Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Science
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2010, 08:35 PM

Default Re: MMR vaccine causes autism

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallaciesAbound View Post
You must think that all scientific studies are inherently tendentious from the start, but blinding eliminates this if done properly. I seriously doubt anyone on this site has ever done a PubMed search and actually looked at this information. Seems most are too afraid to have their opinions challenged, as if it were a cardinal sin to be wrong. If you can find a well structured study that even shows correlation, if not causation, please post it. Otherwise, all you have is conjecture and hot air.
Please re-read my comment and provide an appropriate response.

Thank you.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Banned

Oh, I did read it. Its the line at the end about "Just as They desire" that leads me to think you still have some doubt. Could be wrong though.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Oh, I did read it. Its the line at the end about "Just as They desire" that leads me to think you still have some doubt. Could be wrong though.
Thanks for another reply that doesn't make any sense.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again, Eire, the troll.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Banned

I cant help it if you read at a second grade level, since you also didnt understand my VERY simple statement in the Aliens thread. You said that the discrediting of Wakefield was "Just as they want". First, who is the "they", and second:what could they possibly gain from this? mmmm?

Oh, and the names Ted. At least get that part right.

Last edited by FallaciesAbound : 06-05-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I cant help it if you read at a second grade level, since you also didnt understand my VERY simple statement in the Aliens thread. You said that the discrediting of Wakefield was "Just as they want". First, who is the "they", and second:what could they possibly gain from this? mmmm?

Oh, and the names Ted. At least get that part right.
I can't help it that you write at a second grade level.

If you don't know who "THEY" are, you shouldn't be on this site.

What could they gain from this?

The fact that a doctor who appears to be "out to lunch" conducted research as to the link between vaccinations and autism and he has been discredited.

As I said, case closed.

NO other doctor will ever attempt to research the link between vaccinations and autism because the waters have been muddied by this doctor.

Just as they want it.

What is it that you would like me to get right as far as the name Ted?
Old 06-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
I can't help it that you write at a second grade level.

If you don't know who "THEY" are, you shouldn't be on this site.

What could they gain from this?

The fact that a doctor who appears to be "out to lunch" conducted research as to the link between vaccinations and autism and he has been discredited.

As I said, case closed.

NO other doctor will ever attempt to research the link between vaccinations and autism because the waters have been muddied by this doctor.

Just as they want it.

What is it that you would like me to get right as far as the name Ted?
I somehow doubt that. It certainly may be difficult to get funding given the preponderance of evidence against vaccines causing it. However, what you seem to be missing is that none of the "accredited" studies ever said that vaccines 100% do not cause autism. What they DID say was that there was no increased correlation with vaccines and autism, and that no causative factor could be determined or isolated. Could it still be possible? Sure, but it would have to involve a combination (probably genetic and environmental) as well. That increases the difficulty by quite a bit.
Are there toxins in vaccines...certainly...but in tiny tiny amounts. Unless you think the whole idea of dose-response curves us bunk, you cant rationally be concerned about that. Mark Crislip just did a fantastic podcast on the subject...if you have an open mind.