Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Freemasonry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2011, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Are the Masons evil?

This is true, you are allowed to assemble that has not been the point of our discussion. The point is whether a Christian knowing that the name of Christ is prohibited from being mentioned should continue in such an organization seeing that Christ is the person who is our Savior, if He is not to be honored then who, for a Christian, should be?. The point is that Freemansonry is not like any other club as you mentioned. It differs in that way and in others. But you know this, don't you see that this is all double speak?

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14

Last edited by JustTheTruth920 : 06-13-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:20 AM

This is from a yahoo answer, so who knows who is telling the truth, however this answer seems much more likely than what you have said. Also if King James had been a Mason why would he be happy with a translation that would be in conflict with Masonic teachings

From Yahoo answers: to the question was King James a Mason?
Wow, I feel like I need to put on my chest waders for stepping into this swamp...
King James was not a Mason, the fraternity was not officially established until almost a century after his death. The actual working guilds of stonemasons, and certain intellectual circles that eventually came together to create the Masonic fraternity, did exist in James' lifetime, but it is highly unlikely a king would have been involved with commoners of this kind in his time.

There is no "Masonic M hand sign". If you care to research art history, you will find the explanation for paintings, statues, (and later posed photographs) exhibiting this configuration of the hands has to do with proportion and directing the eye to focal points of the work. The technique dates back far beyond Freemasonry existing.

Masonry does not have or perform oaths, charms, devilish or black arts nor astrology. Masonry has an obligation, which is different than an oath. Charms, astrology, etc. are superstitions that defy reason as well as the Word of God, and are offensive therefore to every Mason.

Masonry cannot be demonstrated to hate King James. He was dead before Masonry even existed. The Bible he commissioned, The King James Version, is the one Bible held by EVERY Masonic Lodge in the world, no matter where the Lodge resides or the religious make-up of its members.

The information I have provided you is accurate and factual. I don't care what your site says. If it says otherwise about Masonry or how it relates to James himself, it is wrong.
Source(s):
-Freemason

Although the guy is not telling the truth about the oaths etc. My point is here is another Mason saying the opposite. Where did you get that King James was a Mason.

Again he did not translate the Bible but commissioned learned men to do so.
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 2 Corinthians 11:14

Last edited by JustTheTruth920 : 06-13-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:39 AM

King James I: Biography of King James I

The link above is his biography, he was a weak and sickly man, but a very learned man who was a devout Christian. There is no mention of being a Mason. Also why would a King associate with commoners as the Mason who answered the Yahoo question stated?
Also he was weak in body, isn't that a reason not to admit a man?
His life was devoted to study not Freemasonry. This is just another lie propogated by some in Freemasonry. King James is not alive to defend himself. So that is probably best not said.

In any case, he commissioned the translation and did not translate the Bible himself.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:46 AM

There was also a rumor that Billy Graham is a Freemason. This was been denied by the Billy Graham association, but Freemasons have the tendency to lie about who is or has been a Freemason. Why not? Lies are part and parcel of the "fraternity".
Old 06-13-2011, 03:53 AM

Did you know that rumors of King James being a Mason, or Billy Graham being a Mason or any other famous Christian being a Mason, even if true would not change a thing about my objections. Christ is above all for Christians. If you deny him before men, the Bible says he will deny you before the Father.
It seems very unlikely that King James would be part of a group that would not allow the mention of Christ's name in prayer. Or certainly that Billy Graham would be part of something like that, since his entire life is devoted to spreading the gospel. Something he would have been prohibited from doing as part of Freemasonry. It is ludicrous, the things that Masons will say to legitimize their organization.
You have already admitted that Jesus Christ can't be mentioned at meetings legally. People can say anything but that doesn't make it true. You'd have to have real proof about King James. Which you don't.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:35 AM

Once again it is really pointless to keep this up. I do agree, the Bible does not specify which kind of oath. I believe that a person who for religious reasons refuses to swear in in a court room is allowed to just say yes, I will tell the truth. But if you are comparing the bloody oaths of Freemasonry to oaths of office there is still a huge difference. I personally don't believe in taking oaths of any kind because of this scripture.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:37 AM

The first and foremost objection is the forbidding of using the name of Jesus inside of a lodge meeting. That one alone is enough to incriminate the lodge.
But there are many more reasons.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:21 AM
KYCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTheTruth920 View Post
Actually no, and you'd have to prove that. But he did not personally translate the Bible but rather he commissioned its translation. But of course you must have known that, right?
When King James was 35 he was initiated into Scoon and Perth Lodge #3 on April 15, 1601. He had a hand in a reorganization of Freemasonry in England. Also note that the KJV is the Bible used in most Masonic Lodges.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:31 AM
KYCH

Quote:
This is true, you are allowed to assemble that has not been the point of our discussion. The point is whether a Christian knowing that the name of Christ is prohibited from being mentioned should continue in such an organization seeing that Christ is the person who is our Savior, if He is not to be honored then who, for a Christian, should be?. The point is that Freemansonry is not like any other club as you mentioned. It differs in that way and in others. But you know this, don't you see that this is all double speak?
When I say my prayers I say them to Christ. To those who worship him he is not denied. Freemasonry is a religious tolerant organization and as such we use generic terms to not hold one above another. In most Lodges the Bible sits on the altar as their membership is primarily Christian. In some places you can see either the Torah or the Koran sitting there, and in some places you see all 3. It's up to the Lodge really.

What is the point of Freemasonry to you then?
Old 06-13-2011, 05:42 AM
KYCH

As for the Freemason who responded on Yahoo answers, he must not have known.

Quote:
Source: D. Crawford Smith and William James Hughan, History of the Ancient Masonic Lodge of Scoon and Perth (Number 3, The Lodge of Scone) Perth: Cowan and Company, Limited, 1898. Also see: Year Book of the Grand Lodge of Antient Free and Accepted Masons of Scotland 1990, p. 50. Note that the Contract or Mutual Agreement is the only record of this initiation, that this history was commissioned by the lodge to establish its claims of precedence, and there is no primary source documentation. Image: artist unknown 'detail'. Scottish National Portrait Gallery.
I also argue against the posters claim that ALL Masonic Lodges use the Bible because not all of them do. I know for a fact that there is a primarily Jewish Lodge in NY that doesn't use the Bible.

Quote:
Also if King James had been a Mason why would he be happy with a translation that would be in conflict with Masonic teachings
I don't see a conflict and neither did he.

If the poster was a Mason he was mistaken and if knowing who he was I would correct him on his information so he knew better.