Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > The media
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2011, 05:03 AM

Default Why are the "Movies" So Naff?

When I watch movies at home I sit down expecting a short evening of entertainment but half way through I will start thinking, "How long does this film go on for?"

Let's face it the movie must be boring if your thinking that half way through.....!

Looking at the matter critically I often observe that the acting is very good, indeed the acting in most movies is of a very high standard indeed. Also the overall quality of the production is very high.

So what is the problem exactly?

It's the storyline, the script.

It's just so often the case that no imagination has gone into the storyline at all. It's one platitude after another. And you often left thinking, "I could have written a better storyline myself".

I once watched a documentary on TV about the film industry and one of the chief scriptwriters in the American film industry was interviewed. And believe me it was very much a case of seeing is believing! He had long hair passed his shoulders, wore a studded denim jacket, wasn't exactly eloquent either and looked everything like a biker (in fact I'm sure he probably was).

Well if people like this are writing the scripts is it a surprise they are a bit on the boring side?

Another practice I have heard of regarding scriptwriting are scripts written through the "Old Boy Network". In other words some leading politician in the US or some other person of influence has own efforts at scriptwriting accepted by some buddy in the film industry.

And of course the results are going to be rather amateurish and self-indulgent..............

So the next time you see that shocking "video nasty" at the cinema, just think some leading statesman could have written the storyline.............!

Last edited by galexander : 04-02-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Why are the "Movies" So Naff?

For many years, movies have gone downhill. Budget cuts and layoffs. Which means, they are restricted to make movies like they used to. And, the storyline sometimes get lost in the ruffle.

I thought The Godfather trilogy was long. But it was worth watching. Same as Scarface and a couple of others.

They don't make movies like they used to.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theconspiracist View Post
For many years, movies have gone downhill. Budget cuts and layoffs. Which means, they are restricted to make movies like they used to. And, the storyline sometimes get lost in the ruffle.

I thought The Godfather trilogy was long. But it was worth watching. Same as Scarface and a couple of others.

They don't make movies like they used to.
Well that's a coincidence because the other day I watched Scarface because it was a film I remember I really enjoyed when it first came out on video.

However I quickly realised the reason I enjoyed it the first time was because I was still a teenager at the time and watching the film in the company of my parents gave it that "novelty" factor.

Watching it again I thought the film was absolutely terrible. It glamorizes people who at the end of the day are just a***holes.

Not being filmed in digital it looked 'old' as well.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:54 AM

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed both Scarface and The Godfather Trilogy. It was both long, but definitely worth watching. I have both on DVD boxsets.

These days, when movies like "Jackass 3-D" and others come out, it makes me cringe. I mean, has Hollywood really gone mad? Have they really run out of ideas? Man, that is why I buy or rent movies. Today, movies totally suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galexander View Post
Well that's a coincidence because the other day I watched Scarface because it was a film I remember I really enjoyed when it first came out on video.

However I quickly realised the reason I enjoyed it the first time was because I was still a teenager at the time and watching the film in the company of my parents gave it that "novelty" factor.

Watching it again I thought the film was absolutely terrible. It glamorizes people who at the end of the day are just a***holes.

Not being filmed in digital it looked 'old' as well.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:43 AM

There is no more Showbusiness. Now it's Entertainment Industry. No one is making movies anymore, only 'products'. It's consumerism.