Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Unexplainable Discussions > Out of this World Discussions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2010, 12:35 AM
Banned

Default Re: Aliens May Exist But Contact Would Hurt Humans; Hawkings

Well, you are half right about this tiny debate .

Old 06-16-2010, 07:56 AM

I thought this post was regarding The existence of aliens and Stephen Hawkings view that they would harm us. But instead it seems to have morphed into Clash of the Egos. I have to say that many topics on this site turn into petty and pointless arguments that seem to have no relation to topic being Discussed. I still think Stephen Hawking is wrong and that we're the bigger threat to other intelligent life in the universe. The other thing that really annoys me is why do Space ships not have Anti Kinetic Shielding systems in place. I think that should have been incorporated into the Apollo 11 Mission to the moon before the space craft was even allowed to take off. It may have taken another 40 years longer to develop the technology required but safe space travel would be much better. No more worries about micrometeorites and space debris hitting space craft or the space station either. Also if anyone is to say that inventing Anti Kinetic Shielding is not possible, then look at the Atom Bomb.

Such a hideous and horrific weapon probably considered impossible or purely science fiction by many scientists at the turn of the 20th Century. It just goes to prove that humanity can create and overcome any obstacle if they are determined enough and/or are faced with adversity.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Banned

Ok, you piqued my curiosity with the kinetic shielding. I assume you mean like the Inertial Dampeners on Star Trek? Since mass, and therefore inertia, are essential properties of matter, I dont really see how you could change that. Plus, I dont see what the atom bomb has to do with it, but Im not exactly Oppenheimer. Could you please explain how such a system would work?
Old 06-16-2010, 05:16 PM

Yea your right writer, lots of topics here degrade into blueangel going mad - talking nonsense and then thinks the whole world is wrong and she is correct....I mean....lol...HUH!?!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:54 PM

Something like Inertial Dampeners would indeed be what the spacecraft need, The thing is I don't think any scientist has yet tried to recreate star trek style shielding.

Also FA you seem to have a scientific background so I was wondering if you knew if Argon Lasers would work in space. Purely to use for self defense against asteroids when passing through an asteroid field an defend against possible hostile aliens.

Because I also think there are also intelligent war like alien societies like us as well. Who may also be around our technological level.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:30 AM

"Because I also think there are also intelligent war like alien societies like us as well. Who may also be around our technological level."

Surely it's unlikely we'll ever travel much further than our solar system due to technological constriants, in my opinion. Therefore any alien societies that are intelligent AND travel here, will have technology (which would have to be beyond our comprehension) far in superior to our own and simply wipe us off the face of the universe if they so want to.

NOTE: I don't believe its very likely there are any intelligent aliens.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by writer1981 View Post
Something like Inertial Dampeners would indeed be what the spacecraft need, The thing is I don't think any scientist has yet tried to recreate star trek style shielding.

Also FA you seem to have a scientific background so I was wondering if you knew if Argon Lasers would work in space. Purely to use for self defense against asteroids when passing through an asteroid field an defend against possible hostile aliens.

Because I also think there are also intelligent war like alien societies like us as well. Who may also be around our technological level.
There is a good reason they havent tried: Even if inertial dampening were possible, we certainly are not anywhere near the techoligical level required.

Argon lasers are pretty puny instruments from what I have read. I dont think a few milliwatts of light is going to disturb a pebble, much less an alien ship. Better to develop high energy, high velocity plasma cannon instead.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallaciesAbound View Post
There is a good reason they havent tried: Even if inertial dampening were possible, we certainly are not anywhere near the techoligical level required.

Argon lasers are pretty puny instruments from what I have read. I dont think a few milliwatts of light is going to disturb a pebble, much less an alien ship. Better to develop high energy, high velocity plasma cannon instead.
FA doesn't have a scientific background.

His father did.

Yeah.

I agree.

Better to develop high energy, high velocity plasma cannon instead.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
FA doesn't have a scientific background.

His father did.

Yeah.

I agree.

Better to develop high energy, high velocity plasma cannon instead.
WTF are you talking about? My dad was a pipe fitter.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallaciesAbound View Post
WTF are you talking about? My dad was a pipe fitter.
Well, then, you must have two Dads.

Last edited by BlueAngel : 06-25-2010 at 10:58 PM.