Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Science
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Hyper M0derator

Default Re: The Space Shuttle and the ISS are a Hoax!

Scientists use science, they didn't invent it. I believe most scientists are trustworthy but there are a few bad apples, as per every profession. When a team of scientists publish a paper in well respected journal, I will take their findings as gospel because peer reviewed journals follow strict and unbiased rules. How those papers and results are construed and skewed by media is not the fault of scientists and definitely not the fault of science.

Your a fine example yourself blue, you posted earlier about how pesticides cause ADHD. There is absolutely no causative link established and the fine research scientists at the top university in the world (harvard) that wrote the paper do not claim there to be a proved link either. It's people like yourself and the masses that see the media headline, "Pesticides cause ADHD" and BOOM every1 just believes it.

Of course the same sheep then a few years down the line find out that something else causes ADHD and guess who gets the blame....the media....the politicians....no the poor scientists.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superted View Post
Scientists use science, they didn't invent it. I believe most scientists are trustworthy but there are a few bad apples, as per every profession. When a team of scientists publish a paper in well respected journal, I will take their findings as gospel because peer reviewed journals follow strict and unbiased rules. How those papers and results are construed and skewed by media is not the fault of scientists and definitely not the fault of science.

Your a fine example yourself blue, you posted earlier about how pesticides cause ADHD. There is absolutely no causative link established and the fine research scientists at the top university in the world (harvard) that wrote the paper do not claim there to be a proved link either. It's people like yourself and the masses that see the media headline, "Pesticides cause ADHD" and BOOM every1 just believes it.

Of course the same sheep then a few years down the line find out that something else causes ADHD and guess who gets the blame....the media....the politicians....no the poor scientists.
Excuse me, ted, but I posted information about a recent report that ADHD is the cause of pesticides on vegetables and fruits.

I didn't state this to be my opinion nor did I conduct the study and I don't consider you to have any pertinent knowledge regarding this topic so stop pretending that you do.

First you don't trust any scientists.

Now you trust some.

Make up your mind.

How can you possibly trust science completely and not scientists when many SCIENTIFIC facts are the result of research and study by scientists using science?

Last edited by BlueAngel : 05-18-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:53 PM

how was the space shuttle a fake
we all see them going into space a hundred times
Old 05-18-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:

Scientists use science, they didn't invent it
at long last somone with some common sense
Old 05-18-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
Scientists use science, they didn't invent it
at long last somone with some common sense
Kindly quote which member said that scientists invented science.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:49 AM
Hyper M0derator

Blue, your really starting to bore me. How about stop being so pedantic? It comes across very childish, your not a kid are you?

"How can you possibly trust science completely and not scientists when many SCIENTIFIC facts are the result of research and study by scientists using science?"

Pedantic, pedantic, pedantic. Look here's a simple analogy that most people will understand.

If there's a disease called the blue-annoyance which so far can't be cured but only managed. A team of pharmaceutical scientists invent a new drug to treat it, drug 'A'. Now there's currently a med out right now and it reduces morbidity by 20%, drug 'B'. A study is carried out by another team of scientists across the world in the US and there peer reviewed and published journal shows very clearly that drug A reduces morbidity by an astonishing 80%. Similar studies are carried out in respective countries and they all come up with similar results.

The example above shows that you don't need to trust a single scientist, the paper contains lots of background writing, discussion, etc but really all that matters are the results. Plain old numbers on a page that clearly state that drug A works better, numbers do NOT lie, only the way the numbers are INTERPRETED can be false. So simply, if you don't trust scientists themselves then read their paper, check their facts and figures and come up with your conclusions.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
"The question, "Do we even exist?" is PHILOSOPHY and not SCIENCE.

Scientists assume to already know the answer to that question."

Did I say it was science? And no science hasn't already proved that, it can't ever prove that! Who says that I have really have fingers and that I'm actually typing on a keyboard right now and that your not a pedantic moron?
I can't believe you had the audacity superted to call me a "pedantic moron".

Your problem is you can't stand people being cleverer and better educated than yourself.

I have been very patient in explaining scientific and technical matters and would expect a little more respect in return.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Hyper M0derator

"Your problem is you can't stand people being cleverer and better educated than yourself."

Well when you come out with a comment as mature and witty as that then I conceit defeat, you are obviously more educated than me!

"I have been very patient in explaining scientific and technical matters and would expect a little more respect in return."

Patient eh? Respect eh? Are you serious? Let us slowly go through our conversation.

1. I politely and kindly question your previous post.

2. The first paragraph of your reply is simply the word, "No." You try to explain it but it doesn't answer my question.

3. I actually say your probably right, and ask a series of related but completely different questions that you haven't answered or even tried to answer yet.

4. You throw the toys out of the pram. "superted, you appear to be a slow learner." No need to insult but I guess that's what "more educated" people do to win debates eh?

You know what I think your problem is gale, just like others on here that has tried to blind with science falsely has been caught out by me and now that I'm pressing you on your 'calculations' you throw the toys out of the pram instead of simply answering my straight questions, why, because your talking total nonsense?
Old 05-19-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Blue, your really starting to bore me. How about stop being so pedantic? It comes across very childish, your not a kid are you?

"How can you possibly trust science completely and not scientists when many SCIENTIFIC facts are the result of research and study by scientists using science?"

Pedantic, pedantic, pedantic. Look here's a simple analogy that most people will understand.

If there's a disease called the blue-annoyance which so far can't be cured but only managed. A team of pharmaceutical scientists invent a new drug to treat it, drug 'A'. Now there's currently a med out right now and it reduces morbidity by 20%, drug 'B'. A study is carried out by another team of scientists across the world in the US and there peer reviewed and published journal shows very clearly that drug A reduces morbidity by an astonishing 80%. Similar studies are carried out in respective countries and they all come up with similar results.

The example above shows that you don't need to trust a single scientist, the paper contains lots of background writing, discussion, etc but really all that matters are the results. Plain old numbers on a page that clearly state that drug A works better, numbers do NOT lie, only the way the numbers are INTERPRETED can be false. So simply, if you don't trust scientists themselves then read their paper, check their facts and figures and come up with your conclusions.
And, do you think I care if I'm starting to bore you?

Answer:

NO.

I have a suggestion.

If you're bored.

Go somewhere else.

We're not here to entertain you.

Nothing I write comes across as childish or pendantic.

You would be describing yourself.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexander View Post
I can't believe you had the audacity superted to call me a "pedantic moron".

Your problem is you can't stand people being cleverer and better educated than yourself.

I have been very patient in explaining scientific and technical matters and would expect a little more respect in return.
Why can't you believe that ted had the audacity to call you a pedantic moron?

He called me the same.

You hit the nail on the head.

Ted cannot stand people being more clever and better educated than he is so he resorts to name-calling.

Therefore, I ask ted.

Who is it that displays childish behavior?

ANSWER:

Why, it's superted, of course.