Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Current events > Latest News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-03-2010, 10:59 PM
FallaciesAbound FallaciesAbound is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 125
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!


Once again, you are wrong. I was not defending Obama, but stating my opinion that expecting any government, especially one run by a liberal democrat, as ponderous as the FED to actually move and get something done is preposterous. What does it matter to them? Elections swing on clever ad campaigns far more than they do on actual performance. Hell, even dingbat Bush was able to get two terms. So expecting the real world government to handle a situation effectively, especially one that is truly complicated and difficult in the best conditions (and this obviously is not) is tilting at windmills.

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-03-2010, 11:20 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallaciesAbound View Post
Once again, you are wrong. I was not defending Obama, but stating my opinion that expecting any government, especially one run by a liberal democrat, as ponderous as the FED to actually move and get something done is preposterous. What does it matter to them? Elections swing on clever ad campaigns far more than they do on actual performance. Hell, even dingbat Bush was able to get two terms. So expecting the real world government to handle a situation effectively, especially one that is truly complicated and difficult in the best conditions (and this obviously is not) is tilting at windmills.
Once again, I'm not wrong.

You were defending Obama.

I re-direct you to your previous comments.

You can say that you weren't, but your comment implies otherwise.

I don't expect anything for the people from our government ever.

Remember, they abused me.

That's exactly what I expect from them for all of us.

Abuse.

However, I will continue to hold their feet to the fire.

That's the difference between you and me.

I don't excuse them.

You do, Eire, the troll.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-03-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:11 PM
FallaciesAbound FallaciesAbound is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 125
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

I am not excusing them in the least. Why do you continue to mis-represent my argument? You are focusing in on one man,Obama (and I just bet it was Bush before that) and you are failing to see that the problem is with the entire system. It has grown too large to ever be effective, and so large that all manner of corruption can easily get swallowed up in it. All thanks to dumbass progressive liberals and their welfare state, and nannyist RW religious types that want to regulate everyone's life according to a book written in committee 2000 years ago. There need not be some group of Bilderburgers or a Springsteen cult running things for BS like the spill to happen. Its the tyrany of ignorance and apathy that has created this situation. As society got easier people became more and more complacent about things that affect their lives in dramatic ways. Like basic economics and accountability of public office. You want a conspiracy, just look no farther than the NEA. They have been constantly dumbing down our kids so that they can blame the problem on lack of funding and demand higher salaries for their members. You want to fight the power, start with the public sector unions.....then you might have something.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-05-2010, 05:42 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallaciesAbound View Post
I am not excusing them in the least. Why do you continue to mis-represent my argument? You are focusing in on one man,Obama (and I just bet it was Bush before that) and you are failing to see that the problem is with the entire system. It has grown too large to ever be effective, and so large that all manner of corruption can easily get swallowed up in it. All thanks to dumbass progressive liberals and their welfare state, and nannyist RW religious types that want to regulate everyone's life according to a book written in committee 2000 years ago. There need not be some group of Bilderburgers or a Springsteen cult running things for BS like the spill to happen. Its the tyrany of ignorance and apathy that has created this situation. As society got easier people became more and more complacent about things that affect their lives in dramatic ways. Like basic economics and accountability of public office. You want a conspiracy, just look no farther than the NEA. They have been constantly dumbing down our kids so that they can blame the problem on lack of funding and demand higher salaries for their members. You want to fight the power, start with the public sector unions.....then you might have something.
I don't misrepresent you.

You misrepresent yourself.

Yeah.

Right.

I fail to see that the problem is with the entire system.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with my posts on this forum and you'll see that I denounce the system of control over our leaders and representatives.

I never focus on one man and I have never focused on Obama, himself.

You did.

I don't want a conspiracy.

There is a conspiracy and I'm exposing it.

You want to blame the people for being complacent.

The fact of the matter is that they aren't complacent.

They just simply do not have any power.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-05-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-05-2010, 06:39 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

Obama says:

President Barack Obama pledged Saturday in his weekly radio and Internet address to fight the spill with the people of the Gulf Coast. His words for [COLOR=#366388 !important][COLOR=#366388 !important]oil [COLOR=#366388 !important]giant [/color][COLOR=#366388 !important]BP [/color][COLOR=#366388 !important]PLC[/color][/color][/color] were stern: "We will make sure they pay every single dime owed to the people along the Gulf coast."

-------------------------------------------------

Really, Obama?

You're going to make sure that BP pays every single dime that is owed to the people along the Gulf Coast?

You said it.

Now we expect you to do it.

Just so we're clear.

This will include providing a YEARLY compensation to all of the fisherman who have lost their livelihoods due to BP's negligence for as many years as they are unable to resume their employment.

This will also include compensation to the states and local businesses for all of the years that they suffer lack of tourism due to BP's negligence.

You're also going to make sure that BP sends out hundreds and hundreds of HAZMAT workers to clean up the beaches.

Sounds good to me.

Make BP compensate the people and the state for loss of income and tourism for as many years as this oil catastrophe affects them and demand that BP send out hundreds of hazmat workers as they did when you arrived in the Gulf Coast and disappeared when you left.

Make good on your promises.

Otherwise, you're just blowing smoke.

Just like every other politician who speaks from both sides of his mouth in order to appease the people, but, in reality, does nothing.

So, then you're going to make BP "pay the price."

Just want to make sure that we're clear.

Are we clear?

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-05-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-08-2010, 02:21 AM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

Bump!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-08-2010, 03:16 AM
RedAngel RedAngel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 25
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

BP themselves anounced a few days ago that they will pay for everything.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-09-2010, 09:16 AM
FallaciesAbound FallaciesAbound is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 125
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
I don't misrepresent you.

You misrepresent yourself.

Yeah.

Right.

I fail to see that the problem is with the entire system.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with my posts on this forum and you'll see that I denounce the system of control over our leaders and representatives.

I never focus on one man and I have never focused on Obama, himself.

You did.

I don't want a conspiracy.

There is a conspiracy and I'm exposing it.

You want to blame the people for being complacent.

The fact of the matter is that they aren't complacent.

They just simply do not have any power.
What is power except the concentration of interests onto one or a few individuals? Please explain to the group how you could have an egalitarian political system where "the people" have the power.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-09-2010, 10:30 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallaciesAbound View Post
What is power except the concentration of interests onto one or a few individuals? Please explain to the group how you could have an egalitarian political system where "the people" have the power.
Power in this world does not rest in the concentration of interests onto one or a few individuals.

One or few individuals is a gross understatement.

You are the person who accused the people of being complacent.

I pointed out that the people aren't complacent.

They simply do not have the power.

I never said there could be an egalitarian political system where the people have the power so why have you requested that I explain it?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-09-2010, 10:35 PM
BlueAngel BlueAngel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10,799
Default Re: The BP Oil Gush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAngel View Post
BP themselves anounced a few days ago that they will pay for everything.
Glad to hear that they're going to pay for EVERYTHING!

Must keep the pressure on them for as long as they ALLOW this oil gusher to continue.

Certainly, they'll have to reimburse all of the businesses who have lost and will continue to lose revenue due to lack of tourism, eh?

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-09-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.