Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-18-2010, 01:07 PM
starwarp2000 starwarp2000 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 36
Default Re: big ciggarrette cover up


Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
all of a suden tyhe gov of connecticut deems smoking is bad and decides to raise the price of buying smokes every tiimee somone dies from smoking.. people die from drinking to.. like liver malfunction due to drinking.. like they care.. when what they realy think is that smokers can be used as a nother way to get tax dollars. ciggarrettes are now 10 dollars a pack.. and more in some places. if half the usa smokes. the tobaco company pays tax. after we pay the tobaco company by buying smokes. aand every time somone dies. the price and tax goes up. f---ing blood suckers are geting tax money gained by somone dieing. and using smokers habit of smoking which is hard to brake.
Hi kerry,

Here in Australia, the government has already recently increased the tax on cigarettes by 18%, which will profit them 4 billion dollars over four years.
They have said that this money will go into health care, but i don't believe them! Last time they increased it, by 3%, none of that money even came near the health industry, they used it to supplement their superannuation funds!
The reason, they say, for the increase, is to pay for future ill-health problems of smokers. The problem is that smokers, in our system, can be denied health care by doctors, because they smoke. On any list of operations, they can be put to the bottom of the list indefinitely and never get the health care required!

As to the health effects of smoking, well let's see: All the "paid" doctors that support the ill effects of smoking scenario are on the governments payroll. Add that to the fact that there are other "independent" studies on smoking that show it isn't bad. (Not from cigarette company doctors).

What makes smoking bad?
The chemicals that are placed in the cigarettes!

So, the government forces the placement of these chemicals in the tobacco, and then runs advertising campaigns on the ill effects of those chemicals in tobacco, and increases the taxes to pay for some non-existent health care for smokers!

I think the government should be bought up on charges of "Chemical Negligence"! Any company or organization which knowingly adds into a product or knowingly induces a poisonous chemical into the system, is guilty of "Biological Terrorism".

So, be thankful you don't live here!

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-18-2010, 01:16 PM
superted superted is offline
Hyper M0derator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 276
Default Re: big ciggarrette cover up

"No, I don't think kids with leukemia should be on a waiting list, to save a poor old drunkard from dying a death he so blatantly brought upon himself." - Good. And yes your right it is never as simple as that but it still happens.

"With medical benefits" Those would be? And even if there are medical benefits, the risks way out strip them.

"the statistics are a farce" - really? Have you done a lifetime of comprehensive study into the effects of tobacco smoke? Because I'm pretty sure if you could prove that then you'd be one of the richest men in the world!

" NOTHING causes cancer, because we are ALL BORN with it." Since you were polite to me in your last post, I will be too. I'm not trying to piss out off when I say this, but your talking nonsense. How do you explain the FACT that 85% of lung cancer patients smoke? You just can't argue figures that are as big as that! Why is it that >90% of women that get cervical cancer have contracted HPV at some point in their lives?

"Hell, eating too much chocolate will undoubtedly kill you much sooner." Drinking more than 18 litres of water in a single day will most likely kill you. If you know this fact (as smokers know tobacco can cause COPD/cancer,etc,etc) but decide against the health risks and drink over 18litres of water then why should the government, and therefore tax payers, pay for your self-induced sickness?

"Let's tax the crap out of Mcdonalds" Why is that madness? I personally think all high calorific foods should have a hefty tax added. And I personally eat way too crap as it's cheap and convenient. My BMI is 26, slightly overweight and if they lowered the price of fresh fruit and such and increased crap foods then I would lose weight. That would be good for me now, but over a lifetime it could save my life from weight related issues such as cardiovascular disease. Not only would the government save money from less deaths related to CVD (number one killer in all the West) but they make money from the tax. So people could still eat as much as they like and the government would have plenty of money to treat both them and the real sick people out there! I think that's fair!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-18-2010, 01:19 PM
superted superted is offline
Hyper M0derator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 276
Default Re: big ciggarrette cover up

"Add that to the fact that there are other "independent" studies on smoking that show it isn't bad."

Could you provide a link please? As I just stated to ihimself, 85% of lung cancer suffers smoke.....and you think that somehow tobacco is ok for you? Get real!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-18-2010, 01:59 PM
starwarp2000 starwarp2000 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 36
Default Re: big ciggarrette cover up

Quote:
Originally Posted by superted View Post
"Add that to the fact that there are other "independent" studies on smoking that show it isn't bad."

Could you provide a link please? As I just stated to ihimself, 85% of lung cancer suffers smoke.....and you think that somehow tobacco is ok for you? Get real!
Must i do your research for you?

Go to this site FORCES - THE EVIDENCE - Therapeutic effects of smoking and you will see lots of docs and refs.

Just some of the titles:

Smoking lowers Parkinson's disease risk

Impact of Smoking on Clinical and Angiographic Restenosis After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention

Shocker: 'Villain' nicotine slays TB

As you know, all these studies have been kept out of the mainstream media as then it will be found out that "Smoking doesn't Kill", it is the "Chemicals Added to Tobacco" that kill!
When this is really investigated, then governments will have a lot to answer for.

Put two and two together and ask yourself: Why would a Government want to poison, make scary etc. a product that immunized against TB?
What would occur if the drug companies were found to be negligent in their vaccine programs?

Your reasoning semantics can be applied to the following: Driving Kills

A person holding a steering wheel is in danger of having a serious accident, therefore Driving is a Health Risk!

LET US INCREASE THE TAX ON DRIVERS TO COMPENSATE!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-18-2010, 05:44 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: big ciggarrette cover up

Quote:
Originally Posted by superted View Post
Answer my question blue angel, this happened at my hospital just 4 months ago so its a real situation.

Are you so unbelievably selfish like ihimself, that you would happily stuff your face, drink yourself into a stupor, and smoke like a train. When it comes to your medical costs and medical time, because your lungs are shot, your liver is shot, you have cancer and as your morbidly obese it takes 3 times the amount of staff and 3 more surgeons (paid handsomely) to operate on your fat ass to save your worthless life and that would cost 100,000s

While at the same time there's a ward full of children with leukaemia that need treatment that costs too much, they will die early because the government doesn't have the money to pay for the best meds around.

If you think that's ok, you need your head examined!
Sorry, ted, but, although, it isn't fair, it is what is it and it has nothing to do with me being selfish.

I don't decide who receives a transplant and who doesn't.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 05-18-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-20-2010, 03:44 AM
iHIMself™ iHIMself™ is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 134
Default Re: big ciggarrette cover up

Superted?

Last edited by iHIMself™ : 05-20-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-20-2010, 06:45 AM
superted superted is offline
Hyper M0derator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 276
Default Re: big ciggarrette cover up

As per usual blue you've gotten yourself lost in tangled mess of nonsense, please do not reply to my posts anymore, you add nothing. And yes you are boring me, and no I won't leave this forum, as it is YOU that bores me, not the forum. Perhaps if you leave then I'll have a better time? Yea I think I would!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-20-2010, 06:46 AM
superted superted is offline
Hyper M0derator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 276
Default Re: big ciggarrette cover up

Not going to reply to my last post ihimself?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-20-2010, 07:10 AM
superted superted is offline
Hyper M0derator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 276
Default Re: big ciggarrette cover up

"Your reasoning semantics can be applied to the following: Driving Kills

A person holding a steering wheel is in danger of having a serious accident, therefore Driving is a Health Risk!

LET US INCREASE THE TAX ON DRIVERS TO COMPENSATE!"

What do you think car insurance is for? lol

Right lets stop cherry picking words and quote mining, and more importantly misrepresenting scientific data. You talk about how smoking is therapeutic? Right well I went to the links and here's what I found.

1. You say smoking "a product that immunized against TB?" How about reading the articles you post, here's the link.
Nicotine
I think you'll find that nicotine is found in cigarettes, but it's not what does the physical harm to the lungs....duh! Here's a direct quote from the paper you referenced,

"If it proves itself in further study, people might swallow capsules of nicotine or get intravenous doses to stave off their TB in the future." Not cigarettes!!!

2. Smokeless tobacco, we're talking about smoking!
"The observation that smokeless tobacco users also have a lower risk of Parkinson's disease suggests that the most likely candidates are not compounds generated by combustion, but rather constituents of the tobacco leaves."

And from the same study that you support is states the following interesting line which I'm sure you'll ignore.

"Obviously smoking has a multitude of negative consequences."

3. "These findings have important implications for the follow-up of smokers after PCI and suggest that cross-study comparisons of rates of clinical restenosis must account for the potential confounding effect of smoking."
This study you referenced has only a link between less frequent repeated revascularization after percutaneous coronary intervention. As the above quote states, there needs to be follow up cross-study comparisons to see if the benefits outweigh the negatives...which they probably don't, as seen with your TB study.


And yea you do need to do my research for me, because it's you trying prove something and as I've just slaughtered any point you had proves that there is no research backing the therapeutic effects for me to find in the first place!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-20-2010, 11:05 AM
iHIMself™ iHIMself™ is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 134
Default Re: big ciggarrette cover up

Quote:
Originally Posted by superted View Post
"If it proves itself in further study, people might swallow capsules of nicotine or get intravenous doses to stave off their TB in the future." Not cigarettes!!!

2. Smokeless tobacco, we're talking about smoking!
Don't you think you are being a bit ridiculous? Oh no, smoking doesn't have benefits, its nicotine, and the constituents found in tobacco leaves! Yeah, don't smoke it, shoot it up. OMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by superted View Post
"Obviously smoking has a multitude of negative consequences."!
Yeah well, sorry mum, but so does farting. Don't tell me you support a fart tax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superted View Post
"And yea you do need to do my research for me, because it's you trying prove something and as I've just slaughtered any point you had proves that there is no research backing the therapeutic effects for me to find in the first place! ."
slaughtered. lol. Man, you're out for the count. You are totally in denial. There's plenty of research backing therapeutic effects. You are just too biased and wilfully ignorant about it.

I get worse doses of toxins while pumpin gas in my car than I do from cigarettes. You have taken that health risk crap hook, line and sinker.

Why are you in the conspiracy forums? Because you think the govt is wonderful, and cares about your health? If they did, there wouldn't be ANY child waiting for a transplant.

If people want to smoke, let them smoke! But do whatever it takes to prevent these tobacco empires from drowning these plants in countless poisons. Let them smoke REAL tobacco, and I bet there wouldn't be a cigarette problem at all.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.