Go Back   Club Conspiracy Forums > Unexplainable Discussions > Religion/Cults/Secret Societies
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 02:32 AM
Space Cowboy

Default Lacrosse Societies

I'm new to this board and I don't know much about what goes on around here but considering the forums title I thought it might be a good place to bring up this discussion. What I wanted to do was compare a couple of lacrosse based societies and maybe open the discusion to the sport of lacrosse's connection with secret societies in general.

The two societies that I would like to compare are HAF and the Society of the Psilocrosse.

HAF is one of Princeton University's drinking clubs. It is comprised soley of alumni of the University's lacrosse team. All that seems to be known about the club is that they get together once a year to drink a pitcher of beer and have the motto "While you are with friends the glass is always half full."

What is known about the Society of the Psilocrosse is equally basic. They were founded at Johns Hopkins University, they have an affinity for lacrosse and magic mushrooms and their logo, the psilocrosse, contains elements of a cross, a yin yang symbol and a swastika.

Comparing these two societies we find that, while HAF chooses to consume beer, the Society of the Psilocrosse have adopted taking psilocybin mushrooms. Also in contrast to HAF's seemingly straight forward motto implying the goodness of friendship and looking on the bright side of life the Society of the Psilocrosse has presented the public with a somewhat mysterious symbol with connections to religion. Last but perhaps not least while HAF's membership is limited to only alumni of Princeton University's lacrosse team the Society of the Psilocrosse appears to have presented no such limitation.

The key word (or phrase) in this comparison is of course "presented" (to the public).

Looking more broadly at the sport of lacrosse's connection to secret societies John Kerry, a member of Yale's Skull and Bones, was a lacrosse player. And while this is the only extremely wealthy politician that comes to mind that played lacrosse considering lacrosse's prevalance at elite private schools I doubt he is the only one.

Finally, it might be interesting to note the recent creation of a lacrosse clothing line called "The Flow Society". Is someone trying to encourage lacrosse playing youth to join or even form secret societies"?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tom_Krishna : 06-24-2012 at 09:35 AM.