Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Social Engineering
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2010, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Does schooling do what we think? NO!

BlueAngel, I don't know if your trying to be funny or that you really are constantly wrong in numerous posts, how many different people through various posts through various years will it take before you realise that in fact - YOU ARE WRONG! lol

Old 06-15-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAngel View Post
BlueAngel, I don't know if your trying to be funny or that you really are constantly wrong in numerous posts, how many different people through various posts through various years will it take before you realise that in fact - YOU ARE WRONG! lol
RedAngel,

I'm not trying to be funny and I'm not constantly wrong in numerous posts no matter how many times you have ascertained that people through various posts claim that I am.

Just because you and others claim that I'm wrong, doesn't mean it is so.

I say the same about you and those various others.

That you are wrong.

The difference is that when I say you're wrong, you're wrong.

When you say I'm wrong, I'm not.

I wasn't trying to be funny, but truly, what I said is funny.

LOL!

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-15-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Banned

Glad to know that you are the final arbiter of fact.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallaciesAbound View Post
Glad to know that you are the final arbiter of fact.
I'm thrilled that because you consider me to be the final arbiter of fact this has made you glad.

I delight in making people happy.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-15-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:33 AM

Most of what I learned was from after what little schooling I did attend. I learnt more outside of the restrictive academic school environment and more from people who have really experienced life and usually through having to experience tough life experiences.

When you are in a classroom environment, the teacher only wants to teach you what information they have.

Doesn't matter if the information is completely wrong it's a case of what I am teaching you cannot be questioned or debated in any shape or form.

I can't stand totalitarian teaching methods like that. I think students should be able to chose what they want to learn rather than what the education system wants them to learn.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Banned

Are you saying that there should be no standards for educational rigor? I guess fewer people will know anything about algebra then lol.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:07 PM

I think there should have more flexibility in what students can chose to do. I actually quite like algebra. I have just started the basics of it recently. Education Certainly needs high standards but it also needs to be flexible to the students needs. Currently that is not the case. Every kid in school is different. Some are brilliant at maths, some are brilliant at sports and then you have kids who are artistic geniuses.

These are all strengths that kids in school can build on and use later in life. What the Education systems of the world need is a special government education program that effects all schools private, public and belief based. That recognizes students greatest skills and helps to build and foster those skills over many ongoing years. Keep the three R's but don't make it mandatory as some people are just not academically minded and lean more towards the tactile studies such as metal work, mechanics, woodwork and/or sports.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Banned

I couldnt care less what the kids think, since the reason that they are in school is because they dont know anything, lol. However, I do think that we need more choice in education, preferably though competition and vouchers the way most of Europe does.

Glad you like algebra. I am frankly sick of having to teach my trainees the basics just so they can calculate a simple fuel flow rate.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:33 PM

The writer's comments were about there being more flexibility in what student's can choose to do and these options being provided for by the school system and your reply is as follows:

Who cares what the kid's think.

They're in school because they don't know anything.

Tyical response from fallaciesabound a/k/a eireengineer.

Condescending and critical.

This is what we have come to expect from you.

Nothing more and nothing less.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-17-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Banned

It was a bit more than that, but I can see my joke was a little over your head. If children are wise, intelligent, and educated enough to make their own decisions about anything important...why does society exempt them from contracts, voting, and all of the other responsibilities adulthood? It is precisely because they are not capable of making potentially damaging decisions. Sure, their parents should take their opinions into account, but it is the parents job, not the childs, to make the decisions about their education.