Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2010, 09:27 AM

Default Re: big ciggarrette cover up

somone answer me this if you can
the gov of connecticut started this and other states steped in
that every time somone dies as a result of smoking the price of ciggarettes goes up. who gets the tail end of that. when the whole idea is to slow down the companys that make ciggarettes, by raiseing the price.. it cost more to make ciggarettes. but the smoker pays the price when it goes up. so if this is to fight the ciggarettet companys how are they paying more to make them when the buyer is the one that hands over the cash when the price goes up.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHIMself™ View Post
Copyrighted. Lol. Yes, dear Angel, indeed I am.

Note the ™

Seriously though, I go way back with mr. clubconspiracy. He does things for me, I do things for him. lol.

Really, though, I have no idea.

Wait, I'll look at my profile...BRB!!
Ask a simple question, get a simpleton answer.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:05 AM
Hyper M0derator

Are you some kind of simpleton ihimself??

"Huh? me? lol. You haven't been paying too much attention have you? I do believe in god"

I don't remember ever saying anything about the bible in that quote....you believe 100% that magic exists!!!!!! ARE ARE MAD, INSANE, CRAZY, A NUT JOB!!!!!!!

Oh yea back up your nonsense with quotes from the....bible LOL!! Yea I'll use that next time I need health advice. Oh and as for all those men that lived how long ago? Yea I think their medical advise is a little out of date....and anyway most of them are quote mined and so serve no purpose but to show how useless you are at arguing any kind of intelligent point yourself!

"Nearly all men die of their medicines, not of their diseases."

And....so what? Answer this smart guy, how many die without medicine and how much earlier?

Please ihimself, tell us all the noble profession you are educated and practice in? Which of the Great Universities did you attend?
Old 05-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superted View Post
I don't remember ever saying anything about the bible in that quote....you believe 100% that magic exists!!!!!! ARE ARE MAD, INSANE, CRAZY, A NUT JOB!!!!!!!
OMG man. Did you or did you not say that I believed in a man in the clouds?

Quote:
You believe in a man in the clouds and have not one shred of proof
Is that not referring directly to the bible? Or is it Jack in the beanstalk?

Quote:
Oh yea back up your nonsense with quotes from the....bible LOL!!
I.....quoted the bible once. So? For someone who hasn't read shite, you seem quite ignorantly biased. Or is it blissed?

Quote:
Yea I'll use that next time I need health advice. Oh and as for all those men that lived how long ago? Yea I think their medical advise is a little out of date....
Advice, not advise. No, it just goes to show how backward we have become. What do you need medicine for? Chemical imbalance perhaps?

Quote:
Answer this smart guy, how many die without medicine and how much earlier?
Are you suggesting that people die without medicine? And much earlier? Please provide the basis of your absurd assumptions.

Quote:
and anyway most of them are quote mined and so serve no purpose but to show how useless you are at arguing any kind of intelligent point yourself!
Yes, please let me know when YOUR intelligence kicks in. I think it is you, who is useless at arguing any point. Keep bringing on the insults, Dr rhetoric trainee, coz that's all you can do.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Hyper M0derator

.....ah.....sorry I don't know the bible that well....does it say that god resides in a cloud? I just thought that was a given, where else does a supernatural deity hang out these days? Considering you never actually see or hear him I assumed it was somewhere humans couldn't live - you know what I mean?? lol

Ah correcting spelling and/or grammar, the past resort of a beaten man!

You really are crazy, at first I thought you were simply bashing medicine cause I proved you wrong but you actually don't believe medicine does anything good......what planet are you on?

"Are you suggesting that people die without medicine? And much earlier? Please provide the basis of your absurd assumptions."

You are quite mad, aren't you? Just google smallpox, I haven't got time to explain the obvious.

"Dr rhetoric trainee" LOL you mean the kicker to all my arguments that proves me right every time? Yea I just if you ignore that then you win every time!
Old 05-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
somone answer me this if you can
the gov of connecticut started this and other states steped in
that every time somone dies as a result of smoking the price of ciggarettes goes up. who gets the tail end of that. when the whole idea is to slow down the companys that make ciggarettes, by raiseing the price.. it cost more to make ciggarettes. but the smoker pays the price when it goes up. so if this is to fight the ciggarettet companys how are they paying more to make them when the buyer is the one that hands over the cash when the price goes up.
It goes like this. Most who smoke are middle to low income earners. The wealthy smoke too, but who cares about them anyway. For the sake of this experiment, let's just stick to REAL population. The tobacco companies, as well as the government, including doctors, used to encourage the population to smoke, while at the same time, introducing seriously harmful chemicals in their production of ciggarettes.
After being exposed and facing huge litigations that would have indefinately destroyed the industry, they needed to figure out how they could get away with murder, and sustain it.
Now, on the pretence of caring for the health of their people, the government increased the prices, whilst providing huge advertising campaigns for these tobacco giants at tax payers expense. Remember when the prohibition of tobacco advertising kicked in? This was followed by mass campaigning of DON'T SMOKE, NO SMOKING, signage and advertising everywhere you went. This is text book 'subliminal advertising'. Reminding the smoker CONTINUOUSLY, everywhere they went. And reminding NONsmokers, about ciggarettes, everywhere they went. All this, under the pretence of caring for the health of the people, while turning a blind eye, giving tobacco companies free reign to introduce whatever toxins they desired into their products. And still do.

If the government cared to minimise the gross amounts of profits these companies make, they would impose taxes on those profits. But they don't.
It is a disgusting scam they know will not fail. Why? Because people want to smoke, are reminded to smoke, and even if they don't smoke, are always reminded anyway. Subliminal advertising at its best.
If they really wanted to destroy these companies, or at least hurt their profits, why not legalise the cultivation of tobacco? They never will. Because it is a scam. A blatant scam on an ever content population.

Who gets the end of it? They all do. And taxpayers foot the bill. Smokers or not. But they care for out health....BULLSH*T!!

Legalise the cultivation of tobacco. Chemical free, and if the public were to do so, would smoke nowhere near as much. Imagine that. Exactly. Imagine, coz it will never happen in reality. It is a multi trillion dollar industry. We are talking absolute global empires.

Last edited by iHIMself™ : 05-28-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Free Member

Quote:
.....ah.....sorry I don't know the bible that well....does it say that god resides in a cloud? I just thought that was a given, where else does a supernatural deity hang out these days? Considering you never actually see or hear him I assumed it was somewhere humans couldn't live - you know what I mean?? lol

Ah correcting spelling and/or grammar, the past resort of a beaten man!

You really are crazy, at first I thought you were simply bashing medicine cause I proved you wrong
Hahahaha.....please show me where on earth you beat me?

For one you keep saying that I believe in a deity.

I am alive ....I am life...God is Life...I am God.

Am I that deity??? lmao

Second..i knew you were going to reference disease as a reason for medicine, but the truth is, disease is a cause of medicine.

And thirdly, a doctor should at least know how to spell, especially one who is demanding I state which'great university' I attended.

Let's make a fourthly.....you have NO argument. You are a kicker of the flaming turd pile left at your front door every morning.

And for that, I'm lighting a cancer stick. Because I want to goddammit.......and I can still afford it. Just not so many. lol

Last edited by iHIMself™ : 05-28-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
It goes like this. Most who smoke are middle to low income earners. The wealthy smoke too, but who cares about them anyway. For the sake of this experiment, let's just stick to REAL population. The tobacco companies, as well as the government, including doctors, used to encourage the population to smoke, while at the same time, introducing seriously harmful chemicals in their production of ciggarettes.
After being exposed and facing huge litigations that would have indefinately destroyed the industry, they needed to figure out how they could get away with murder, and sustain it.
Now, on the pretence of caring for the health of their people, the government increased the prices, whilst providing huge advertising campaigns for these tobacco giants at tax payers expense. Remember when the prohibition of tobacco advertising kicked in? This was followed by mass campaigning of DON'T SMOKE, NO SMOKING, signage and advertising everywhere you went. This is text book 'subliminal advertising'. Reminding the smoker CONTINUOUSLY, everywhere they went. And reminding NONsmokers, about ciggarettes, everywhere they went. All this, under the pretence of caring for the health of the people, while turning a blind eye, giving tobacco companies free reign to introduce whatever toxins they desired into their products. And still do.

If the government cared to minimise the gross amounts of profits these companies make, they would impose taxes on those profits. But they don't.
It is a disgusting scam they know will not fail. Why? Because people want to smoke, are reminded to smoke, and even if they don't smoke, are always reminded anyway. Subliminal advertising at its best.
If they really wanted to destroy these companies, or at least hurt their profits, why not legalise the cultivation of tobacco? They never will. Because it is a scam. A blatant scam on an ever content population.

Who gets the end of it? They all do. And taxpayers foot the bill. Smokers or not. But they care for out health....BULLSH*T!!

Legalise the cultivation of tobacco. Chemical free, and if the public were to do so, would smoke nowhere near as much. Imagine that. Exactly. Imagine, coz it will never happen in reality. It is a multi trillion dollar industry. We are talking absolute global empires.
Sorry, but you're wrong.

The tobacco companies do not and have never faced HUGE litigation's.

The dangers of smoking are advertised.

This leaves the tobacco companies held harmless.

Smoke at your own risk.

Ever hear of liquor companies and or beer companies who faced HUGE litigation's from people who suffer from cirrhosis of the liver?

Last edited by BlueAngel : 05-31-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:22 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Sorry, but you're wrong.

The tobacco companies do not and have never faced HUGE litigation's.

The dangers of smoking are advertised.

This leaves the tobacco companies held harmless.

Smoke at your own risk.
Sorry, Angel, you are wrong. Heh...fancy that. but I actually meant there was the very real possibility. ie facing...anyway..

I'll get some info regarding..

And if beverage companies were adding toxins specifically designed to addict you, I'm sure they would be facing their own. But the alcohol industry is quite an open market. Plenty of competition, unlike tobacco.

Quote:
OK, there's an option for custom User Title.

Last edited by iHIMself™ : 05-31-2010 at 02:37 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:34 AM
Free Member

Tobacco litigation can be divided into three distinct time frames based on the types of claims pursued and the legal theories on which those claims were based. The first wave of tobacco litigation (1954–1973) involved cases based mainly on the theories of deceit, breach of express and implied warranties, and NEGLIGENCE. Cases filed during the second wave of tobacco litigation (1983–1992) were based on the legal theories of failure to warn and strict liability. Neither of the first two waves of litigation proved to be successful for the plaintiffs.
The first wave of litigation was characterized by the tobacco industry's adamant claims that smoking and chewing tobacco products were not harmful to consumers. Plaintiffs during that time did not have the extensive medical studies demonstrating serious health consequences that are available today to support their claims. Thus, plaintiffs had a difficult time establishing the essential element of proximate cause (causal connection to the injury) in their tort cases. By the time of the second wave of tobacco litigation, the connection between smoking and illness had been firmly established, but the tobacco industry was still able to argue with great success that smokers assumed the risks of smoking by freely deciding to smoke. The FCLAA's requirement that a warning label be placed on all cigarette packaging and advertising supported the tobacco companies' defenses of contributory negligence and ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK.
During the first two waves of litigation, the tobacco companies were also successful in using their size and financial strength to make litigation as difficult as possible for the plaintiffs. The tobacco industry filed and argued every conceivable motion, took countless depositions, and sent out extensive interrogatories. As a result, it was extremely burdensome and expensive for plaintiffs and their attorneys to pursue their cases.

Read more: Tobacco - Tobacco Litigation Tobacco - Tobacco Litigation

So.......where were we......oh yes..

tobacco companies held harmless? no. Just untouchable.

Last edited by iHIMself™ : 06-02-2010 at 02:40 AM.