Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > General Conspiracy Discussion > Science
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2009, 05:14 AM

Default Re: Hollow Earth theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
You really arent helping the skeptical movement being so silly.
By pointing out a flaw in your thinking? Just because all forces are linked(a theory) does not mean one acts like another. Why didn't you just say there were gravity coils under the earth?

Old 05-12-2010, 07:54 PM

Location: Time. within, and throughout. i was, i will be, there for so i am.
Send a message via Yahoo to cbluemagica
Question Re: Hollow Earth theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Box View Post
Although I'm not a proponent of Hollow Earth theory, I believe it is worth mentioning the (pseudo?)scientific concept behind this theory. Many people on this forum may have heard of Hollow Earth theory but I doubt many of them can explain what this theory actually claims from a physics point of view.

Hollow Earth theory states that the earth's center of gravity is just a few hundred kilometers below us. According to this theory, the earth's gravity is the consequence of the electro-magnetic features of this center of gravity (functioning much like an electromagnetic coil spool). The center of the earth is (so they say) Hollow and people walk on oposite side of us, as they are on the other side of the center of gravity.

In the middle is a central sun. According to Hollow Earth theory, all planets originated as gas orbs (must like a star) that cooled down until the outer parts became solid. Because of centrifugional powers, there are holes at both poles allowing entry into the Hollow Earth and back.

Proponents of Hollow Earth theory consider Aurora Borealis to be caused by rays from the inner sun shining through the polar openings and affected by the electro-magnetic fields it passes through.

It is said that the origin of human culture exists within Hollow Earth. It is said that a few remaining Nazis moved to Antarctica and entered the Hollow Earth opening to rebuild their society safely. It is said that admiral Byrd once flew into one of the polar openings and wrote a report of his findings.

The major problem with this theory (except for the unconventional physics) is the fact that not a single picture, artifact or person from within Hollow Earth has surfaced. If there really were these openings, certainly at least someone would have entered Hollow Earth and taken some proof with him, right?! At least someone would have exposed that proof and put it on the Internet, right? Certainly there are a few people who claim to be organising a (very expensive) trip to inside Hollow Earth for several years, however to this day Hollow Earth theory seems nothing more than an unsubstanciated hypothesis.

Another big problem with this theory, is that is requires the complicity of NASA as well as many governments considering you don't just hide two huge holes in the earth even if they're at the coldest places. Some say the holes clearly show or were obviously photoshopped out in some of the NASA footage, however these claims are dubious to say the least.

so this inner sun. it has its own gravitational pull? like the sun itself.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbluemagica View Post
so this inner sun. it has its own gravitational pull? like the sun itself.
It seems that according to Hollow Earth theory gravitational pull is directed towards the center of the earth's crust that acts somewhat like a magnetic coil.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:09 PM

Well. I certainly do not believe in this theory. Just does not comply with the laws of physics. It just doesn't make sense. However, I think it was supposed to be a spoof. Just like this article is trying to convey...

Holes In The Poles
Old 05-12-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy435 View Post
Well. I certainly do not believe in this theory. Just does not comply with the laws of physics. It just doesn't make sense. However, I think it was supposed to be a spoof. Just like this article is trying to convey...

Holes In The Poles
I think that picture is some graphic art done by someone who wants us all to believe that is true. It's a fake, got to love the artwork though.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:16 AM

I believe Hawking does not have a theory for gravity. Perhaps the Expanding Earth Theory would be better for mathematical equasions for gravity. This could explain the change of gravitational force's effects on size evolutions in species habitating this planet. The larger the mass, the greater the gravity, the smaller the species as mass increases.

Not a scientist, though.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:19 AM
Woo Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane doe View Post
I believe Hawking does not have a theory for gravity. Perhaps the Expanding Earth Theory would be better for mathematical equasions for gravity. This could explain the change of gravitational force's effects on size evolutions in species habitating this planet. The larger the mass, the greater the gravity, the smaller the species as mass increases.

Not a scientist, though.
Seeing as there already is a well founded explanation of gravity, why would Hawking have his own? And no, its not a change in gravity that affects the average size of creatures on Earth, but rather the amount of biomass in the ecosystem that is available.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireEngineer View Post
Seeing as there already is a well founded explanation of gravity, why would Hawking have his own? And no, its not a change in gravity that affects the average size of creatures on Earth, but rather the amount of biomass in the ecosystem that is available.
Not necessarily. Plants as well as animals evolve independent of each other.

"In analyzing our interactome map of Arabidopsis, we found strong evidence of this rapid-then-slow process over the hundreds of millions of years of the plant's evolution," says Braun. "It provides the first-ever empirical evidence of evolution acting on protein networks."

First large-scale map of a plant's protein network addresses evolution, disease process

Also note the finding supports extinction, not evolution:

Humans driving extinction faster than species can evolve, say experts.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...species-evolve

Last edited by jane doe : 08-15-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Woo Nemesis

I somehow doubt a change in gravity ( Which would require a change in mass, by the way. Where did all that mass go or come from?) would affect the overall amount of biomass, but a changing atmosphere certainly would.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:47 AM

Charles Bronson's home brand mustard gas that filled that escape tunnel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.