleared up. The celiac symptoms, anyway. I still have the cold.
http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/4865-maltodextrin/
Old 05-12-2010, 02:13 PM
Hyper M0derator

.....and?