Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > Latest News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-30-2010, 10:35 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,488
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!


President Obama made a trip to the GULF.

300/400 BP hazmat workers arrived at the same time and planted themselves on the beach.

Never before have this many hazmat workers been on the beach according to one of the parish's Councilmen.

Twenty to thirty maximum was his report.

Obama is either:

(1) Dumb and dumber;

(2) Playing dumb;

(3) A puppet on a string;

(4) All of the above.

The hazmat workers arrived when Obama arrived and departed shortly after he departed.

You would think the President would DEMAND from BP that they deploy these 300/400 hazmat workers every day.

You would think.

But, I think not.


Last edited by BlueAngel : 05-30-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-31-2010, 09:59 AM
FallaciesAbound FallaciesAbound is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 125
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

Expecting government to do anything efficiently or effectively is like hearding cats. Not that the private sector is all that much better since avarice, sloth, and risk taking are essential characteristics of human nature. The best society can ever do is to punish the offenders, which you an only do after the fact.

The president is not king, and comes with his own error prone, massive bureaucracy under him. While I am certainly no fan of the current administration, I do recognize the limitations of the office. Presidents receive far to much blame and far too much credit for things that happen under their watch. That being said, the response to this certainly could have been far better, and far faster, but I dont think it takes a conspiracy to have what is really quite normal human incompetence such as this.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-02-2010, 04:23 PM
FallaciesAbound FallaciesAbound is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 125
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
Like I said, you would think the President/government would demand BP provide hundreds of hazmat workers, but I think not, so, therefore, I do not expect government to do anything effectively or efficiently.

Thank goodness fallacies is one of those Americans, 20 percent or so, who believe the President is handling the BP oil GUSH CRISIS effectively and efficiently.

Presidents are puppets.

They receive the blame and credit that their puppet masters orchestrate.

The blame rolls off their backs like a duck in water.

They don't sweat it and you shouldn't either, Mr. Sympathizer.
How on Earth could you get the idea that I think Obama is doing a good job in any respect? I have never seen a poster in any forum so willfully misunderstand , misinterpret, and misrepresent the postings of others as I have with you.

What I was pointing out was that all governments are inherently inept and corrupt, at least once they get to a certain size. I am fortunate to live in an area populated by small towns. One thing always struck me about this area: even though we have all the usual problems that come with a town, and some unusual problems like repeated flooding, the budgets of my town and the ones around it always came in under budget every year. Is it because the people here are less corrupt? Hardly, a couple of our comptrollers are in the state pen for embezzling. Is it because we have fewer problems? Not really. Provide fewer services, absolutely not.

However, the one major difference is size. The budgets are smaller, so less pork and corruption can be hidden within them. There is less of a bureaucracy, so all processes move faster. Decision makers (now I know this is going to be a really hard concept to grasp, since we are all used to the federal government) MAKE DECISIONS. They don't wait for the opinions of twenty legal councils, or establish blue ribbon commissions to look into the matter. They just do it.

So the point I was making is that it is unreasonable to expect any president to rapidly respond to any problem for which a small military unit like the SEALS is unsuited. The bureaucracy, lawyering, and regulations slow the event-decision-response curve to a flatline. Sadly, Federalism seems to be dead, and the Federal government has grown to an unwieldy size, as ponderous as a three legged elephant. Expecting the help of the government is about as effectual as praying for rain.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-03-2010, 09:11 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,488
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

You know what, Mr. BP MILLIONAIRE oil executive, the fishermen in the Gulf coast would like to get back to their lives, too, but they can't because you've ruined them.

Stop the oil gush; send hundreds and hundreds of HAZMAT workers NOW to the shores of Louisiana to clean up your dirty oil and when you've accomplished this, just maybe, just maybe then you can get back to your cushy lifestyle.

If I were the Governor of the state of Louisiana, I would sue you and BP for every penny you have.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-03-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-03-2010, 10:33 PM
FallaciesAbound FallaciesAbound is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 125
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
I have no clue what point you are trying to make, and, quite frankly, I couldn't care any less because your point is pointless, Eire, the troll.
I thought it was a fairly obvious point I was making there. Not sure why you are having trouble understanding it. And there was not a single word in defense of Obie, so I am still not sure where you are getting that idea from.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-03-2010, 10:42 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,488
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallaciesAbound View Post
I thought it was a fairly obvious point I was making there. Not sure why you are having trouble understanding it. And there was not a single word in defense of Obie, so I am still not sure where you are getting that idea from.
I have no trouble understanding anything.

I am certain you are aware of this fact.

Your comment was in defense of Obama.

Apparently, you are unable to comprehend that which you write, Eire, the troll.

But, that's okay.

That's why I'm here.

I decifer your written words for you.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-03-2010, 10:59 PM
FallaciesAbound FallaciesAbound is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 125
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

Once again, you are wrong. I was not defending Obama, but stating my opinion that expecting any government, especially one run by a liberal democrat, as ponderous as the FED to actually move and get something done is preposterous. What does it matter to them? Elections swing on clever ad campaigns far more than they do on actual performance. Hell, even dingbat Bush was able to get two terms. So expecting the real world government to handle a situation effectively, especially one that is truly complicated and difficult in the best conditions (and this obviously is not) is tilting at windmills.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-03-2010, 11:20 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,488
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallaciesAbound View Post
Once again, you are wrong. I was not defending Obama, but stating my opinion that expecting any government, especially one run by a liberal democrat, as ponderous as the FED to actually move and get something done is preposterous. What does it matter to them? Elections swing on clever ad campaigns far more than they do on actual performance. Hell, even dingbat Bush was able to get two terms. So expecting the real world government to handle a situation effectively, especially one that is truly complicated and difficult in the best conditions (and this obviously is not) is tilting at windmills.
Once again, I'm not wrong.

You were defending Obama.

I re-direct you to your previous comments.

You can say that you weren't, but your comment implies otherwise.

I don't expect anything for the people from our government ever.

Remember, they abused me.

That's exactly what I expect from them for all of us.

Abuse.

However, I will continue to hold their feet to the fire.

That's the difference between you and me.

I don't excuse them.

You do, Eire, the troll.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-03-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:11 PM
FallaciesAbound FallaciesAbound is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 125
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

I am not excusing them in the least. Why do you continue to mis-represent my argument? You are focusing in on one man,Obama (and I just bet it was Bush before that) and you are failing to see that the problem is with the entire system. It has grown too large to ever be effective, and so large that all manner of corruption can easily get swallowed up in it. All thanks to dumbass progressive liberals and their welfare state, and nannyist RW religious types that want to regulate everyone's life according to a book written in committee 2000 years ago. There need not be some group of Bilderburgers or a Springsteen cult running things for BS like the spill to happen. Its the tyrany of ignorance and apathy that has created this situation. As society got easier people became more and more complacent about things that affect their lives in dramatic ways. Like basic economics and accountability of public office. You want a conspiracy, just look no farther than the NEA. They have been constantly dumbing down our kids so that they can blame the problem on lack of funding and demand higher salaries for their members. You want to fight the power, start with the public sector unions.....then you might have something.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-05-2010, 05:42 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,488
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallaciesAbound View Post
I am not excusing them in the least. Why do you continue to mis-represent my argument? You are focusing in on one man,Obama (and I just bet it was Bush before that) and you are failing to see that the problem is with the entire system. It has grown too large to ever be effective, and so large that all manner of corruption can easily get swallowed up in it. All thanks to dumbass progressive liberals and their welfare state, and nannyist RW religious types that want to regulate everyone's life according to a book written in committee 2000 years ago. There need not be some group of Bilderburgers or a Springsteen cult running things for BS like the spill to happen. Its the tyrany of ignorance and apathy that has created this situation. As society got easier people became more and more complacent about things that affect their lives in dramatic ways. Like basic economics and accountability of public office. You want a conspiracy, just look no farther than the NEA. They have been constantly dumbing down our kids so that they can blame the problem on lack of funding and demand higher salaries for their members. You want to fight the power, start with the public sector unions.....then you might have something.
I don't misrepresent you.

You misrepresent yourself.

Yeah.

Right.

I fail to see that the problem is with the entire system.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with my posts on this forum and you'll see that I denounce the system of control over our leaders and representatives.

I never focus on one man and I have never focused on Obama, himself.

You did.

I don't want a conspiracy.

There is a conspiracy and I'm exposing it.

You want to blame the people for being complacent.

The fact of the matter is that they aren't complacent.

They just simply do not have any power.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-05-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.