Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > Latest News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2010, 10:35 PM

Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

President Obama made a trip to the GULF.

300/400 BP hazmat workers arrived at the same time and planted themselves on the beach.

Never before have this many hazmat workers been on the beach according to one of the parish's Councilmen.

Twenty to thirty maximum was his report.

Obama is either:

(1) Dumb and dumber;

(2) Playing dumb;

(3) A puppet on a string;

(4) All of the above.

The hazmat workers arrived when Obama arrived and departed shortly after he departed.

You would think the President would DEMAND from BP that they deploy these 300/400 hazmat workers every day.

You would think.

But, I think not.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 05-30-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:17 PM

Look, fallacies.

I posted another comment on my thread.

Do you find this funny or, perhaps, you're one of those people who can't take a joke.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:59 AM
Banned

Expecting government to do anything efficiently or effectively is like hearding cats. Not that the private sector is all that much better since avarice, sloth, and risk taking are essential characteristics of human nature. The best society can ever do is to punish the offenders, which you an only do after the fact.

The president is not king, and comes with his own error prone, massive bureaucracy under him. While I am certainly no fan of the current administration, I do recognize the limitations of the office. Presidents receive far to much blame and far too much credit for things that happen under their watch. That being said, the response to this certainly could have been far better, and far faster, but I dont think it takes a conspiracy to have what is really quite normal human incompetence such as this.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallaciesAbound View Post
Expecting government to do anything efficiently or effectively is like hearding cats. Not that the private sector is all that much better since avarice, sloth, and risk taking are essential characteristics of human nature. The best society can ever do is to punish the offenders, which you an only do after the fact.

The president is not king, and comes with his own error prone, massive bureaucracy under him. While I am certainly no fan of the current administration, I do recognize the limitations of the office. Presidents receive far to much blame and far too much credit for things that happen under their watch. That being said, the response to this certainly could have been far better, and far faster, but I dont think it takes a conspiracy to have what is really quite normal human incompetence such as this.
Like I said, you would think the President/government would demand BP provide hundreds of hazmat workers, but I think not, so, therefore, I do not expect government to do anything effectively or efficiently.

Thank goodness fallacies is one of those Americans, 20 percent or so, who believe the President is handling the BP oil GUSH CRISIS effectively and efficiently.

Presidents are puppets.

They receive the blame and credit that their puppet masters orchestrate.

The blame rolls off their backs like a duck in water.

They don't sweat it and you shouldn't either, Mr. Sympathizer.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-01-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:57 PM

Default Re: well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane doe View Post
Mine is not a shallow grave. I was trying to delete my post and I was told, 2 characters were required.

now, BlueAngel can delete my 2 posts on this thread..if possible, please.

thanks.
You have the capability to delete your posts.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Like I said, you would think the President/government would demand BP provide hundreds of hazmat workers, but I think not, so, therefore, I do not expect government to do anything effectively or efficiently.

Thank goodness fallacies is one of those Americans, 20 percent or so, who believe the President is handling the BP oil GUSH CRISIS effectively and efficiently.

Presidents are puppets.

They receive the blame and credit that their puppet masters orchestrate.

The blame rolls off their backs like a duck in water.

They don't sweat it and you shouldn't either, Mr. Sympathizer.
How on Earth could you get the idea that I think Obama is doing a good job in any respect? I have never seen a poster in any forum so willfully misunderstand , misinterpret, and misrepresent the postings of others as I have with you.

What I was pointing out was that all governments are inherently inept and corrupt, at least once they get to a certain size. I am fortunate to live in an area populated by small towns. One thing always struck me about this area: even though we have all the usual problems that come with a town, and some unusual problems like repeated flooding, the budgets of my town and the ones around it always came in under budget every year. Is it because the people here are less corrupt? Hardly, a couple of our comptrollers are in the state pen for embezzling. Is it because we have fewer problems? Not really. Provide fewer services, absolutely not.

However, the one major difference is size. The budgets are smaller, so less pork and corruption can be hidden within them. There is less of a bureaucracy, so all processes move faster. Decision makers (now I know this is going to be a really hard concept to grasp, since we are all used to the federal government) MAKE DECISIONS. They don't wait for the opinions of twenty legal councils, or establish blue ribbon commissions to look into the matter. They just do it.

So the point I was making is that it is unreasonable to expect any president to rapidly respond to any problem for which a small military unit like the SEALS is unsuited. The bureaucracy, lawyering, and regulations slow the event-decision-response curve to a flatline. Sadly, Federalism seems to be dead, and the Federal government has grown to an unwieldy size, as ponderous as a three legged elephant. Expecting the help of the government is about as effectual as praying for rain.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
How on Earth could you get the idea that I think Obama is doing a good job in any respect? I have never seen a poster in any forum so willfully misunderstand , misinterpret, and misrepresent the postings of others as I have with you.

I don't misinterpret, misunderstand or misrepresent the postings of others.

I very accurately interpret and understand that which they write and respond to it accordingly.

I couldn't care any less that you have never seen any poster in any forum do that which you accuse me of doing because I don't do that which you accuse me of doing.

What are you the internet forum police?

Re-read your post that I replied to and then get back to me as to why I interperted what you wrote as indicating that you believe OBAMA is doing a good job.

What I was pointing out was that all governments are inherently inept and corrupt, at least once they get to a certain size. I am fortunate to live in an area populated by small towns. One thing always struck me about this area: even though we have all the usual problems that come with a town, and some unusual problems like repeated flooding, the budgets of my town and the ones around it always came in under budget every year. Is it because the people here are less corrupt? Hardly, a couple of our comptrollers are in the state pen for embezzling. Is it because we have fewer problems? Not really. Provide fewer services, absolutely not.

However, the one major difference is size. The budgets are smaller, so less pork and corruption can be hidden within them. There is less of a bureaucracy, so all processes move faster. Decision makers (now I know this is going to be a really hard concept to grasp, since we are all used to the federal government) MAKE DECISIONS. They don't wait for the opinions of twenty legal councils, or establish blue ribbon commissions to look into the matter. They just do it.

So the point I was making is that it is unreasonable to expect any president to rapidly respond to any problem for which a small military unit like the SEALS is unsuited. The bureaucracy, lawyering, and regulations slow the event-decision-response curve to a flatline. Sadly, Federalism seems to be dead, and the Federal government has grown to an unwieldy size, as ponderous as a three legged elephant. Expecting the help of the government is about as effectual as praying for rain.
I have no clue what point you are trying to make, and, quite frankly, I couldn't care any less because your point is pointless, Eire, the troll.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-03-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:11 PM

You know what, Mr. BP MILLIONAIRE oil executive, the fishermen in the Gulf coast would like to get back to their lives, too, but they can't because you've ruined them.

Stop the oil gush; send hundreds and hundreds of HAZMAT workers NOW to the shores of Louisiana to clean up your dirty oil and when you've accomplished this, just maybe, just maybe then you can get back to your cushy lifestyle.

If I were the Governor of the state of Louisiana, I would sue you and BP for every penny you have.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-03-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
I have no clue what point you are trying to make, and, quite frankly, I couldn't care any less because your point is pointless, Eire, the troll.
I thought it was a fairly obvious point I was making there. Not sure why you are having trouble understanding it. And there was not a single word in defense of Obie, so I am still not sure where you are getting that idea from.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I thought it was a fairly obvious point I was making there. Not sure why you are having trouble understanding it. And there was not a single word in defense of Obie, so I am still not sure where you are getting that idea from.
I have no trouble understanding anything.

I am certain you are aware of this fact.

Your comment was in defense of Obama.

Apparently, you are unable to comprehend that which you write, Eire, the troll.

But, that's okay.

That's why I'm here.

I decifer your written words for you.