Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > General Conspiracy Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2010, 03:06 AM
Free Member

Default Re: big ciggarrette cover up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel View Post
THERE is a reason why a warning label as to the risks and dangers of smoking cigarettes is placed on every pack that is sold around the globe and it it isn't because the tobacco companies are looking out for our health.

It is so the cigarette manufacturers can be held harmless from any litigation brought forward due to health issues caused by smoking cigarettes.

In this respect, if litigation does arise, it is very difficult to prove that the medical condition the Plaintiff suffered or is suffering was the direct result of smoking cigarettes.
Of course. But the health warnings do not state harm of smoking ciggarettes....it is harm of smoking tobacco...which in itself, is a lie. Tobacco does have its negatives, but also its positives. Ciggarettes, on the other hand, is tobacco drowned in over a million known chemicals.
But it is the government that is responsible for these warnings, not tobacco companies. So litigation, for allowing these tobacco companies to legally include these chemicals, and continuing to increase doses, may fall directly on the govt. itself.

Quote:
WARNING: Tobacco may not kill you, but the 1.2 million chemicals added to this tobacco WILL.

Surgeon General's Warning

Old 06-03-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHIMself™ View Post
Why are you skipping my comments? I have provided the info. Read it. It states that the tobacco companies faced litigation in three seperate timeframes.

But no, none of those were successful, but I didn't state that ciggarette companies were liable under litigation, I merely stated they FACED it.
None of the litigations were successful.

Thanks for proving my point.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:02 AM
Banned

Prior to the fairly recent movement of down with smoking, smoking was an
accepted practise publicly.

The health affects have always been alluded too in our time. The health
affects are still stated in the same way. Mainly may cause...

There's all kinds of stuff going on seemingly since the early 1990's.

You see it happening, your eyes are open to it. You don't see it happening,
you are none the wiser.

Harping about to different minded falls on deaf ears. Either way.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:00 AM

Hello,
yes i also heard about it and in many places this rule is applicable but i think this will not gonna effect that much and the people who want to buy they can buy.

thanks!!

Last edited by alicee : 04-06-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superted View Post
"Add that to the fact that there are other "independent" studies on smoking that show it isn't bad."

Could you provide a link please? As I just stated to ihimself, 85% of lung cancer suffers smoke.....and you think that somehow tobacco is ok for you? Get real!
I would have to get behind the concept of chemical pollution in cigarettes. It's a widely known fact that they put a bunch of crap in cigs to make them more addictive.

For this reason there is absolutely no proof on earth that tobacco alone causes cancer? In other words there is no proof that the chemicals added are not the cancer causing agents?

In order to prove that you would have to research thousands of people who grew organic tobacco and used it solely through out their lives. Show me where this has been done to continue any kind of debate?

What has been proven is two very important facts that are relevant to this issue. #1: Most chemicals used today are by and large created from fossil fuels. Everything from that flouride that's so damn good for you to the round up product that when sprayed kills all vegetation for like a year.Just so there's no argument here I do acknowledge that other substances are also used in chemicals but the fact that we are exposed to so much of this crap is hardly debatable. #2: It's a proven fact that being exposed to said fossil based products over extended periods causes cancer. In fact there is normally a warning to this effect posted on most gas pumps that almost everyone should have noticed at some point or another?

Having said that who has proven that tobacco causes cancer? It seems reasonably clear to me that no one has?

I don't want to get off topic here but just wanna throw in this little tidbit. It seems like the FDA and other Gov. areas as well condone the poisoning of the masses with all this chemical crap. MSG, aspartame, flouride and the list goes on and on.

Would people be motivated to use tobacco in the excesses that they do without all this chemical crap in it? Is it possible that if the government quit molesting the industry it would by nature solve this health crisis with out further intervention?

I admit that while I can not prove my theory is true I find it doubtful then any objective person can prove that it is not?
Old 04-24-2011, 11:30 PM

Chaser said:

"For this reason there is absolutely no proof on earth that tobacco alone causes cancer? In other words there is no proof that the chemicals added are not the cancer causing agents?"

Your comment doesn't make any sense.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Chaser said:

"For this reason there is absolutely no proof on earth that tobacco alone causes cancer? In other words there is no proof that the chemicals added are not the cancer causing agents?"

Your comment doesn't make any sense.
Hmmmm. It makes perfect sense to me but let me re word it.

The point I'm trying to make is "yes" it has been proven that tobacco PRODUCTS cause cancer. Let me be clear. I mean products that have all kinds of additives and chemicals added.

Is it these chemicals they add that cause the cancer or the tobacco itself???

It's been proven that smoking a pack of camels each day can and just might give you cancer. It has not however been proven that the cancer you might catch is caused by the tobacco in these cigarettes.

My point is chemicals like these are what give people cancer from smoking. Benzene
(petrol additive), Formaldehyde
(embalming fluid), Ammonia
(toilet cleaner), Acetone
(nail polish remover), Nicotine
(insecticide/addictive drug), Arsenic (rat poison). And almost 4000 other chemicals. Here is a link to a site that shows some of the chemicals added to cigarettes by tobacco companies. :The List of Additives in Cigarettes - Additives in Cigarettes

These chemicals are (in my opinion) what causes cancer and other sickness. Not tobacco itself. I hope that is clear enough for you to understand now?
Old 04-25-2011, 02:55 PM

It's also interesting to note that the reason cig companies get away with adding these chemicals to their products is because the FDA has approved them for use in food. I feel so much better knowing that after the very small amount of research I did to reply to this post I learned that Formaldehyde, Ammonia, Acetone, Arsenic and more are approved by the FDA for use in food. What's for supper?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:43 PM

I don't think you are certain of that which you write, therefore, the reason you end some of your statements with question marks.

Here, let me help you to clarify the point you are trying to make.

You believe that tobacco alone does not cause cancer.

You believe that the added chemicals increase the risk.

The same can be said about the food we ingest.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I don't think you are certain of that which you write, therefore, the reason you end some of your statements with question marks.

Here, let me help you to clarify the point you are trying to make.

You believe that tobacco alone does not cause cancer.

You believe that the added chemicals increase the risk.

The same can be said about the food we ingest.
Yes, that is what I believe. I make statements w/ question marks only when said statement can not be verified as fact.

It would be difficult for a 41 year old construction worker like me to prove that smoking these chemicals causes cancer or sickness. And that tobacco does not. But from where I sit that is how it looks to me based on what Information has been made available to me in my life time.